Firmware Updates

Reaction score
All,

First, I want to introduce myself as a new PH4 owner. I'm not a total newbie, but this is my first higher end bird.

A couple of questions:

What is the best PH4 RC and drone firmware updates that you have used or recommend? Is there a consensus? Also if you have multiple batteries they need to have the firmware updated too? If not could this cause a flight reliability issue? To update multiple batteries do you follow the same firmware update procedure but just swap batteries and repeat the process multiple times?

Sorry if these answers were posted somewhere, I did some searching which still gave me open questions.

Thanks

Also if you have multiple batteries they need to have the firmware updated too? If not could this cause a flight reliability issue? To update multiple batteries do you follow the same firmware update procedure but just swap batteries and repeat the process multiple times?
You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.
That is a very good thread on the installation. Thanks a lot. Is the there a consensus on the firmware version for the RC and phantom to use, or is the recommendation to just go with the latest updates when they are pushed out. I just want to avoid issues right now and want to keep a basic, reliable flying platform.

Personally I have just updated the firmware as it is released. Sometimes I will wait a few days to see if there is any negative feedback before installing. Honestly I have never had any major issues with updates, maybe I have just been lucky.

Generally firmware upgrades contain improvements and bug fixes so you'd want to keep up to date.

But, if a firmware upgrade should introduce unexpected problems, you can easily revert back to the previous firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 program on your home computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj