Want to buy Ipad for Phantom 4

Reaction score
I have flown my P4 with my Samsung phone . . . but want to get away from it. I want an Ipad . . . ipad mini .

Just wondering if anyone there has one they would like to sell an old sailor so he can go bird watching and stuff.

I'm told a mini 5 would work . . . but want to do a 6 if I can . . . as I may get another more modern bird . . . for my son.

Any ideas are open for me . . . as I've just begun this drone thing.

May God bless,
Dwight

If money isn’t an issue, get the mini6. If you end up with some newer DJI products, the iPad may not be necessary. Many of the newer products can use controllers with built in screens. The mini4 or mini5 would work fine for what you have now.

I have flown my P4 with my Samsung phone . . . but want to get away from it. I want an Ipad . . . ipad mini .

Just wondering if anyone there has one they would like to sell an old sailor so he can go bird watching and stuff.

I'm told a mini 5 would work . . . but want to do a 6 if I can . . . as I may get another more modern bird . . . for my son.

Any ideas are open for me . . . as I've just begun this drone thing.

May God bless,
Dwight
How are your eyes? The Mini's screen is pretty small. I have to wear readers for small print. And I hate wearing readers while I fly. So I use the largest iPad I can. The largest iPad that will fit in the RC's cradle is the iPad 9.7". If all you're going to run is DJI software, you can use almost any iPad starting with the Air 1. These can be had on eBay for cheap. The Air 1 handles DJI software without breaking a sweat; Go, Go 4 and Ground Station Pro.

D

Thanks, Guys . . . been trying to get over covid . . . mostly there now . . . finally gave up on trying to get an Ipad that would work . . . used . . . seemed there was a catch to all I found. Went to the Ipad store . . . popped 5 bills down . . . brought home a new one . . . works great. Don't know the model . . . but it just barely fits in the cradle . . . have to give it a thumb push . . . but dang, it is like driving down the road . . . crystal clear and like Harleydude, I don't have to wear cheaters.

Have you folks gone thru the process and got your part 107 license?? I started with an outfit that had some really good info . . . instruction was easy to use . . . but then it wouldn't load . . . I sent them a text . . . they refunded my purchase . . . no explanation . . . just wondering what others have done on that.

I'm not to sure I'd ever need it really . . . but it is like my CCW license . . . got it . . . hope I never have to use it.

Anyway . . . thanks again for the info.

May God bless,
Dwight

Reactions: Harleydude
Stay away from the iPads that use the USB C ports like the iPad mini 6. They will not work.

The iPad mini 4 and 5 will work fine. I have the iPad mini 6 and 5 and the only one that works is the iPad mini 5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers