Firmware 3.02 Update

Updated today, calibrated the Transmitter, did a stick and switch check in Assistant, did a Basic IMU Calibration, went outside and did a Compass Calibration and then took off and flew for 14 minutes...

1. Yawing 360 degrees while holding position MUCH BETTER
2. Battery warnings at 30/15 work perfectly
3. Phantom auto-landed at about 13% battery remaining
4. Descents were smooth and calm
5. Overall a much improved Phantom

No problems at all, flying extremely well...no complaints!

3.2 all ok for me too

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Since I have a P2V I see no reason to do this upgrade.
I am already at 3.0 and the decent speed is already limited (I think)
And I always pull forward while descending. So I am very carful to avoid Vortex ring state.

Is there anything else 3.02 addressed that affects the P2V?

Steelej said:
Also, when doing the update does everyone's gimbal freak out then make a horrendous noise before you need to powercycle?

John.
Yes

My gimbal definitely not right since the upgrade, still furious it did it without asking :) after a few mins gimbal seems to be ok but started freaking out again after initialization then drifting a bit.

John.

I've noticed my Gimbal will point a little offset to the left. Could be tied into the whole compass/gps issue since the P2 has an issue not knowing which direction is headed straight ahead.

Xrover said:
I've noticed my Gimbal will point a little offset to the left. Could be tied into the whole compass/gps issue since the P2 has an issue not knowing which direction is headed straight ahead.

I have a similar problem - My H3-D2 gimbal tilts slightly to the left. A DJI tech said it could be corrected with a firmware upgrade, but until I hear of a better success rate, I'm hesitant to upgrade to V3.02. I would, however, upgrade to V3.00, if anyone knows how I can do that without upgrading to V3.02.

Until then, I will continue to fly with a slight left tilt in my GoPro and a reasonable decent rate.

Steve

I'm currently sitting at 3.2, however the assistant software says that the latest version is 3.02... wouldn't that be a downgrade? Or does DJI not like to follow the standard number assignment?

*confused*

backcountrymedic said:
I'm currently sitting at 3.2, however the assistant software says that the latest version is 3.02... wouldn't that be a downgrade? Or does DJI not like to follow the standard number assignment?

*confused*
Not sure which Phantom you have but there isn't a 3.2 revision. The latest is 3.02.

Been running 3.02 for the last 6 flights. Working well here and no issues so far.

bernardb said:
Updated today, calibrated the Transmitter, did a stick and switch check in Assistant, did a Basic IMU Calibration, went outside and did a Compass Calibration and then took off and flew for 14 minutes...

1. Yawing 360 degrees while holding position MUCH BETTER
2. Battery warnings at 30/15 work perfectly
3. Phantom auto-landed at about 13% battery remaining
4. Descents were smooth and calm
5. Overall a much improved Phantom

No problems at all, flying extremely well...no complaints!

I would be very interested what your gain settings are. I've updated but not flown it yet due to rain!! I'm interested in point 1 as mine drifts a bit when yawing and an improvement in that would be brilliant.

My gain settings are the default settings. When I say default I mean the values that the default button puts in not the ones that are visible at first start up from the factory which for some reason are very very different.

All my gains are the default.

bernardb said:

Default as in the default values when you press the reset to default button or the default values as shipped. There is a big difference.

3.02 here for about 10 days. Everything A OK. I'm using default settings for everything except gimbal tilt, I have mine at 3.

I did my firmware upgrade. Calibrated the remote with the P2, but my CL and HL keys on the remote both function the same way. When I switch to HL mode on the remote, the aircraft doesn't come back to me (home point). It instead keeps going forward in both CL and HL options. Anyone else have this issue?

s1seifert said:
Xrover said:

I have a similar problem - My H3-D2 gimbal tilts slightly to the left. A DJI tech said it could be corrected with a firmware upgrade, but until I hear of a better success rate, I'm hesitant to upgrade to V3.02. I would, however, upgrade to V3.00, if anyone knows how I can do that without upgrading to V3.02.

Until then, I will continue to fly with a slight left tilt in my GoPro and a reasonable decent rate.

Steve

upon inspection, mine is also now pointing left a little bit......let me know if you guys hear of any fix for this.

Thanks! Dave

xgeek said:
bernardb said:

Default as in the default values when you press the reset to default button or the default values as shipped. There is a big difference.
Default values as shipped.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub