Fly away

I don't want someone getting hurt when I know there is something wrong with it
If you want to get it fixed and have a spare bird, I’ve used Mike Holt 530-277-5366. He’s a good guy and will give you info over the phone. You can then decide whether or not to have him repair it. Very honest and good prices

Reactions: Kissthesky
Sorry guys...false alarm. Seems like someone was messing with my head. Someone called me last night to say they found it but today...no answer. I just went searching in the field where you guys sit at last was located with the pin...nada :(

Sorry guys...false alarm. Seems like someone was messing with my head. Someone called me last night to say they found it but today...no answer. I just went searching in the field where you guys sit at last was located with the pin...nada :(
Did you also search "downwind" some?
upload_2018-4-16_13-19-12.png

Weird. How did he find your phone number? Did he say it was wet and undamaged?

Yes the bottom of the circle is an old bosses of mine house. I asked him if it was okay if I searched the property and he said yes. I searched the entire field twice over. It was just a kid apparently who has a very very vivid imagination. His dad just called me and told me

Yes the bottom of the circle is an old bosses of mine house. I asked him if it was okay if I searched the property and he said yes. I searched the entire field twice over. It was just a kid apparently who has a very very vivid imagination. His dad just called me and told me
Needs a spanking ;)

He said it was soaking wet and sitting in their yard. She got my phone number from the flyer that I passed out all over the neighborhood.

Actually this is pretty much my exact path that I took.

Attachments

• EA1B2FA0-D3D6-4E11-9186-C9B2752ADA78.jpeg
    EA1B2FA0-D3D6-4E11-9186-C9B2752ADA78.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 296
How much do you trust those 5 seconds of GPS data? They indicate a velocity of just under 100 mph.
Those are kinda scary velocities - I don't believe them either. I did some calcs using the GPS coords at time 582.501 secs and at time 585.754 secs which yielded a velocity of 10 mph, heading 201°. Seems like another poster speculated the wind was 10 mph, although at a SE heading.:)

We don't know the scale of the GPS DOP signals except to say they aren't the "standard" scale. But, GPS(0):pDOP and GPS(0):hDOP both have relatively low values. (Compared to the first part of this flight and other flights I've seen).The numSats is 16.

So to answer your question I'm leaning towards the GPS coords data are probably OK.. Those velocities do give one pause though.

Those are kinda scary velocities - I don't believe them either. I did some calcs using the GPS coords at time 582.501 secs and at time 585.754 secs which yielded a velocity of 10 mph, heading 201°. Seems like another poster speculated the wind was 10 mph, although at a SE heading.:)

We don't know the scale of the GPS DOP signals except to say they aren't the "standard" scale. But, GPS(0):pDOP and GPS(0):hDOP both have relatively low values. (Compared to the first part of this flight and other flights I've seen).The numSats is 16.

So to answer your question I'm leaning towards the GPS coords data are probably OK.. Those velocities do give one pause though.

So just what in the heck was going on with my drone? I’m really confused especially on the places it said it landed. Right next my house? A quarter-mile away? 100 miles an hour?? I’m glad that they didn’t hurt someone that’s what I was really worried about.

And where the heck is it?? Lol...I looked even more today! That's six days looking for it solid! So the last known coordinates is where I should be looking when it was showing the GPS for 5 seconds correct? It was dropping at 10 miles an hour and self Landing and not a hundred miles an hour correct?

And where the heck is it?? Lol...I looked even more today! That's six days looking for it solid! So the last known coordinates is where I should be looking when it was showing the GPS for 5 seconds correct? It was dropping at 10 miles an hour and self Landing and not a hundred miles an hour correct?
I think the kid has it.

Reactions: Techcop50
So just what in the heck was going on with my drone? I’m really confused especially on the places it said it landed. Right next my house? A quarter-mile away? 100 miles an hour?? I’m glad that they didn’t hurt someone that’s what I was really worried about.
Kidding aside I think @sar104 is right. The GPS module does appear to be the problem.

I think so too and since that's more than likely what it is... There's no telling what direction it was really in. There's no telling what direction it went it could have been anywhere giving off any kind of signal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119