Flight altitude & distance limits

Reaction score
My P3S does not seem to be able to let me fly further than 150' & 100' in altitude despite my changing these upward in MC settings in the latest DJI Go app...please help!

If you're running the latest firmware, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and a distance of 50 meters (164 feet) when not logged into the DJI GO app. That's mentioned in the Phantom release notes here:

Firmware.jpg

This change is explained in great detail in this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you're already logged into DJI GO, log out and back in again. You can log out in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Login-How-To-Logout.jpg

Once logged back in again, your login information will be stored locally on your mobile device and you should be able to fly without restriction (even when disconnected from the Internet). If you find that not to be the case, then uninstall DJI GO and reinstall the current version.

FYI, there is currently a known issue in DJI GO that reapplies these restrictions after switching to a new battery without restarting DJI GO. To work around this issue, you'll need to shut down DJI GO, swap batteries, and start DJI GO again.

Note: If you're using a newer version of DJI GO with an older version of the Phantom firmware, DJI GO will pop up a message saying your altitude/distance is going to be restricted (even though it's not really restricted when you fly). To remove that message, you'll either need to upgrade the Phantom firmware or downgrade DJI GO.

Last edited:
Are you running the current firmware? If so, you need to be logged into DJI GO in order to lift those restrictions.

This video explains those changes in more detail:

If you're already logged into DJI GO, log out and back in again. You can log out in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 85466

If that does not resolve the issue, then uninstall DJI GO and reinstall it.

Thank you, all for these clarifying questions and suggestions which I'm currently undertaking.

I have two P3S. I took one up to around 950'. I still have the distance limit set at 1500'.

@a4mer49er
Is this a new problem?, It used to work better.

Rod

New problem after 100+ flights. Still topping out at 100' altitude & 150' mission distance in simulator
Thank you, all for these clarifying questions and suggestions which I'm currently undertaking.
How much of this Mavic Pro is pertinent to my attempting to institute changes to my Phantom 3 Standard?

Did you sign into your djj account to unlock the restrictions ?
I've flown this P3S ~25 times since updating firmware, flown higher/further than the 100' altitude/150' mission distance restrictions. My MC Settings show that my mission height to be 500M & no mission distance/maximum flight distance limits.

Reactions: Ranger153
New problem after 100+ flights. Still topping out at 100' altitude & 150' mission distance in simulator

How much of this Mavic Pro is pertinent to my attempting to institute changes to my Phantom 3 Standard?
Hum, why are you asking about the Mavic Pro?

Sorry, I have never used the the simulator.

"I've flown this P3S ~25 times since updating firmware, flown higher/further than the 100' altitude/150' mission distance restrictions."
You have flown ~25 times with it working correctly, or ~25 times with it not working. Meaning this problem started with a firmware update?
Are you getting a message in the app?

Rod

Reactions: Minstrelred
Are you running the current firmware? If so, you need to be logged into DJI GO in order to lift those restrictions.

This video explains those changes in more detail:

View attachment 85466

If that does not resolve the issue, then uninstall DJI GO and reinstall it.

Hi Msinger
Sorry if this has been asked, maybe Im a bit thick,,! Do you have to have a wifi connection and log into DJI, every time before you fly, because sometimes the app forces me to login to remove restrictions, and sometimes it does not, and there is no problem...? what is the true story :confused: doh... help please.
Waylander

If your having to log in to DJI, like your registering (enter your email, etc). Then no.
Once your registered, you don't even need the app to actually fly, what do you got going?

Rod

Do you have to have a wifi connection and log into DJI, every time before you fly
After you're logged in, you should not have to login again (unless you log out or reinstall DJI GO).

My P3S does not seem to be able to let me fly further than 150' & 100' in altitude despite my changing these upward in MC settings in the latest DJI Go app...please help!
You probably have the "Beginner Mode" enabled. Check for it on the same place where you set the height and distance limits. The beginner mode won't let you go very high or far.

Hi Msinger
Sorry if this has been asked, maybe Im a bit thick,,! Do you have to have a wifi connection and log into DJI, every time before you fly, because sometimes the app forces me to login to remove restrictions, and sometimes it does not, and there is no problem...? what is the true story :confused: doh... help please.
Waylander
You have to have the wifi connected or the drone won't fly. but you don't have to log in - I have never logged in just to fly. When you have the controller and drone turned on, your ipad connected to wifi and then you go to the DJI GO app, you should just be able to go to CAMERA and fly.
I don't know why you are having this problem, except maybe do you have the latest firmware installed?

It is the new update. DJI will let you fly where they say it is OK. It is not your Phantom any longer. It became their's again when you did the update.

I believe it...Last weekend I was flying my P4Pro+ over water...launching from a boat. The boat was stopped, but drifting; therefore moving away from the home point. I launched successfully then started to ascend. I quickly received the "maximum altitude reached" at 100'. Because we drifted more than 150' I could not bring it back to the boat. We eventually turned the boat around (sailboats are not as agile) and landed safely.

I rebooted the aircraft and remote control and everything returned to normal. I had this happen to me once before. Seems totally random. Not a big deal on land, but definitely something you don't need over water!

This is a bug. I did not have beginner mode on. And because it's the Plus version, I have no choice but to run DJi Go.

Reactions: keyguitar99
Great point. So your homepoint moved and the program locked you out and limited your distance and height. Do I have that right? It makes sense and this is a disaster in the making!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic