Fly Away, lost RC uplink. Don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok , here are two which seem to be back to back
Not sure where these came from but they don't contain anything useful. Take a look here for instructions on how to get the tablet .DAT files. Getting the right ones can be tricky so it might help if you could retrieve the 3 or 4 that have a dateTime close to your incident flight.

Not sure where these came from but they don't contain anything useful. Take a look here for instructions on how to get the tablet .DAT files. Getting the right ones can be tricky so it might help if you could retrieve the 3 or 4 that have a dateTime close to your incident flight.
Ok i see it, its in a folder inside a folder. ( i never shared this one with DJI) so..now i wonder if they ever looked!

Attachments

• 2018-02-04 at 22.45.16.jpg
    2018-02-04 at 22.45.16.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 2018-02-04 at 22.51.25.jpg
    2018-02-04 at 22.51.25.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 2018-01-12_11-11-21_FLY076.DAT
    2.4 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Yes. And you would be doing a service to this forum community if you would stop posting complete nonsense. This thread has become completely derailed by your bizarre assertions.
back off birdy, it was not me who is asking for info here, i have a dedicated thread.

No, but it is you spreading misinformation faster than anyone can keep up.
so why are you doing it, how many people are in your staff?

no one can deny the miss info spread here by you guys, its what your online for 24-7

no one can deny the miss info spread here by you guys, its what your online for 24-7

Oh no - the truth is out. It's a 24/7 conspiracy to deceive you. We have an entire team dedicated to it.

Oh no - the truth is out. It's a 24/7 conspiracy to deceive you. We have an entire team dedicated to it.
thanks to you, you blew our cover, no more hijacking customers drones remotely from CHINA before new releses (mavic ait etc) :cool:lol!

the signal between the remote and drone is one thing but the remote still records into the dji app, always.
To the extent additional information is recorded after signal loss how useful might it be?

There are plenty of accounts where it is clearly evident DJI makes good and replaces lost AC where the cause of the event was likely to have been DJI hardware/firmware related.

Imagine if you were sitting on your board waiting for a wave and lost your watch. Maybe the clasp failed, a link came undone or one of the spring clips let go at the case. If you had the watch the manufacturer or agent would probably repair or replace it. If you couldn’t find it to present to them what would you expect them to do? Best I think you might get is a discount in a replacement. This is probably the best you might hope to get from DJI with respect to this incident.

Perhaps you would be better served stating your case in the DJI owned forum.

There are plenty of accounts where it is clearly evident DJI makes good and replaces lost AC where the cause of the event was likely to have been DJI hardware/firmware related.
Where?
Best I think you might get is a discount in a replacement. This is probably the best you might hope to get from DJI with respect to this incident.
we are in the process of replacing everything, the fact here is that i did not cause the issue so when the aircraft, car, boat gets totally destroyed beyond repair its the same as it been lost over a body of water or fire.
30% does not apply to this case, not every case is the same.

Gabriel ...you've spouted all kinds of nonsense about the way you think drones operate, much of it completely irrelevant to your case.
There's no point attempting to address them further as you have your own (mis)understanding and won't listen to anyone.
i know DJI has a whle army of people working on line trying to calm people with issues down

And now you come up with this complete garbage.
I think the actual situation may be more like ...
You have heard a whole army of very ignorant people say that DJI has people working on line trying to calm people.
This may be a popular misconception but it is very, very false.
I would think that in four years reading several forums related to DJI drones, that I would have been able to identify some of these DJI people if they existed (and I haven't).
I would think that if DJI were so organised to be able to do that, that DJI might actually have some moderators on their own forum that actually know something about DJI drones (but they don't) and do some of the calming people as you say (but they don't).

Accusing people of being paid by DJI is a very clumsy way of dealing with people that disagree with you when you want to blame DJI for something you refuse to accept.
The facts usually are that the people being accused simply understand a lot more about drone operation than the accuser does.

Reactions: Pharm
Accusing people of being paid by DJI.
Ok so just fan who is upset?

Dont worry, i like DJI too.,

you see, my point is simple and logical.

If a user is not responsible for the cause of a product to be destroyed beyond repair or as good as lost., then its got to be the manufactures responsibility.

I insisted to share my story with the remote since DJI already accepted this logical as the only explanation., now if you dont accept it fine...but prove its not the case because so far, even DJI cant or wont.

and for the 15th time i asked people to share a video showing what alerts their remotes sound off when a battery is pulled while the aircraft is hovering... the alerts are the key sounds DJI and drone techs listen to from the RC to understand how they are actually behaving while the software only commands parameters.

So while you slide your RTH on the iphone and it crashes, using the RTH on the remote could also crash and do something stupid due to firmware.

Ok so just fan who is upset?

Dont worry, i like DJI too.,

If a user is not responsible for the cause of a product to be destroyed beyond repair or as good as lost., then its got to be the manufactures responsibility.

I insisted to share my story with the remote since DJI already accepted this logical as the only explanation., now if you dont accept it fine...but prove its not the case because so far, even DJI cant or wont.

and for the 15th time i asked people to share a video showing what alerts their remotes sound off when a battery is pulled while the aircraft is hovering... the alerts are the key sounds DJI and drone techs listen to from the RC to understand how they are actually behaving while the software only commands parameters.

So while you slide your RTH on the iphone and it crashes, using the RTH on the remote could also crash and do something stupid due to firmware.
In circumstances where a cause isn’t demonstrated (this must include where no evidence is available) it can’t be said what or who is at fault.

Had a quick look at the two .dat text files you posted earlier. The airdata log you linked to shows a 6 minute something flight. The first .dat contains alerts in clear text which seem to correspond to the airdata log. The second .dat contains an airspace alert. It is a lot more than 6 minutes after the commencement of the first log though. Where were you flying? Where there NFZ?

In circumstances where a cause isn’t demonstrated (this must include where no evidence is available) it can’t be said what or who is at fault.

Had a quick look at the two .dat text files you posted earlier. The airdata log you linked to shows a 6 minute something flight. The first .dat contains alerts in clear text which seem to correspond to the airdata log. The second .dat contains an airspace alert. It is a lot more than 6 minutes after the commencement of the first log though. Where were you flying? Where there NFZ?
The property we live in is inside a zone D, this has nothing to do with the flight but only indicating that its a public area such as a amusement park., which was closed anyway.

DJI already confirmed that none of the alerts (which you can actually see in the flight data) reflect the incident which took place at the last instance.

I would guess that the most likely explanation for your lost drone was a malfunction of the propulsion system but without the drone or data that proves it, the cause will always be uncertain and it is unrealistic to expect the manufacturer to accept blame.

I think this is all a red herring.
RTH doesn't cause the drone to crash.
The drone will RTH or simply hover but it won't crash as a result of some mysterious unknown factor.
And loss of power would appear the same to your remote as loss of signal

The property we live in is inside a zone D, this has nothing to do with the flight but only indicating that its a public area such as a amusement park., which was closed anyway.

DJI already confirmed that none of the alerts (which you can actually see in the flight data) reflect the incident which took place at the last instance.

So seemingly we have confirmation of where this started- DJI, you or anybody here or anywhere else can't say what the incident was let alone what caused it.

What am I missing?

I would guess that the most likely explanation for your lost drone was a malfunction of the propulsion system but without the drone or data that proves it, the cause will always be uncertain and it is unrealistic to expect the manufacturer to accept blame.
I guess you dont watch the super bowl in China? oh wait, you.. dont work for DJI..
i guess its the hard fighting you do for DJI to get away with breaching consumer rights like in China made me think that, im not in China btw.

let me get this straight, your fighting for DJI to have the heads i win tails you lose consumer after sale dominance?

So in fact if a drone is damaged or lost your saying recovering it is the only way to find out what happened lol !

right :rolleyes:....... ----> so DJI can charge to repair it, i got you bloke., just fallow the $$$$.

No wonder they pop up on every social media site like angels giving the impression they will always be listening to you, no kidding bro, they are making a killing on after sales if they have a policy like the one your backing up..whats it called, HEADS i WIN TALES YOU LOOSE?
i mean...they might as a well hijack your drone and then charge you for parts when they cant explain why it crashed...

I say its fare the USER takes responsibility for the cost of damages or loss if responsible for abusing guidelines or causing the accident
and
the MANUFACTURE should take responsibility they cant prove the user caused the product to behave the way it did resulting to damages or loss.

all other manufactures abide by this consumer protection laws, so why are you pushing for chinese DJI law in america or europe?

free props?:D

Last edited:
I guess you dont watch the super bowl in China? oh wait, you.. dont work for DJI..
i guess its the hard fighting you do for DJI to get away with breaching consumer rights like in China made me think that, im not in China btw.

let me get this straight, your fighting for DJI to have the heads i win tails you lose consumer after sale dominance?

So in fact if a drone is damaged or lost your saying recovering it is the only way to find out what happened lol !

right :rolleyes:....... ----> so DJI can charge to repair it, i got you bloke., just fallow the $$$$.

No wonder they pop up on every social media site like angels giving the impression they will always be listening to you, no kidding bro, they are making a killing on after sales if they have a policy like the one your backing up..whats it called, HEADS i WIN TALES YOU LOOSE?
i mean...they might as a well hijack your drone and then charge you for parts when they cant explain why it crashed...

I say its fare to charge the USER for an accident, loss or abuse using rd party software
and
the MANUFACTURE for any malfunction if they can not PROVE it is the end user's fault,

all other manufactures abide by this cunsumer law why are you pushing for DJI to not do it?

free props?:D
Which manufacturer assumes a product had a defect in material or manufacture in the abscence of it being demonstrated? It’s not all except DJI. I would be surprised if you could name one.

I'm sorry guys but this has got so far away from the OP I see no need in this going on any further.

CLOSED
IMG_8764.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart