Firmware 3.02 Update

Ok so the rain stopped and so did work and I've just been out to test this new firmware. I updated as told and then re calibrated the sticks and once at the field calibrated the compass. The only thing I forgot to do was calibrate the IMU however when I got back I connected to the Mac and the Mod figue on the IMU screen flickered between 0 & 0.6 so looked ok.

I set the Phantom on my kit box and once I'd obtained about 9 sats I took off and let go of the sticks at about 8 meters to observe the hover. It didn't look bad but it didn't want to hover above my take off box which was about 3 or 4 meters in front of me it kept drifting backwards and wanted to be above my head. I kept tapping the right stick forwards to get it above the box but again it seemed to want to get above me. Due to trees behind me I didn't want it to drift too far.

I then played with the new descent speed limiter and started by climbing to about 50 meters. My iosd showed the climb to be about 6 m/s. Then closing the throttle fully the descent flickered between 2.0 & 2.1 m/s straight down. The motors did not shut off but as already described left right front and back movement was disabled. I climbed again and this time descended so I could move forwards. Obviously I couldn't get the 2 m/s speed as I couldn't pull the stick fully down. I can't record my iosd screen at the moment but seem to remember the speed reaching about 1.6 m/s s descending but still being able to move forwards.

Then I came back to my take of box to observe hovering and yawing 360 degrees at various speeds. Before the update I found that a continuous yaw made the Phantom drift in a big circle and then once I let go of the sticks it quickly repositioned back to where it should be. I would guess probably 3 or 4 meters depending on the breeze. It was steadier the slower I went. Today if I did a fast turn probably taking a second or two to spin 360 I bet it didn't move at all but the slow turns still made the Phantom drift. It also dropped a couple or three feet. Hard to be too accurate as it was only one 15 minute flight and I wanted to cram a lot of testing in. So about the same slower but improved faster.

My Gains. Now there is a whole other topic. When you enable Phantom mode the gains default are as the below:-

A: Pitch, Roll & Yaw 120% Vertical 200% And Attitude Pich & Roll 220%

When you change to Naza mode the above stays the same but if you hit the default button they change to the following:-

B: Pitch & Roll 125% Yaw 100% Vertical 100% And Attitude Pitch and Role 125%

I've flown on both before today and liked the slow yawing that the Naza default gave. Today I flew on the Naza default line B. One person on the thread stated he'd flown on the default from the factory setting which would be line A

If the weather is good in the morning I will again test but I have changed my gains now to the Phantom default or line A.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub