Flight altitude & distance limits

I believe it...Last weekend I was flying my P4Pro+ over water...launching from a boat. The boat was stopped, but drifting; therefore moving away from the home point. I launched successfully then started to ascend. I quickly received the "maximum altitude reached" at 100'. Because we drifted more than 150' I could not bring it back to the boat. We eventually turned the boat around (sailboats are not as agile) and landed safely.

I rebooted the aircraft and remote control and everything returned to normal. I had this happen to me once before. Seems totally random. Not a big deal on land, but definitely something you don't need over water!

This is a bug. I did not have beginner mode on. And because it's the Plus version, I have no choice but to run DJi Go.
How specifically did you reboot the aircraft and RC? Please advise. I am having the same problem and this happened to me on a boat this weekend. I can't seem to remove the limits even when I am in space where the GEO tells me it's safe to fly with no restrictions.

Reactions: Uncle Stumpy
How specifically did you reboot the aircraft and RC? Please advise. I am having the same problem and this happened to me on a boat this weekend. I can't seem to remove the limits even when I am in space where the GEO tells me it's safe to fly with no restrictions.
I would like to know this too!

Not positive but I would think that he means he rebooted everything after he recovered the Phantom and then it was fine again.

Sorry to keep posting here on this topic, but I've seen nothing that helps with breaking out of the flight limits, even in safe zones. When I select a zone where I plan on flying, it tells me that no authorization is required and when I try to fly in that zone, the limits are still in check. If anyone has an answer, I'd love to hear it.

Well let me join the party of distance problems. I too have had nothing but bad flights since these last updates with my P3S. I just got through flying and 5 times I got "LANDING" notice and the bird started landing at 150' altitude and 100' distance away. I'm logged in and no I am not in beginner mode. I have many many flights with this drone and it's been nothing but good times till these last updates and this log in situation. I keep losing my wifi connection and I can't keep maps on my iPad but can my iPhone. I've even had the bird 100' high right over me and it wanted to land. Yes I had my antennas correct for overhead. Today I flew 1700' feet away at 200' altitude at the beginning of a flight and then it initiated RTH. After that is started wanting to land over and over very close to me. It's done that the last several times I have flown. SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG!!!

Last edited:
I shouldn't be locked out just because the home point moved. You can quickly update the home point in the Go app. In this instance I think the lock would have happened regardless. It happened again last weekend on the ground. I returned the aircraft to the ground and powered down and back up. Problem went away.

But yes, that could have been disastrous.

Reactions: Dan Lee
Sorry to keep posting here on this topic, but I've seen nothing that helps with breaking out of the flight limits, even in safe zones. When I select a zone where I plan on flying, it tells me that no authorization is required and when I try to fly in that zone, the limits are still in check. If anyone has an answer, I'd love to hear it.

Try logging into your DJI Account via an Internet connection at your flying location.

I shouldn't be locked out just because the home point moved. You can quickly update the home point in the Go app. In this instance I think the lock would have happened regardless. It happened again last weekend on the ground. I returned the aircraft to the ground and powered down and back up. Problem went away.

But yes, that could have been disastrous.

Did you power down the A/C , RM, & Go App?

I did and nothing changed. What should I expect to see differently from doing this?

Supposedly by logging into your DJI Account the limits will be lifted. I am not sure as to how this is supposed to happen due to my not upgrading to avoid this grief and nonsense from DJI.

Well let me join the party of distance problems. I too have had nothing but bad flights since these last updates with my P3S. I just got through flying and 5 times I got "LANDING" notice and the bird started landing at 150' altitude and 100' distance away. I'm logged in and no I am not in beginner mode. I have many many flights with this drone and it's been nothing but good times till these last updates and this log in situation. I keep losing my wifi connection and I can't keep maps on my iPad but can my iPhone. I've even had the bird 100' high right over me and it wanted to land. Yes I had my antennas correct for overhead. Today I flew 1700' feet away at 200' altitude at the beginning of a flight and then it initiated RTH. After that is started wanting to land over and over very close to me. It's done that the last several times I have flown. SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG!!!
If you were able to fly so high and so far away yesterday then I don't think your issue is the new restriction of a 100 ft up and 150 ft away. However, it does sound like the last firmware update screwed up somehow. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app. Let us know how you make out. I just found this thread and I was also restricted by the 100 foot and 150ft thing. I'm at work now and can't wait to go home and try logging into the app on my tablet. I'm hoping that fixes my issue. Good luck to you!

If you were able to fly so high and so far away yesterday then I don't think your issue is the new restriction of a 100 ft up and 150 ft away. However, it does sound like the last firmware update screwed up somehow. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app. Let us know how you make out. I just found this thread and I was also restricted by the 100 foot and 150ft thing. I'm at work now and can't wait to go home and try logging into the app on my tablet. I'm hoping that fixes my issue. Good luck to you!

I have deleted out the app and reinstalled it several times and I still get the same thing. I might a good flight at first but then it starts with short flights and wanting to land over and over. I don't always get that first good flight. This latest Go App has problems.

Supposedly by logging into your DJI Account the limits will be lifted. I am not sure as to how this is supposed to happen due to my not upgrading to avoid this grief and nonsense from DJI.
Still doesn't work. Logged into the account in flight mode through an internet connection and even in a safe zone, all restrictions remain. Anyone else having this same problem?

I have deleted out the app and reinstalled it several times and I still get the same thing. I might a good flight at first but then it starts with short flights and wanting to land over and over. I don't always get that first good flight. This latest Go App has problems.

i tried Litchie once and didn't get good results but that could have been location. Never flew this location. It was out in the countryside but there were some transmission power lines nearby. I didn't think I was close enough to cause a problem but I might have been. I'm going to try Litchi where I've flown before. If Litchi acts up that would indicate FW. Thanks and I hope you have better luck with your problem. My personal belief is DJI is in paranoid mode and throttling everyone. JMO.

For those interested, I was able to get the restrictions removed. Not sure what DJI support did, but I sent them my issue with my SN# and a screen shot of the area that I was having issues. This is their response:
8d2a89766cc820d4573b0dd0a419aaa3

Becky (Support)

7月28日 18:45 CST

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
Please log in your DJI account before flying.

If it still have this problem, please uninstall and reinstall this APP to see it is still have this problem.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Flysafe Team丨安全飞行团队
Enjoy Flying, Safely
More safe flying tips at DJI - Fly Safe

I tried and it worked. Email [email protected]. Response was within 24 hours.

I did the firmware upgrade on my Phantom 3 Standard on Thursday. Flew it today for the first time and was greeted with flight restrictions, about 168 ft laterally, and about 80 feet altitude. Thought I was in beginner mode. I wasn't. Thought I might be in some no fly zone, (which puzzled me because I knew I wasn't). I discovered that I needed to be logged into my DJI account on the app in order for the flight restrictions to be lifted.

BUT I WAS LOGGED IN!!

So, following some advice further up the thread, I uninstalled the DJI GO app and reinstalled it again. Logged into my account on the app, and VOILA! Restrictions were lifted! I am now able to fly as far and as high as I used to be able to fly. YAY and thanks to this group for sharing their experiences. Very helpful.

Reactions: kobrien and Dan Lee
I did the firmware upgrade on my Phantom 3 Standard on Thursday. Flew it today for the first time and was greeted with flight restrictions, about 168 ft laterally, and about 80 feet altitude. Thought I was in beginner mode. I wasn't. Thought I might be in some no fly zone, (which puzzled me because I knew I wasn't). I discovered that I needed to be logged into my DJI account on the app in order for the flight restrictions to be lifted.

BUT I WAS LOGGED IN!!

So, following some advice further up the thread, I uninstalled the DJI GO app and reinstalled it again. Logged into my account on the app, and VOILA! Restrictions were lifted! I am now able to fly as far and as high as I used to be able to fly. YAY and thanks to this group for sharing their experiences. Very helpful.

Yes, for whatever reason, you have to log back in each time you fly. Whatever...

Me too......tried to fly a waypoint flight using Lichi instead of Go Advanced last night flight restrictions enabled themself? So, after I landed....I restarted everything and flew using DJI go......restrictions still on???HUMMMM? So this morning (because my table doesn't have a phone in it) I went back into the app and in the "me" tab (lower right corner) I was able to sync my numerous flights....
Too rainy to test today (it's "Alaska" outside) but I hope that does the trick. I have a real mission to fly soon and these restrictions just won't do?? Question is: By re-sync'ing will this remove those or what else should I do. My S5 is not a great alternative to my Dell 10" tablet

Still doesn't work. Logged into the account in flight mode through an internet connection and even in a safe zone, all restrictions remain. Anyone else having this same problem?
yep me too.
I'm logged in all the time, but... seems I'm restricted too.

I re-installed everything now, still have to try it out , but sadly I cannot fly here at home (near airport), so have to drive a bit till I'm out of the restricted zone... I think it started with me when I got a compass error (which has been fixed by DJI), and the app started to notify a lot of messages at once, ... errors, updates ... I cancelled them then (since I was in the field with limited internet access), but... I never got a 'are you agree with ...' message afterwoulds, it... just keeps limiting it..

Kinda annoying that DJI didn't make a warning somewhere, to tell you that your craft is limited/restricted, and that you have to find that out when you are in the air. I still can change the distance limits, so I raised that to the max, but still it's restricted, which is odd (bug), since... If my craft is restricted some how, why can I still change the distances??? that clearly is a software bug!!

I was very satisfied with the speed DJI fixed my compass sensors, and did that under warranty so was free., but this restriction firmware thingy is a big mistake of DJI, since it can fault your craft for no good reason.... Besides, DJI should limit the amount of warnings, since... man, are they annoying. 'high winds, be carefull' duh, as if I suddenly realise ... oeh, it's windy! ... I wish they could make an option for that, since, I , like most, will ignore warnings after a while, since there are so many ... that you miss perhaps the important onces!

I like DJI Phantom 4 but if this is keep pop'ing up all the time, I might consider a different brand, which doesn't have all those limitations.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj