Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Deleted DJI GO app 2.7.1, downloaded 2.7.2 and updated my Phantom Advance and the RC without any issues. Bird flys great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

After the update, I took my bird out to fly in way too strong a wind. I was out in the middle of nowhere, so there was no danger, I just could not get it to fly home on my own. This was pilot error. To be safe, I hit RTH, and the Phantom came home and landed well in some pretty strong gusts.

My only issue is that my Nexus 6p will not connect to the RC since the update. My old HTC One M8 connected and worked great.

Does anyone on here use a Nexus 6p? If so, did you experience any issues after the update?

Can't say I'm thrilled after doing the latest update. I just took my bird out for a flight.

1) Gimbal horizon tilt/crookedness is worse than ever. It's significantly worse than it was before.

2) I definitely was losing signal closer in than I ever have before in a place where I fly often.

3) The bird just seemed "twitchier" than I'm used to, but that could just be me.

4) I kept getting the "Safe to fly non-GPS" warning despite the fact that I had 15+ sats the whole time.

5) The bird seemed to have trouble flying straight at times.

On a plus note, halfway through the flight, the video feed decided to fix itself and display in a 16:9 aspect ratio rather than compressing itself into 4:3 as it's been doing for a while. I also no longer have grid lines for some reason...

I'll try another IMU and gimbal cal but I'm not very happy with my flight today.

Can't say I'm thrilled after doing the latest update. I just took my bird out for a flight.

1) Gimbal horizon tilt/crookedness is worse than ever. It's significantly worse than it was before.

2) I definitely was losing signal closer in than I ever have before in a place where I fly often.

3) The bird just seemed "twitchier" than I'm used to, but that could just be me.

4) I kept getting the "Safe to fly non-GPS" warning despite the fact that I had 15+ sats the whole time.

On a plus note, halfway through the flight, the video feed decided to fix itself and display in a 16:9 aspect ratio rather than compressing itself into 4:3 as it's been doing for a while. I also no longer have grid lines for some reason...

I'll try another IMU and gimbal cal but I'm not very happy with my flight today.
You seem to have a serious trouble with your calibration or with Gimbal. This is not what others are reporting.

As you say do a perfect imu calibration on a flat surface and afterwards a gimbal autocalibration.

About the grid lines you can reactivate it through dji go app in camera settings.

Which was your firmware before this one?

I had been on whatever the last one was, 1.7. I did a careful calibration of both the IMU and gimbal after the update, but will of course do them again before my next flight. After watching my videos now, the gimbal tilt isn't as severe as it seemed in the field. I could just be being oversensitive about the whole flight.

After the update, I took my bird out to fly in way too strong a wind. I was out in the middle of nowhere, so there was no danger, I just could not get it to fly home on my own. This was pilot error. To be safe, I hit RTH, and the Phantom came home and landed well in some pretty strong gusts.

My only issue is that my Nexus 6p will not connect to the RC since the update. My old HTC One M8 connected and worked great.

Does anyone on here use a Nexus 6p? If so, did you experience any issues after the update?

good thing i saw your post. I use my nexus 6p as my primary and only device with the P3. I have not updated my FW yet. Good luck, i hope you make it work.
if you do end up resolving the issue please do post here or PM me. i would really appreciate it.
thanks

Well finally went for a spin after the updates and I have to say this was the best update so far. My P3P seemed to fly much better and what seemed a little more horsepower on GPS mode , more stable and best part the gimbal doesn't get irritated and rattle at times..range seems to be about the same but didn't push it
, more stable around high interference areas..didn't once get an issue with signal,warnings etc ..all around it flew much better.

Reactions: mikesmiley
Performed all the latest updates to bird, RC and DJI Go (Android) without issue. Need to get in the air on my next day off to see how she does...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Every time their is a update it scary, if I understand good, if you have a confirm RC firmware show in your RC it is safe to upgrade both with no problem . Could you fly without the upgrade? My RC 1.5.80 aircraft 1.7.0060. Thanks to all for expertise

No problem updating the bird, RC and app, but on my second flight, the following occurred:
- Got a "Update Required" in the DJI Go app, ignored this, because that couldn't be right. Pretty sure I had the latest. Didn't get this on my first flight.
- After flying for I while i got the "No Signal" and video dropped. The "Would you like to RTH?" question also appeared. I was only about 300feet/100m away, so this can't be right.
-Aircraft warming up was also longer then previously. Yes, I'm aware of the cold IMU-calibration technique.

Anyone else with the No Signal issue after this firmware? Any suggestion to fix this? I have a new SD, Sandisk class 10 64 GB, could that be the issue?

Up until the last complete upgrade I never had a 'no signal' and video drop.
Since this upgrade (08.008 / 2.7.2. / 1.8.80 / 1.6.0) my video drops halfway a 'control route' I
do fly on a regular base.
I re-installed the DJI Go app. but that did not help.

Today, I have update my P3A from 1.4 to 1.8. All went without any problem.
First I update it to 1.5, then 1.6. Finally, I first update Phantom, then download latest DJI GO app to my Shield and last step was RC update. No problem at all!

When I update (september) my Phantom to 1.4, picture quality gets worse. Now with 1.8, picture quality is like it was in 1.18 firmware. Huge improvement!

Why did you not go straight from 1.4 to 1.8 ?
Be interested in comparison on pictures.
I find 1.4 to be excellent.

Why did you not go straight from 1.4 to 1.8 ?
Be interested in comparison on pictures.
I find 1.4 to be excellent.
I updated from 1.4 to 1.6 and i find the bird flying better and i feel safer without the suddenly power loss issue. I still have rc at 1.4.3 but I'll update to 1.5.8 before next flight.

Every time their is a update it scary, if I understand good, if you have a confirm RC firmware show in your RC it is safe to upgrade both with no problem . Could you fly without the upgrade? My RC 1.5.80 aircraft 1.7.0060. Thanks to all for expertise
Yes you need not upgrade and fly with the previous versions. Once you upgrade RC or A/C, you will have to upgrade the other.

No problem updating the bird, RC and app, but on my second flight, the following occurred:
- Got a "Update Required" in the DJI Go app, ignored this, because that couldn't be right. Pretty sure I had the latest. Didn't get this on my first flight.
- After flying for I while i got the "No Signal" and video dropped. The "Would you like to RTH?" question also appeared. I was only about 300feet/100m away, so this can't be right.
-Aircraft warming up was also longer then previously. Yes, I'm aware of the cold IMU-calibration technique.

Anyone else with the No Signal issue after this firmware? Any suggestion to fix this? I have a new SD, Sandisk class 10 64 GB, could that be the issue?
I have seen couple of reports complaining RC is loosing connection with P3. More needs to be investigated. I don't see such loss of signal so have no data to analyze.

Can you repeat your experiment at different location? Do you have auto channel selection? Which channel you pickup before flying?

I updated from 1.4 to 1.6 and i find the bird flying better and i feel safer without the suddenly power loss issue. I still have rc at 1.4.3 but I'll update to 1.5.8 before next flight.
I feel the same. Latest FW appears to be stable though some are complaining. We need to dig deeper.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT