Fly Away, lost RC uplink. Don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind even if Litchi stalls, locks up, crashes etc you still have control of the aircraft so long as you have a solid Tx/Rx connection. While I fully understand you wanting to blame Litchi for this the data paints a much different picture.

Would you mind editing (or allowing a Mod to edit) your thread title to reflect a more accurate situation?
Keep in mind even if Litchi stalls, locks up, crashes etc you still have control of the aircraft so long as you have a solid Tx/Rx connection. While I fully understand you wanting to blame Litchi for this the data paints a much different picture.

Would you mind editing (or allowing a Mod to edit) your thread title to reflect a more accurate situation?
Sure , if you think it will cause backlash i can do that.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hum, its been a few days... ;)

@RadRocket,
Are you still in search mode? ;)

I'm posting this as bump, I meant a "speed bump"

Attention Captain Crunchers, I meant "Data Crunchers" ,
Where could it have auto landed?

Since so many replies came in when asked this on post #22 :rolleyes:

Just limit them to this planet. :eek:

Rod

Added: Sorry, this planet = Earth. Didn't want to confuse others.:D

Last edited:
You did not notice ( For some reason) that you lost signal to the Phantom, which would explain RTH while you thought you were still connected, because the downlink was still good giving you video and telemetry. Just my assessment.
Exactly I have also accidentally bumped the toggle switch and put mine in atti mode.

You did not notice ( For some reason) that you lost signal to the Phantom, which would explain RTH while you thought you were still connected, because the downlink was still good giving you video and telemetry. Just my assessment.
May have been as in my case; I can barely SEE the display in sunlight!

Just a thought if your gyro in the drone having conflicting information it will automatically switch atti mode

I don't think gyros would have conflicting information, but if they were not working correctly then I guess they would cause an issue.
It auto switching to Atti mode seams to be GPS and compass are conflicting and of coarse not enough satellites.

Rod

However if you look at data you see it was in pgps after RTH cancel
It really doesn't matter what mode you were in at this point. Your RC signal was so bad that you never stood a chance. Here is another plot that shows the signal level, vs the flight modes. You can easily see where RTH was activated and where it was cancelled. Your signal was between 0-20% the entire time after you canceled RTH. I think it was just bad luck that you actually were able to cancel the RTH at all. As was said before, had you allowed RTH to continue with that terrible signal you would have been fine.

UPLINK VS RTH.png

Reactions: Oso and RodPad
Where could it have auto landed?
Your guess is as good as mine. Here is the last transmission from the log file. 84% battery remaining and drifting NNE @8mph, @ 200ft . If it maintained that speed, and assuming 10min or so of battery, i could have auto landed anywhere near the red area below.

Search Area2 copy.png

Thanks for your thoughts, mentally I was thinking farther away because if it was drifting (not flying against the wind) only power needed was to hold attitude. It would almost be like an idle?

I guess I could try it, but I have to many trees, next time I'm in the desert. ;)

Rod

this has to be taken more serious at DJI, when RTH function fails and causes a remote syn error or glitch it is DJI's responsibility, no excuse., its like a car with faulty air bags leaving the driver in critical condition.

when RTH function fails and causes a remote syn error or glitch
This was not an RTH failure. It was simply the fact that the OP cancelled the RTH that was already in progress as it was designed to do. And due to the bad uplink signal ( Which is why RTH was initiated in the first place), he regained signal just long enough to do the RTH cancel, then completely lost all uplink control which resulted in the drift away.

Is the signal data in the flight log or dat file?
They are in both, but the above ones were from the device log. It takes a little tweaking in the process, but not that difficult. ;)

May have been as in my case; I can barely SEE the display in sunlight!
Watch your RC connection light on the controller.

This was not an RTH failure. It was simply the fact that the OP cancelled the RTH that was already in progress as it was designed to do. And due to the bad uplink signal ( Which is why RTH was initiated in the first place), he regained signal just long enough to do the RTH cancel, then completely lost all uplink control which resulted in the drift away.
sorry , missed that one..im hunting al RTH issues because DJI refused to discuss the relation between the RTH on the remote causing a Fly away and i lost a spark over water.

im hunting al RTH issues because DJI refused to discuss the relation between the RTH on the remote causing a Fly away and i lost a spark over water.
Did you happen to post your data files here? That's the only way you will ever know, and even at that the data from the log will only show so much, but it could show some indications of what happened. I always advise people to post their data here first before even contacting DJI. There are quite a few of us who look at the data files in detail and if there is anything there we can assist in determining what the issue may have been.

Reactions: RodPad
Did you happen to post your data files here? That's the only way you will ever know, and even at that the data from the log will only show so much, but it could show some indications of what happened.
You mean in the phantomPilots forums? i have NEVER EVER had an issue with a single P4Pro, NONE, just big ugly drone your glad to put up in the sky to film spectacular images., it was a DJI spark that flew away over water, i mean its one thing they crash and another lost over water.
Here is the last video of the drone saved in the video cache files:
Here are links to sites showing the flight data into:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members