flashing red lights and no camera connection, troubleshooting?

Reaction score
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I've unexpectedly encountered. I used the P3P successfully less than a month ago. At the time all firmware was up to date. I put it back in it's case and that was that.

I'm off on a shoot on monday so yesterday I got the thing out to remove the battery (to carry on as handlugage) and I thought I'd do a quick flight to check that all was well. It wasn't.

So I checked everythign had lots of charge, then turned on the controller, ipad and app and then the P3P. The App connects to the P3P which initially starts normally with green flashing light on camera but then I can't open the camera view in the app and the camera on the P3P starts flashing red and I get the beeps - as you do when you upgrade the firmware.

I see that new updates have been released more recently but surely not upgrading doesn't ground the phantom? The only other issue I can guess at is that it's the battery as a colleague in the states was saying recently that I should de-charge the battery if it's in storage, but when i check the battery lights most of them light up fine.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

forgot to say that the app then crashes, when it can't connect to the camera. I've checked that the app is up to date too.

Is it trying to update the firmware? ie, is there a .bin file on the card?

Is it trying to update the firmware? ie, is there a .bin file on the card?
There probably is. Will check and report back. However, I think when i first started it up I didn' have a microsd inserted. Thanks

I had a similar problem and tried everything. Last deal was to delete and re-install DJI Go app. When you fire up the new app if it asks you to go through a safety tutorial - do it. Not sure it makes a difference but on of the steps in the tutorial asks you to agree to the rules which may? make a difference. KBW

Yes, I seem to have come to the same conclusion. I've reinstalled everything and updated all the firmware and it seems to be functioning properly, too windy for a test flight just now but hopefully I'll get the chance before I fly out Monday. Updating took several tries and eventually got there after an hour of updating.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20