Flight controller firmware to 3.02

3.02? Did you mean 3.2?
If they slow down the descent rate much more we'll have to do an emergency shut off to get our birds down :)

Pull_Up said:
Flight controller ("autopilot") firmware updated to 3.02 today. From the release notes:

Major New Feature:
Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved. Maximum descent speed restricted to 2m/s.

Good if you've added a third party gimbal or are carrying extra bits and pieces like GPS trackers, etc.

Someone on another forum is displaying a screen shot that says V 3.20 and also shows the URL of the support website that's wrong. Apparently this displays during the installation process...

wrongversion.jpg

These guys are all over the place lately...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
3.02? Did you mean 3.2?

Nope, not unless DJI got it wrong as that's how they are referring to it in the table at the bottom of http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
Surprise surprise they got it wrong because on the assistant software the upgrade is definitely 3.2, hmmm did they manage to release 3.02and then 3.2 within an hour. 3.5 will be available by tonight with the new "super snail descent pace"

Pull_Up said:
Seahorse said:
Someone with an RP please report on your experience regarding improved stability?

I should be able to get out on Friday, so if no-one else gets the chance before I'll update tomorrow night and fly next morning if the weather plays ball...

I may be able to get out late afternoon tomorrow. We're in another storm... Or is it still the same f#$% continual one that started three weeks ago? At any rate, I'm off all day Friday and it's supposed to be mid sixties F with sunshine. I'll have the P2V up three or four times and should be able to fully test... whether it's 3.02 or 3.20... or 2.30.. or...

-slinger

They phrase it a little differently here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28238271&postcount=10888

"Important firmware upgrade:

Recently, we have received many reporting cases that Phantom shakes violently when descending or even crash. Now the reason of this has been found.

When the aircraft is landing rapidly, due to its high speed, propellers will flow into the disturbed flow zone below, so the propellers will lose some power, and in this case users usually try to push the throttle to fly up, but in the meantime the aircraft will continue to fall because of its inertia, and this will lead to more power lost, so there will be not enough power to fly up or even maintain its attitude. In this case, the aircraft will be shaking a lot. And if the battery is low, the propellers' power will be even lower, which will definitely cause this problem.

The new v3.02 firmware has controlled the descending speed to 2m/s, in order to avoid propellers flow into the disturbed flow zone.

We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest firmware as soon as possible, to avoid any crash or danger."

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Pull_Up said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
3.02? Did you mean 3.2?

Nope, not unless DJI got it wrong as that's how they are referring to it in the table at the bottom of http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
Surprise surprise they got it wrong because on the assistant software the upgrade is definitely 3.2, hmmm did they manage to release 3.02and then 3.2 within an hour. 3.5 will be available by tonight with the new "super snail descent pace"
Maybe it's 3.14159…................. Would account for P2Vs flying in circles occasionally... :lol:

New slower descent speed may secretly be put in place to discourage people flying really high. Actually tho I think it only effects the decent speed when going straight down not moving forward while going down. I personally don't want mine slower than 3km sec

Update

3m/s not 3km :oops:

BenDronePilot said:
New slower descent speed may secretly be put in place to discourage people flying really high. Actually tho I think it only effects the decent speed when going straight down not moving forward while going down. I personally don't want mine slower than 3km sec
Wow, I almost never descend at 6700 mph (3km/sec) :D

By adjusting the gains you get the same results. I still wont upgrade to version 3.0+ and when in doubt someone will post the new parameters i.e.. Pitch roll yaw and vertical...

For the metric challenged the 3 m/s rate was 590 feet per minute. The new 2 m/s rate is 394 FPM

I had one issue with this early on and then learned to make my rapid descents in a wide spiraling circle so I was always in clean air. People who got into trouble were the ones trying to come down really fast in an almost vertical descent.

Just done the upgrade and now my gimbal does not work ... looks like a nodding donkey.. have tried recalibrating but it just goes from vertical to facing down and then starts nodding ? This happened before on the last upgrade but it solved itself after I messed about .. but not sure what I did ... if anyone else gets the problem or solves it can you help . I am going to try and go back to ver 3 if I can .?

Thanks

erico said:
Just done the upgrade and now my gimbal does not work ... looks like a nodding donkey.. have tried recalibrating but it just goes from vertical to facing down and then starts nodding ? This happened before on the last upgrade but it solved itself after I messed about .. but not sure what I did ... if anyone else gets the problem or solves it can you help . I am going to try and go back to ver 3 if I can .?

Thanks

Ok sorted... I went back to vers 2 and the problem was still there so I then run the Rc systems assistant 1.1 and calibrated and the gimbal started to work . I then upgraded again to 3.02 (3.2) and all worked fine. I just need to try it now in flight . :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl