Firmware 3.02 Update

Reaction score
So who's going to try it. :lol: From Release notes "Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved", "Maximumm decent speed restricted to 2m/s".

shartlza said:
So who's going to try it. :lol: From Release notes "Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved", "Maximumm decent speed restricted to 2m/s".

No "Compass Issues causing hooks and TBE´s fixed"??
How long does it take to fix something that basic?

What the heck no compass fix !!! That's the most current problem plaguing many.
DJI I can see where your priority is and it's not listening to your consumers.

I'm having compass problem after upgraded my Phantom2 firmware to 3.02. I waited for green light flashing before take off. And after some movement, it turned to flash red-yellow and it acted like attitude mode. Then after a few seconds it returned to green and I can feel it is GPS locked. And the whole flight repeated this behaviour over and over. I tried to land and recalibrate for a few times but it didn't help. The calibrations were successful.

The only change is the firmware so I think it may be related. Is anyone having the same issue on 3.02? I can test it once as I only have one expensive battery. My setup is stock P2 + H3-3D.

shartlza said:

I will be testing today.....will report back

I've just tried again. Red and yellow lights flashed after power on and do compass calibration. No problem this time. Nice and smooth as usual.

Btw, I felt that descending is slower.

I would be very surprised to see any compass declination related fixes in a production firmware so soon. They have only recently asked us for new test logs so that tells me they are still working on identifying the actual defect in the code. Once that happens, they need to create the fix and test it before it goes into a release.

I've tried it this afternoon. It was a bit more windy than I hoped (12mph, gusting up to 20mph), but the craft was stable up to 450m above ground - descent was limited to around 2m/s but this felt quite stable and the H3-3D gimbal seemed to cope very well with this speed of descent - I wouldn't want to descend any quicker than this. I'm carrying quite a lot with the H3-3D, GoPro, Mini iOSD, immersion VTx and the 2.4GHz ground station downlink. I'm pretty satisfied with the performance. My H3-3D is still a bit glitchy during initialisation and drifts a little to the left, but seems to work OK in the air nonetheless.

I updated to 3.02 yesterday. Re-calibrated the transmitter and re-calibrated the IMU. Went outside to test and got red blinking lights after initial warmup. Re-calibrated the compass and the red lights went away. Test flight seemed to go fine without any problems. I did notice that now my H3-3D has a low hum upon power up, but I can't tell any adverse effects. Also, the limit on descending speed has a different feel. I'm guessing it's because I descend rather quickly, but I come down in angles and don't have prop guards, so the vortex thing has really been a concern.

However, take a look at this thread on rcgroups...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 0&page=730

Specifically, cowboycctx's posts regarding the update. He included a video of what happened. His problem might be unrelated to the update, but thought some might want to look and maybe offer their opinion of what happened.

All in all, no issues for me with the upgrade.

the slow-mo on that dude's video totally shows an incoming projectile wtf!!

edit: been running 3.02 for a bit now, everything is fine. the 2m/s descent rate leads to some long, slow boring descents from high altitude but whatevs. I just use Failsafe mode as autopilot now let it do most of the descent for me

I know what you mean. It seems every time I logon, there's a new horror story.

...but it made me think, why then did I drop all this loot for a paper weight? All these horror stories suck and do nothing to ease my mind when flying.

I've settled on a middle ground. **** will happen, no matter how much you prepare. However, if you follow the procedures, you mitigate your chances of a failure.

I flew 3.0 today, short flight in parking lot with lots of wind. It seemed to fly well and descend more gracefully with the H3-3D + gopro, etc. more testing to come.

It knackered my H3-3D gimbal. It's dead. The only action with the drone was to update the firmware.. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today I was planning in getting my futaba radio working with my phantom2, upon entering the assistant software it upgraded me to 3.2 without me asking it to do so and now when I power up my h3-3d freaks out a bit and twitches after initialization then drifts to the left for a bit before finally centering and appearing to be ok, i can't have a 5 minute startup process, any ideas what to do, I saw someone had downgraded but how do you do that? Should I try IMU calibration would that help?

John.

I did the 3.02 update. i'm using all the default settings except for the tilt gain which I set to 10 for slower tilts.
I noticed that no matter how many forward and backward runs I made, the Phantom keeps drifting to the left in forward and the right when flying backwards. It never flew straight. In the past, it would eventually get better the longer i flew but now it does not.

Seems like DJI does not fully test any of their updates before releasing them. They probably do a little testing in China where their Magnetic Declination is not a factor.

Every update seems to make the Phantom fly worse.

Wilbo said:
John. Mine did exactly that. Then it gave up a few flights later. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkPJjkN8sM

Mine seems to have returned to normal behaviour, no idea why but it's stop the twitching on startup and doesn't look to be drifting anymore, I can't be 100% sure it fully normal but better than it was after the update. I'm still fuming that it went ahead and upgraded without asking me!!

Wilbo, did yours return to normal or continue twitching until it gave up?

John.

John, yes.. I think my mistake was reapplying the same firmware again (thinking that maybe the first time through was a partial update). Second time through did for it.

Also, when doing the update does everyone's gimbal freak out then make a horrendous noise before you need to powercycle?

John.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie