Flashing Yellow/DISCONNECTED

Reaction score
Hello All. Happy New Year. New to this forum. DJI User since Model 2 Phantom 2013.

Have a Phantom 3 Pro currently in CA for engine failure repair.

Bought a used Phantom 3 Advanced.
After an engine start up and hover test flight with previous owner I brought it home.

Uprgraded Controller, then upgraded firmware on aircraft to 10.0090 and now showing DISCONNECTED on screen. Flashing Yellow with Solid RED. Gimbal Disconnected.

Multiple tries to reinstall software.
Multiple tries to reconnect RC.

Conspiracy Theory: New Software Update is actually a sabotage to make you buy Mavic......

WTF. Help. Please advase.

Downgrade everything to the previous firmware. I've heard that works for a problem like yours. I never upgrade from a good working firmware to the next version. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, so to speak! DJI needs to get their act together.

Downgrade everything to the previous firmware. I've heard that works for a problem like yours. I never upgrade from a good working firmware to the next version. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, so to speak! DJI needs to get their act together.

I downgraded controller to previous firmware and everything (flight control, take off, IMU, flight cntrol) came back EXCEPT GIMBAL.

Gimbal is still disconnected. No Image Transmission Signal. This leads me to believe why none of the firmware updates via the SD card are working because there is no connection of gimbal or camera or SD card to main board.

I disassembled gimbal from aircraft and detached and reattached all connections, even opened up body and made sure gimbal wiring was connected. Reassembled all and still the same.

Gimbal Disconnected. No Image Transmission Signal.
Don't have time for this. Another completely wasted day.

One last thing then. Do you know if this "used" phantom was crashed before you bought it? Did you fly it before you upgraded everything? In other words, did everything work ok before you bought it? Your post says you did a test flight with a hover before you bought it. Did you notice at that time if the camera and gimbal worked?

It could be the flexible ribbon cable. (especially if it was previously crashed). Talk to the seller and see if he'll tell you if it ever crashed, or if it already had the problem when he sold it to you. If the price was "too good to be true" then chances are you bought it with the problem in which case your next step is to replace the flexible ribbon cable with a "Genuine DJI" ribbon. Don't fall for the cheap 3rd party ribbons that say they are for the Phantom. Make sure you order a genuine OEM ribbon from DJI. They cost more, but trust me it's worth it.

Take care when installing the new ribbon. It's straight forward and simple, but not easy. Be sure the ribbon is stuck down in the proper position(s) because if it is off location a bit, the camera could get stuck on it when doing it's dance. There is very little clearance between the ribbon and the camera in some places, and the camera motors aren't very powerful.

I know it sucks when you have an issue like this. It seems like you try everything and nothing works. Then you order parts and have to wait for them to arrive. I've been there, done that. Before you give up, get as much information from the seller as you can about it's pre-sale condition. Before you give up and send it in, replace that ribbon cable on the camera/gimbal.

intersting i seem t0 have this exact same issue and can't seem to find what the issue is either. mine seem to happen after the most recent update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj