Phantom 3 advanced rear lights

Reaction score
Hi guys , feel abit silly but it’s better being safe than sorry , iv been fly my new Drone for around a month now without any issues at all until the other day when I noticed that when flying I only had one of the two rear lights flashing green , the other light wasn’t lit up at all , iv looked into this online but can’t really find a clear answer , iv watched loads of YouTube videos and most drones have two green lights lit up at the rear , is this an issue or is it normal ? I’m flying a phantom 3 advanced and I’m based in the uk ,,, any help would be great as I’m not flying her until I’m 100 percent it’s safe to fly ,, cheers guys

You have a tail light out. Fix it before you get pulled over.
I thought possibly the light was faulty but when then Drone it’s turned on and goes through it’s first checks , the light in question flashes green / yellow then goes out ?

Reactions: thinglenn40
I think there is a setting that turns of the red leds.....
Hi mate , thanks for the reply but I’m talking about the rear lights that flash red/yellow/green ,,, I’m not talking about the front red lights , they are on as normal ,,

I've got the same thing on my P2V+. One tail light out. No idea why. Everything else works great. Flies great. Mystery to me (literally, not the Fleetwood Mac album).

I thought possibly the light was faulty but when then Drone it’s turned on and goes through it’s first checks , the light in question flashes green / yellow then goes out ?
Now that IS odd, in that you would ASSume they were just wired together. So It works, and must be turned off in the software/firmware somewhere. Wow, new one on me. BTW I have had the P3A for going on two years now, wish I could help, but no clue.

Reactions: Lonewolf
Per your description it is definitely not a tail lamp issue. It’s a mystery. Looks like as if due to heat, something opens up.

Last edited:
It is a bad LED board. It happens. They are cheap to replace.

Ok Iv just looked at the online phantom 3 advanced manual and it has a chart on page 12 which shows the light sequences and there meaning for the rear lights and in the normal section it says “” green flashing x2 — normal safe to fly and green flashing —- normal safe to fly ??
To me is this saying one green flashing is normal and two green flashing is normal ??

Man I’more confused then ever , it seems to me that in the manual it’s saying that it can flash only one green rear light and it’s safe to fly ? Can’t see how there is some kind of fault with lights or a bad led board as when the Drone is anitional turned on it does all its safety checks and all the colours work fine in the rear lights including the green ? Is she safe to fly or not ? Can’t wait to get it flying again but confused ?

Man I’more confused then ever , it seems to me that in the manual it’s saying that it can flash only one green rear light and it’s safe to fly ? Can’t see how there is some kind of fault with lights or a bad led board as when the Drone is anitional turned on it does all its safety checks and all the colours work fine in the rear lights including the green ? Is she safe to fly or not ? Can’t wait to get it flying again but confused ?
I haven't found that in the manual and I don't think I would fly until I was sure all was OK.

It is puzzling, but I would also hazard a guess that it's some sort of intermittent bad connection or component, as suggested in post #9. No guarantees, of course - but changing out the defective led and board would either prove or disprove the theory. Or you could swap the LEDs and boards over and see if the fault moves. If a new one doesn't sort it out then you'll have to think on.

As stated, they're cheap enough. I've found this one for delivery from the UK.

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced - LED (Part 102) | eBay

(I think the manual is talking about each LED on each arm).

thumbnail_IMG_1347.jpg

matwom - be assured there is no such thing as one rear wing lit up and the other rear wing dark. If you see that on your AC, something is wrong somewhere.

As far as the x2 on the lamps, they're describing flashes.

.....FLASH...... FLASH......FLASH..... that's a single flash (or a slow flash)

.....FLASH-FLASH....... FLASH-FLASH......... FLASH-FLASH........ that's a double flash or a flash x2

Notice in first case you have GPS and with the 2X flash you don’t.

Both rear lights should be flashing when the quad is powered up if, all normal criteria are met i.e., battery charged, GPS signal, etc. otherwise they will be yellow or red.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4