Flight altitude & distance limits

The signing into DJI Go has not worked for me. I’ve done all the steps in the video everyone keeps referring to. I’ve deleted the app, reinstalled, signed out, signed in, retried all these, updated software, downgraded software to no avail. I’m on hold to maybe wait for a new update that will help some.

If you're running the latest firmware, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and a distance of 50 meters (164 feet) when not logged into the DJI GO app. That's mentioned in the Phantom release notes here:

View attachment 85733

This change is explained in great detail in this video:

If you're already logged into DJI GO, log out and back in again. You can log out in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 85466

Once logged back in again, your login information will be stored locally on your mobile device and you should be able to fly without restriction (even when disconnected from the Internet). If you find that not to be the case, then uninstall DJI GO and reinstall the current version.

FYI, there is currently a known issue in DJI GO that reapplies these restrictions after switching to a new battery without restarting DJI GO. To work around this issue, you'll need to shut down DJI GO, swap batteries, and start DJI GO again.

Note: If you're using a newer version of DJI GO with an older version of the Phantom firmware, DJI GO will pop up a message saying your altitude/distance is going to be restricted (even though it's not really restricted when you fly). To remove that message, you'll either need to upgrade the Phantom firmware or downgrade DJI GO.
When updating my ios tablet it changed the app auto update setting and Dji Go updated. I'm avoiding the firmware update. Any info on where I can find the previous Dji Go app?

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for some help. I haven't flown my P3 Standard in quite a while. I charged everything up, it had a firmware update, everything seemed fine. I launched it yesterday and it gave a warning of maximum altitude reached at about 98'. I flew it out and it gave the same warning for maximum distance. I have been reading all the posts I can find on the problem and have tried everything described above. I logged out of the app and logged back in. In MC, I made sure it is not on beginner mode. The maximum altitude is set at 120 meters and the maximum distance setting is disabled. I was going to try the last thing I could find to do, delete and reinstall the DJI Go app. I have 3.1.5 installed and I searched Google Play for the app specifically for the P3 Standard. I have been unable to find anything anywhere to download. Ideas?

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for some help. I haven't flown my P3 Standard in quite a while. I charged everything up, it had a firmware update, everything seemed fine. I launched it yesterday and it gave a warning of maximum altitude reached at about 98'. I flew it out and it gave the same warning for maximum distance. I have been reading all the posts I can find on the problem and have tried everything described above. I logged out of the app and logged back in. In MC, I made sure it is not on beginner mode. The maximum altitude is set at 120 meters and the maximum distance setting is disabled. I was going to try the last thing I could find to do, delete and reinstall the DJI Go app. I have 3.1.5 installed and I searched Google Play for the app specifically for the P3 Standard. I have been unable to find anything anywhere to download. Ideas?
Did you actually log out of the app and not just closed it and opened it again? Asking because so many people have said they logged out and in but they didn't actually log out they only closed the app.

Here's one from a few days ago:

Reactions: JoBe
Yes, logged out completely. Had to connect my tablet to internet through wi fi and logged in again.

I uninstalled the DJI Go app and reinstalled with the download from the DJI website. It shows to be the same version as I had but gave it a go anyway. Went through the whole setup including having to sign in to my account, even though I hadn't logged out before uninstalling. I gave it another try and lo and behold, it flew right past the altitude and distance limits with no problem. Whether it will do it next time is anybody's guess.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20