Fly away

Yes. I've been familiar with computer directory structure since 1984.
Similar for myself.

But I'm pretty sure my P4P flight log is nowhere to be found on my computer since I don't fly my drone with my laptop.
Obviously

I would assume cables would need to be connected from my drone or remote controller and then some procedure would need to be followed to get the data onto my computer.
Read the Instructions in the several Phantom Help posts from above.

As I indicated, egghead techies know the drill, other's could use some guidance and I doubt a video would be necessary.
Competely agreed, however each case is different. Detailed instrctions can only be offered to the "somewhat" computer literate. IMO if you fly a DJI or any other quad, one should have at least some computer literacy for their own benefit.

OK so I have down loaded to my laptop, I have also figured out how to load my flight records to my laptop, Now I just need to know how to convert them so I can read them. I'm getting close.

So iExplorer does work, its little more basic then iFunBox. I had to load up DJI-Go from the cloud on my iPhone since my iPad is at home. It still took me awhile to find the files.

Of coarse you have to have iTunes on your system, which sucks. One day Safari showed up on my laptop as the default browser, well anyways at least you can see the files and pick which ones to choose from, instead of the whole folder in iTunes.

@YooperPH4, if get your iPad to show up in iTunes, we can help you out, but you really need crApple help to get there.

Good Luck!

Rod
I got my files on to my computer and now I need to know how to convert them to something I can read. I know there is an app on Itunes to do that but I can not find it.

OK so I have down loaded to my laptop, I have also figured out how to load my flight records to my laptop, Now I just need to know how to convert them so I can read them. I'm getting close.
Cool!

I going to be gone for at least 30 mins.
If @Meta4, or any others don't help you I will in an hour.

Rod

Here is my flight record, I still haven't been able to figure out how to convert it so I can read it. I have tried to down load the converter mentioned in earlier post but it wont down load to y computer for some reason.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-28_[13-43-36].txt
    499.4 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: dronesky and RodPad
Here is my flight record, I still haven't been able to figure out how to convert it so I can read it. I have tried to down load the converter mentioned in earlier post but it wont down load to y computer for some reason.
I uploaded your flight log to the viewer mentioned several times earlier in this thread. Here is the link to see your flight:

Reactions: JoBe
Dude!

Does this like correct!

Ok, I think I got @YooperPH4 to get us the log!

I made my goal for this thread. :)
Lets find a P4!

@Fly Dawg, @Oso, @Meta4, @sar104

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
I uploaded your flight log to the viewer mentioned several times earlier in this thread. Here is the link to see your flight:

You posted while I was replying to the OP.
Anyways lets find a P4! ;)

Rod

Reactions: JoBe and dronesky
So yesterday I was flying a forty-acre parcel for a buyer when my P4P obsidian decided it wanted to misbehave and flew away, never to return. Sooo I am waiting to see if DJI is going to replace it, but if not I will be looking for another, I don't believe I will need any accessories like remote or batteries.
Here's what a short summary of your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The recorded data only lasts for 4:05.7 and it appears that you were in full control until the data ends.
You were losing signal with a few lost downlink messages after 3:29 and the downlink was lost for 32 seconds on one occasion.
Signal was lost completely a few seconds later.

Losing signal isn't uncommon, but it usually results in the drone initiating RTH and coming home.
Possible explanations for a drone failing to return include:
Obstacles on the RTH path, strong winds, or .....

Your drone settings include three options for Loss of Signal Options.
These are RTH, Hover and Land.
The default option is RTH and this never changes unless you change it yourself.
Looking deeper into your settings, I see that the Failsafe Action that was set is: Land
Your drone will have commenced autolanding soon after losing signal.
The place to look is at 46.09876 -87.06166, and possibly a little further west.
Unfortunately, that looks like its forested and might be difficult searching there.

Reactions: 2edgesword
Thanks everyone, I will go back up and check at those concordance, I am not sure how the default got changed to land. It is not something I would have done intentionally. Wouldn't have known how to change the default. I appreciate everyone's patients and help. Now I strap on the snowshoes and head back to the woods.

Reactions: RodPad
Here's what a short summary of your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The recorded data only lasts for 4:05.7 and it appears that you were in full control until the data ends.
You were losing signal with a few lost downlink messages after 3:29 and the downlink was lost for 32 seconds on one occasion.

Losing signal isn't uncommon, but it usually results in the drone initiating RTH and coming home.

Looking deeper into your settings, I see that the Failsafe Action that was set is: Land
Unfortunately, that looks like its forested and might be difficult searching there.

First I want to say thank you. If I may ask How were you able find my fail safe setting was set to land, Now that I have gone this far I would like to learn how to read all the data available.

First I want to say thank you. If I may ask How were you able find my fail safe setting was set to land, Now that I have gone this far I would like to learn how to read all the data available.
There's a lot to learn and it takes a while.
I've been reading flight data for 4 years and still learning.
I looked in the Verbose CSV file to find the Failsafe Action setting.
It's in column GB of this spreadsheet: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewe...htRecord_2020-01-28_[13-43-36]csv-verbose.zip
The full column heading is: MC_PARAM.failSafeAction

But because that's pretty complicated, here's a snapshot from it with the relevant part highlighted:
GB1.jpg

There's a lot to learn and it takes a while.
I've been reading flight data for 4 years and still learning.
I looked in the Verbose CSV file to find the Failsafe Action setting.
It's in column GB of this spreadsheet: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewe...htRecord_2020-01-28_[13-43-36]csv-verbose.zip
The full column heading is: MC_PARAM.failSafeAction

But because that's pretty complicated, here's a snapshot from it with the relevant part highlighted:
View attachment 116991
Ok, when I look at the logs you downloaded I do not see those columns, I will have to look into it deeper to locate that information. Thanks

The failsafe action was actually "Hover". That explains why it did not RTH, although not the cause of the loss of connection.

At the end of the flight the sticks were centered. Since there were no wind issues the aircraft should have hovered in place until low battery caused it to land. I'd agree that it should have landed very close to the last recorded location:

1580479562603.jpeg

@YooperPH4,
I will be looking for it myself, from a computer. ;)

I have a Torn Meniscus, un-level ground, steps and driving make it worse. :rolleyes::(

Rod

• Sad
Reactions: JoBe and BigAl07
Where are you seeing that?
Why does MC_PARAM.failSafeAction show Landing?

Where are you seeing that?
Why does MC_PARAM.failSafeAction show Landing?

After the signal was lost and then reacquired. I've found that sometimes the reported action is not accurate until after it has been implemented.

failsafe.png

Reactions: dronesky and RodPad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic