Fly away

I Like it!

To retrieve your lost drone. Start at step A1
To retrieve your lost flight log. Start at step B1
To retrieve your lost mobile device. Start at step C1

Maybe I got it backwards?

Rod

Ok Now I think I may have to go to my Computer to get the whole story on the flight log, all I was looking at was on my Ipad. I will download GO4 app to my lap top and try looking at it again
You need iTunes on your laptop to locate the file on your iPad, not GO4.

You said it announced the home point was set. When did it announce that, was it before you launched?

Last edited:
@dronesky, was giving information, no log has been seen yet.
And it was related to post #3

Rod
The OP has said a few times (posts 8, 10, 12, 14) that he doesn't know how find and upload the log even though post #5 has a link to the log viewer and instructions for how to find it and upload it.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Yeah I know, I keep prodding because I want to go get it.

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
Mod must have moved this out of classifieds!!

Yea, you have to use iTunes with crApples.
Using iTunes I have to copy / sync the whole folder, I can't just copy the one I want, unless I use:
iFunbox | the File and App Management Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.

"IExplorer", I' will be looking at that like now.....

@YooperPH4, keep trying, it will be worth it. ;)
I prefer crApples for mobiles (security and performance), but other than that they irritate me!

Rod
Yeah, all I was looking for was if anyone had one for sale, I did not expect all the help,I just wish I was more ed
If you have removed the Go-App from you iPad, chances are the flight log will be gone, because the Go-App is what saved it.

If you did remove the App from iPad, then why?

Rod
I have not removed go app from my I pad, I have never had it on my computer. I have to try to install it on y computer and then look at the log

Reactions: RodPad
You can't install DJI-GO on your computer, do you have some on than can help you out? :)

Rod

I am trying to upload the flight logs, I just don't know what I am doing,
I use an IPad Air to fly my drone. Everything else I do is on windows. I am really not very savy with tech.
I think this response is typical of many persons. If I had a problem like a flyaway and someone asked me to provide the flightlog, I'd need to spend a week or two figuring out how to do that without a guide of some sort. This gentleman is obviously lost and needs someone to lead him thru the steps, in layman's terms, in how to access the flight log and upload it to this site, DJI, etc. Can someone help the guy with a step by step instruction that doesn't take an egghead techie to decipher? Such help would help me also for future reference should I ever need it.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Can someone help the guy with a step by step instruction that doesn't take an egghead techie to decipher?
I believe post#15 was quite straight forward. If you are asking for a video tutorial that is a bit much. If you know directory structure at all ( Which all computer users should ) then it should be easy to access.

I believe post#15 was quite straight forward. If you are asking for a video tutorial that is a bit much. If you know directory structure at all ( Which all computer users should ) then it should be easy to access.
Yes. I've been familiar with computer directory structure since 1984. But I'm pretty sure my P4P flight log is nowhere to be found on my computer since I don't fly my drone with my laptop. I would assume cables would need to be connected from my drone or remote controller and then some procedure would need to be followed to get the data onto my computer. That is the issue I am talking about. If my drone crashed, I couldn't simply drive back home, turn on my computer and find the culprit in some directory. As I indicated, egghead techies know the drill, other's could use some guidance and I doubt a video would be necessary.

At least your not using a mac!
You are using iTunes?

Yeah its like the whole folder and sub folders, I bunch of stuff you don't need, then you look for the file name the FD thinks is the correct one.

Rod

Yes. I've been familiar with computer directory structure since 1984. But I'm pretty sure my P4P flight log is nowhere to be found on my computer since I don't fly my drone with my laptop. I would assume cables would need to be connected from my drone or remote controller and then some procedure would need to be followed to get the data onto my computer. That is the issue I am talking about. If my drone crashed, I couldn't simply drive back home, turn on my computer and find the culprit in some directory. As I indicated, egghead techies know the drill, other's could use some guidance and I doubt a video would be necessary.
I will admit I am a Real Estate agent, I purchased the drone to help in my business, I am not at all tech savy. I have only had the drone itself for a few months and have a total of 9 hours on it. I apologize for being ignorant, I really am trying to understand. I think I should probably leave you folks alone and work on this on my own until I am more competent on these issues. Thanks for everyone's help.

I got side tracked, I'm going to look into the iExplorer now.

Rod

I will admit I am a Real Estate agent, I purchased the drone to help in my business, I am not at all tech savy. I have only had the drone itself for a few months and have a total of 9 hours on it. I apologize for being ignorant, I really am trying to understand. I think I should probably leave you folks alone and work on this on my own until I am more competent on these issues. Thanks for everyone's help.
I fully understand your situation. Please don't give up on receiving help here. This is an excellent forum with some great knowledgeable people who are more than willing to get you back on track. This is what good forums do. Members realize that not all members are drone experts. I'm actually surprised that several have not jumped to your aid by now but give it a little time. If you still come up scratching your head, let me know and I'll do the research necessary to help. We'll "git 'er done".

I Like it!

To retrieve your lost drone. Start at step A1
To retrieve your lost flight log. Start at step B1
To retrieve your lost mobile device. Start at step C1

Maybe I got it backwards?

Rod
Thanks, Rod. This is probably great assistance for someone who knows where to find Step A1, B1, C1, etc. It's a big world out there and I'm sure those vital steps aren't on the moon. But, for some of us, it would help to narrow the search down a bit. Again, thanks for your help.

I fully understand your situation. Please don't give up on receiving help here. This is an excellent forum with some great knowledgeable people who are more than willing to get you back on track. This is what good forums do. Members realize that not all members are drone experts. I'm actually surprised that several have not jumped to your aid by now but give it a little time. If you still come up scratching your head, let me know and I'll do the research necessary to help. We'll "git 'er done".

"I'm actually surprised that several have not jumped to your aid by now but give it a little time."

I'm actually surprised that you haven't looked at the instructions on the link.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

See what he might be missing and maybe help out, learn how to do this before you need to.

By looking at these logs you may find something wrong before it happens. As in this one.
A Lucky Day!

If you come up with some tips, I'm sure PhantomHelp.com, @msinger and others would appreciate it.

Rod

So iExplorer does work, its little more basic then iFunBox. I had to load up DJI-Go from the cloud on my iPhone since my iPad is at home. It still took me awhile to find the files.

Of coarse you have to have iTunes on your system, which sucks. One day Safari showed up on my laptop as the default browser, well anyways at least you can see the files and pick which ones to choose from, instead of the whole folder in iTunes.

@YooperPH4, if get your iPad to show up in iTunes, we can help you out, but you really need crApple help to get there.

Good Luck!

Rod

I will admit I am a Real Estate agent, I purchased the drone to help in my business, I am not at all tech savy. I have only had the drone itself for a few months and have a total of 9 hours on it.
Lets start all over again.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

The whole process should only take a minute or two.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor