Fly away

What condition is it in? Does it power up? Gimbal and camera work?

What condition is it in? Does it power up? Gimbal and camera work?

I got the video feed from the SD card...it flew and landed just fine. It was found that day but they didn’t know what to do with it. It sat on a a back porch kind of sort of in the rain but not really. Other than a little pollen on the outside everything seems to be fine but I’m afraid it will fly away again if I take off. There doesn’t appear to be any moisture damage or anything like that

I got the video feed from the SD card...it flew and landed just fine. It was found that day but they didn’t know what to do with it. It sat on a a back porch kind of sort of in the rain but not really. Other than a little pollen on the outside everything seems to be fine but I’m afraid it will fly away again if I take off. There doesn’t appear to be any moisture damage or anything like that

Do a normal start, but with the props OFF. Listen to it and observe any issues. Then, if all seems ok, reinstall the props and do your startup again.....in beginner mode. That will (hopefully) limit its’ wandering tendencies, if any. Baby steps to start. [emoji12]

So glad you got it back and now have two drones. You can use one for testing missions that your 50/50 about doing , but.... Lets not get to any risky missions if at all. If it helps.... Any litchi mission you do, make sure that you load the mission and press play when the drone is on the ground. Why? I noticed that when my drone was hoovering in the air uploading the mission, it ate away 7% battery, this could make all the difference between completing the mission or force landing the mission at an unknown place. And sometimes the mission may not load first time so you have to reload it again wasting more battery. However if you upload the mission and start it when the drone is on the ground... It will hardly use any battery [emoji6]

Also the longest mission time I done was 14 mins... Battery came back at 20% on a 120 metre high mission. That was real risky and had me freaking out I admit. But boy... The excitement of hearing the drone come back as I was packing away the controller telling myself it's a goner was more exciting then actually getting the drone lol.

Reactions: Kissthesky
I took it to vivid In Nashville. They are going to run a diagnostic on two of the batteries and my controller and they’re going to send the drone back to DJI For a full diagnostic. They may keep it but nonetheless I got a good drone on the other end. I would love to have two but I’d rather be honest

Reactions: Pharm
Throughout the pictures you can see where I lost communication right in front of our Barn. The house has Wi-Fi, the barn has Wi-Fi, the surrounding neighbors have Wi-Fi. This has gotten me thinking about the Wi-Fi errors that I was receiving. Could this have affected the GPS signal and created the event that happened?

Throughout the pictures you can see where I lost communication right in front of our Barn. The house has Wi-Fi, the barn has Wi-Fi, the surrounding neighbors have Wi-Fi. This has gotten me thinking about the Wi-Fi errors that I was receiving. Could this have affected the GPS signal and created the event that happened?

No - GPS reception will not have been affected by wifi signals.

How much do you trust those 5 seconds of GPS data? They indicate a velocity of just under 100 mph.
Just now figured this out. There is a bug in DatCon. The GPS(0):VelN, GPS(0):VelE, and GPS(0):VelD are all 10 times actual value. Should've caught the hint that 100 mph is 10 times the 10 mph we were supposing. :) This will be fixed in 3.5.0

@ferraript

So I ended up finding the Drone and sent it off to DJI. They came back with it was water damaged. How is that even possible? It never saw any kind of liquid ever it was only 2 weeks old! None the less it is coming back to me as a parts drone. I hope it's my original drone

Did you mention the water is from the rain as it was lost for a few days ?

An 11 year old girl found it that day and brought it inside. It never saw any rain
Ah fair enough, could be wildlife urinating on it but highly unlikely. I would definitely fight that case. Had to do the same as DJI said the same about my one. I appealed against it and they agreed to repair it for free. I personally think it's a mix bag, no harm getting them to reassess it again. The next person you chat too might have more sympathy and understanding

Reactions: Kissthesky
An 11 year old girl found it that day and brought it inside. It never saw any rain
According to the weather history at Weather Underground, it rained on April 14th (1.15") and 15th (0.19"). That was within the 8 day span you said your Phantom was lost outside.

Reactions: Neon Euc
According to the weather history at Weather Underground, it rained on April 14th (1.15") and 15th (0.19"). That was within the 8 day span you said your Phantom was lost outside.
Excatley what made me say my first statement about rain, now it's been said it was found on the same day as being lost

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor