P3 Firmware Firmware V01.08.0080 connectivity issues

Reaction score
So the winter is over (yes, did some flights over winter as well) and it is the time to clean the dust from my P3A and have some fun, so started with FW update.

Few days ago DJI announced new Firmware - V01.08.0080, so I did the upgrade and now I am facing very annoying issues:
1) sometimes, during aircraft warm-up I simply lost data from RC to Phone, so, RC is still connected to P3A, but there is no video and other data on the scree;
- restarting app rarely helps, but the problem shows again afterwards anyway;
2) today faced the same issue mid-air, so it delivers a risk not to ever loose eye-contact with your drone at all;

Important notes:
- reseting linking between RC and drone sometimes helps;
- connectivity is never lost RC <-> P3A, just mobile <-> RC;
- tried different cable;

Anyone else experiencing something similar, is the only option downgrade - had some aircraft stability issues with previous versions while in P mode.

Meanwhile, hopefully someone have had the same experience and found a solution, don't keep it to yourself then. In parallel, I will try few options before version downgrade:
- different device;
- yet another cable;
- I could find someone who could give me different RC;

EDIT:
- haven't yet done calibration after winter/fw upgrade but that usually causes different issues rather RC<->APP connectivity.

So the winter is over (yes, did some flights over winter as well) and it is the time to clean the dust from my P3A and have some fun, so started with FW update.

A Few days ago DJI announced new Firmware - V01.08.0080, so I did the upgrade and now I am facing very annoying issues:
1) sometimes, during aircraft warm-up I simply lost data from RC to Phone, so, RC is still connected to P3A, but there is no video and other data on the scree;
2) today faced the same issue mid-air, so it delivers a risk not to ever loose eye-contact with your drone at all;

Important notes:
- tried different cable;

Anyone else experiencing something similar, is the only option downgrade - had some aircraft stability issues with previous versions while in P mode.

Meanwhile, hopefully someone have had the same experience and found a solution, don't keep it to yourself then. In parallel, I will try few options before version downgrade:
- different device;
- yet another cable;

EDIT:
- haven't yet done calibration after winter/fw upgrade but that usually causes different issues rather RC<->APP connectivity.
yes i've had connectivity issues as well. however, my issues have not been as bad as yours, but there are a lot more connectivity issues with 1.8 than 1.7. i lose video signal and signal to the p3 repeatedly. i want to downgrade but how do you do it.

so do i have to downgrade all three things?
  1. downgrade the p3 from 1.8 to 1.7(how?)
  2. downgrade the remote control as well (how?)
  3. downgrade the dji go app as well?(how?)

Last edited:
Sorry but cannot find this anywhere can someone tell me with the current firmware my RC Controller should be on? This is what I got from DJI but do not see the version of the controller. I am current on the other two and my RC Controller shows 1.6.0 Also wondering why two updates in one month and what are the major problems, I have flown with update 1.7 and noticed some issues with compass on it. But did not fly yet with the new updates like to know if anyone experiencing problems with that also now.
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.8.80 2. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.2 I am current on those two but not sure of the controller my shows 1.6.0 is that right?

I'm using iOS and had to check the same thing today. The current setup seem to be:

App 2.7.2
Aircraft V01.08.0080
RC 1.6.0

Could someone share P3 Standard latest firmware? For some odd reason I can only get to 1.03~

Yes... Myself and another friend of mine are having some of the same issues... cannot connect RC controller to my phone (Samsung Note 5) Android device. I CAN connect to my IOS, IPad 2 mini but the video feed keeps breaking up. And that is happening just sitting in the house haven’t flown a test flight yet. Will keep you posted when or if I find a fix…

Few days ago DJI announced new Firmware - V01.08.0080, so I did the upgrade and now I am facing very annoying issues:

Important notes:
- tried different cable;

- different device;
- yet another cable;

EDIT:

Today I had issues where it kept disconnecting the tablet (using a Nexus 7) during warmup as well. I had booted up the Nexus with the USB cable plugged into it, which I'd never done before. It would stay connected for maybe 5-10 seconds and then drop. It was super annoying. If I killed the app and restarted it, same deal. I have no iOS device to test with.

I ended up removing the USB cable, rebooting the tablet, loading DJI Go manually and then plugged in the USB cable. Had no issues after that.

First time I'd ever had issues like this, but I'm a new owner so 1.08.0080 is the only version I know :\

Connection problem between Dji Firmware V01.08.0080 and Android device Resolved!
I think I may have found a solution to the connection problem for the Android devices, or at least it is working on my Galaxy Note 5 Phone, I haven’t tried a test flight yet to see if it stays connected, but I think it will… Here is the procedure:

The usual start-up:
1. Turn on controller,
2. turn on aircraft,
3. open-up Dji Go app (even though you can’t connect)
4. Pull down your home page menu
5. Click on “Connect for charging”
6. Click on “Software Installation”
7. Then the app will open and you will be connected!

This works, but the only thing is,… you have to go through procedure every time you turn everything on. I notified tech support for DJI and they are going to look into it and try to resolve this issue.

Good Luck Guy’s let me know how you make out….

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic