Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Why would I have to uninstall the Go App that many times? I can understand the first time but especially why the last time? I'm still on the 1.7 FW so I'm not updating until I can see more successes with 1.8.
I don't uninstall the Go app at all and have done 5 firmware updates (including the latest one today ) now with no problems.

Reactions: CFoxtrot
I wont be updating. My Drone is fine as it is and I have no need to change anything at all. Why try and Fix something if it isn't broke?
The hard part is ignoring the constant UPDATE REQUIRED Message in dji Go.

I'm holding off until I hear how significant the improvements are. My P3A flys just fine on:
AC 1.6.40
RC 1.5.70
GO 2.4.3
iOS 9.3.0
So far there have been a few reports that it seems more stable with the 1.8.80 firmware but only a few test flights. If increased stability means I can use a longer shutter speed for night photography, I would be interested.

I'm holding off until I hear how significant the improvements are. My P3A flys just fine on:
AC 1.6.40
RC 1.5.70
GO 2.4.3
iOS 9.3.0
So far there have been a few reports that it seems more stable with the 1.8.80 firmware but only a few test flights. If increased stability means I can use a longer shutter speed for night photography, I would be interested.

Consider also that as far as i remember bird firmware version 1.6.4 is the last one without NFZ. It has also the fix for the sudden power lost on batteries with the bird landing wherever it is or falling down from the sky.

1.7 did not firmware lock 3rd party batteries, (i.e. it was locked via the APP 2.7) Now 1.8 firmware locks 3rd party batteries and will not even let you fly in litchi which bypassed things last time. Basically if you use 3rd party batteries DO NOT update to 1.8.

Any one want to buy a third party battery ;-( cannot find any way to downgrade to 1.7 on the bird an to RC

I don't uninstall the Go app at all and have done 5 firmware updates (including the latest one today ) now with no problems.

Go App is the central application that interact with DJI servers, RC and AC thru RC. We need to thus ensure that Go App is kept clean.

There is absolutely no need to uninstall DJI go app after FW updates. But if some one wants to delete and reinstall DJI go app, it's personal choice to keep app clean this way.

Hello, I read all the posts and I am a bit confused. There seem to be several methods (sequences) executed here on how to do the update to 1.08. Could someone point (or post) to a sequence from DJI that we, who have not updated yet, should follow, please? Or at least, a method that many have followed and had success.
Thank you very much!

It is Christmas everyday that I am flying!
Make absolutely sure the P3 is updated successfully before updating the RC. Check the text file after update. Then proceed with the RC.
That should do...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you do the update only from your rc?
What AC are you flying? I have a IPad Mini 4 and updated Go app but still got the remote signal lost...

My update to both AC & RC was done without a problem. (Using an iPad mini 2 wifi with iOS 8.4)[emoji4]

Oh yeah! I got maybe 1-3mph straight into it! Not for too long, maybe just a couple of minutes.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Would you mind sharing your .txt flight log file? I would like to see the flight characteristics during that part of the flight itself. Like to see how the battery functioned based on throttle input, ect. If so you can zip the file in a folder and attach here or in a PM same as if uploading a image.

Just got back from flying after the latest firmware update 1.8.80 ( 2 flights ,25 minutes , and 36,857 total mileage). Maybe it was me, or the weather, or the new update but she flew fantastic. No problem whatever, great signal throughout both flights max distance I went was 2810ft at 300ft alt., and 3058ft at 350ft alt. (did not want to push it to far being new firmware and that is about my LOS.). I know it only 2 flights but just wanted to let you know this was the first time I have flown the P3a and was totally comfortable with her response (after 50 flights). Can't wait to get the batteries recharged and get back out there.

Reactions: mikesmiley
Sorry for not responding sooner. Would you mind sharing your .txt flight log file? I would like to see the flight characteristics during that part of the flight itself. Like to see how the battery functioned based on throttle input, ect. If so you can zip the file in a folder and attach here or in a PM same as if uploading a image.
Sure, here ya go!

Attachments

• FlightRecords.zip
    260.2 KB · Views: 289
Just upgraded the AC to 1.8.80 from whatever came before 1.7.0060 (I never got a chance to apply 1.7). RC was off, txt file shows update was a success.

Connected the RC to my Ipad4 mini running DJI Go 2.7.1 and it's not showing that an update is available. RC connects to the AC and shows the camera image but says RC Signal Lost. I assume this is because I now don't have RC/AC versions in sync.

My RC was under 50% battery so just charging it in case that was the issue, I fear it's not.

If once it's charged I try again and it still doesn't come up with RC update available, do I have to do a manual update via USB?

Today, I have update my P3A from 1.4 to 1.8. All went without any problem.
First I update it to 1.5, then 1.6. Finally, I first update Phantom, then download latest DJI GO app to my Shield and last step was RC update. No problem at all!

When I update (september) my Phantom to 1.4, picture quality gets worse. Now with 1.8, picture quality is like it was in 1.18 firmware. Huge improvement!

Reactions: StevenQX
Just updated - No problems whatsoever. Worked first try. Going out to test it in flight it in a couple of hours.
Yah me too!! Not sure what the issues are with these updates as I have yet to have any sort of problem.... Is it a matter of people not following the basic instructions I wonder?

Today, I have update my P3A from 1.4 to 1.8. All went without any problem.
First I update it to 1.5, then 1.6. Finally, I first update Phantom, then download latest DJI GO app to my Shield and last step was RC update. No problem at all!

When I update (september) my Phantom to 1.4, picture quality gets worse. Now with 1.8, picture quality is like it was in 1.18 firmware. Huge improvement!

Hi FCP, do you please have some picture to share to show us what kind of improvment you talking about? Thanks

Just upgraded the AC to 1.8.80 from whatever came before 1.7.0060 (I never got a chance to apply 1.7). RC was off, txt file shows update was a success.

Connected the RC to my Ipad4 mini running DJI Go 2.7.1 and it's not showing that an update is available. RC connects to the AC and shows the camera image but says RC Signal Lost. I assume this is because I now don't have RC/AC versions in sync.

My RC was under 50% battery so just charging it in case that was the issue, I fear it's not.

If once it's charged I try again and it still doesn't come up with RC update available, do I have to do a manual update via USB?
You have to go to the DJI website and download the FW update zipped file to your computer and then unzip the file to "P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin".

What I do is keep one MSD card just with the latest FW, so I take that SD card and place the new bin file on the root level of the card also delete the old TXT file from the card.

Than insert the card in the P3 and turn it on, the update took me about 10 minutes, the DDDD,DDDD... sound and flashing light show it is updating, towards the end the lights went out for about a minute and then came back solid green with the D-DD,D-DD... sound in stead of DDDD... sound. This means it is done, turn off the batt and back on again and you are done. Now the RC will work fine with the P3.

This is pretty much how all updates work. You may have to update all your Lipos as well, use the same procedure for each Lipo.

This shows the log .TXT file after updates. The 3 after FW updates was me checking if Lipos needed updating, mine did not.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.04.09 14:57:05 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.04.09 14:57:53 =====================

It is easy once you get the routine down. The last batch of FW updates have all worked the same, and very smoothly at least for me. Actually I have never had a problem updating any FW, the only time I had a problem was with the GOapp and just removing and reinstalling the GOapp from my iPadmini2 that worked perfectly as well.

My P3P behaves perfectly after this update just like it dd after every other one. I think it works great for the majority of us and we only read the horror stories.

1.7 did not firmware lock 3rd party batteries, (i.e. it was locked via the APP 2.7) Now 1.8 firmware locks 3rd party batteries and will not even let you fly in litchi which bypassed things last time. Basically if you use 3rd party batteries DO NOT update to 1.8.

Any one want to buy a third party battery ;-( cannot find any way to downgrade to 1.7 on the bird an to RC
1.8 no longer lets you use Litchi?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl