Fly away

What about your other goal? To warn people off of using a Mac ;)
I don't use one and don't want to learn, and I would have a negative influenza. :D
Spell check picked " influenza" fits my character.

My wife just got iMac that's fine.
Help with network connections, pass words, etc, no problem.
You will be best figuring out the rest on your own. ;)

Rod

I would like to thank everyone for all your help, now I would like to broach the next level of this question. I am wondering what might have been the problem for the loss of signal. I have been back out to the property a couple of times to look for the drone and have looked around the property and the only thing I can think of is 1) the temperature which I can't think would be the problem, (it was in the low thirties) 2) the thickness of the woods, and 3) is that there was an electric transformer on the property. Would any or all of these be the problem or could there be a problem with the system itself?

Reactions: RodPad
I would like to thank everyone for all your help, now I would like to broach the next level of this question. I am wondering what might have been the problem for the loss of signal. I have been back out to the property a couple of times to look for the drone and have looked around the property and the only thing I can think of is 1) the temperature which I can't think would be the problem, (it was in the low thirties) 2) the thickness of the woods, and 3) is that there was an electric transformer on the property. Would any or all of these be the problem or could there be a problem with the system itself?

It's really difficult to say what the cause might have been. Did you look at the specific location suggested by @Meta4 and myself in the earlier posts? I'm pretty confident that the aircraft will be within 10 meters or so of that spot. If you find the aircraft then we can look at the onboard DAT file.

what might have been the problem for the loss of signal.
Temperature and a nearby substation shouldn't cause you to lose signal.
Shooting through forest canopy could if there is enough vegetation between the controller and the drone ... but at 187 feet, you were probably well clear of that.
It might just be a combination of distance and not accurately keeping the antenna pointed directly toward the drone.

It's really difficult to say what the cause might have been. Did you look at the specific location suggested by @Meta4 and myself in the earlier posts? I'm pretty confident that the aircraft will be within 10 meters or so of that spot. If you find the aircraft then we can look at the onboard DAT file.
I was out there today, I will head back out tomorrow. The area is very heavily wooded where it landed. if you aren't with in a few feet it will be hard to see. how do I access the onboard data file if I do find it.

I was out there today, I will head back out tomorrow. The area is very heavily wooded where it landed. if you aren't with in a few feet it will be hard to see. how do I access the onboard data file if I do find it.

The method and links are here:

Thank you for this information, I found my drone on Saturday afternoon, The only physical damage to it I could see was a broken propeller, It was sitting vertically with 2 motors in the snow, I am concerned what sitting like this in the weather for 4 days may have caused. I have been in contact with DJI but they have not been able to answer my questions as of this point!

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
Got Pictures?

Story isn't finished with out pictures. ;) :rolleyes:

"It was sitting vertically with 2 motors in the snow, I am concerned what sitting like this in the weather for 4 days may have caused."

What were the temperatures, did it stay below freezing?

Leave No Bird Behind! ;)

Rod

Reactions: JoBe and WBN3
View attachment 117036
Got Pictures?

Story isn't finished with out pictures. ;) :rolleyes:

"It was sitting vertically with 2 motors in the snow, I am concerned what sitting like this in the weather for 4 days may have caused."

What were the temperatures, did it stay below freezing?

Leave No Bird Behind! ;)

Rod
Mid 20sF during the day, mid to upper 30s F during the day couple of light flurries during the 4 days

Thank you for this information, I found my drone on Saturday afternoon, The only physical damage to it I could see was a broken propeller, It was sitting vertically with 2 motors in the snow, I am concerned what sitting like this in the weather for 4 days may have caused. I have been in contact with DJI but they have not been able to answer my questions as of this point!
That is good news ??

As was suggested, it would be really good to get the logs off the drone - especially before you send anything to DJI. Those logs have whatever info was generated after your iPad lost the signal. Sounds like you lost contact and it may just show slow steady depletion of the batteries until it auto-landed.

As was suggested, it would be really good to get the logs off the drone - especially before you send anything to DJI. Those logs have whatever info was generated after your iPad lost the signal. Sounds like you lost contact and it may just show slow steady depletion of the batteries until it auto-landed.
When the drone lost signal I had 90% battery, DJI already knows that. I have 15 minutes of video of it hovering in the trees before it shut down completely and fell through the trees and had a hard landing.

I flew it today for the first time, Just for a few minutes, It seamed to fly ok but it seamed to have a few times that it briefly broke video connection. I will be working on downloading the on board logs in the next couple of days to see what can be determined from them.

Last edited:
When the drone lost signal I had 90% battery, DJI already knows that. I have 15 minutes of video of it hovering in the trees before it shut down completely and fell through the trees and had a hard landing.
Seems like you got lucky in that it made it all the way to the ground... realize the images in the track log are from summer (edit: well, no snow), but a canopy like that (especially if it's evergreen) will snag a bird pretty easily. Interested to hear what you find in the onboard logs.

Seems like you got lucky in that it made it all the way to the ground... realize the images in the track log are from summer (edit: well, no snow), but a canopy like that (especially if it's evergreen) will snag a bird pretty easily. Interested to hear what you find in the onboard logs.
You are right in the fact that I was lucky it found it's way to the ground, If I would have had the prop guards on it I have no doubt it would have hung up.I have a lot going on the next couple of days but I hope to get them down loaded by the end of the week. When I was flying it today the video transmission blipped a couple of times. I kept it in clear skies and only 600 ft out then hit the return home just to check it out. Should know more once the on board logs are down loaded.

Reactions: dronesky
It might be a good idea to go into the settings and reset your Loss of Signal Action:
i-HfdmsWq-L.png

Yes, and confirm what the settings were.

@YooperPH4,
So weird,
You waited two days before telling us that you found it.
Many would have gave ideas on the procedures that work best to in this situation to avoid later problems, battery, etc..

Rod

Yes, and confirm what the settings were.

@YooperPH4,
So weird,
You waited two days before telling us that you found it.
Many would have gave ideas on the procedures that work best to in this situation to avoid later problems, battery, etc..

Rod
[/QU
I was working all weekend, I am going to try to download the onboard flight logs sometime this week and post them. I would like folks to help figure out what happened when I get them posted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik