P3 Firmware Firmware update with the new dji notice

Reaction score
Hello,

as you probably have seen DJI has a notice that says about the updated DJI go app and the mandatory log in. I'm ok with that but my question is that right now my P3P is on firmware 1.6.40 and haven't updated in a while due to the problems i kept hearing (from what i know things are ok now), will the new DJI go update coming this week, require the latest firmware on the P3? I'm going to update it on Sunday most likely but before that, i have a job for a client and i don't want to risk it with the update.. if let's say the update hits tomorrow will i have the limitations if i log in but i don't have the latest firmware? will it affect me if don't update the app until sunday?

P.S. I'm using the DJI go app on the Ipad Air 2 and haven't gotten the notice but my friends got it in the Android app and when i downloaded the Android app i got it as well

I am guessing they may have the same 30m / 60m limitation until you upgrade, again only speculation though. If you don't update the app you'll probably be fine.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I am guessing they may have the same 30m / 60m limitation until you upgrade, again only speculation though. If you don't update the app you'll probably be fine.

I have the latest DJI Go app and not the latest firmware.

I'm still able to fly as far as I want it seems.

Reactions: BoneThrower13
Communisst want to control you. I paid for my dji P3P it did not come with MANDATORY updates What if you a buy a car.. then a year down the road the manufacture says you must do a mandatory update before you can drive your car again. COMPLETE BULL SHT. I will NEVER buy another DJI product. They are Communists through and through. I too can not even fly my P3P ( years old) unless I do a Manditory sign in.. Fn.. tired of these control freaks.. I will look into G0 pro.. sure hope they reduce size and ad some more intelligent flight.. on the new model.
The Hero 5 Black camera is EXCELLENT. American Company too.

Communisst want to control you. I paid for my dji P3P it did not come with MANDATORY updates What if you a buy a car.. then a year down the road the manufacture says you must do a mandatory update before you can drive your car again. COMPLETE BULL SHT. I will NEVER buy another DJI product. They are Communists through and through. I too can not even fly my P3P ( years old) unless I do a Manditory sign in.. Fn.. tired of these control freaks.. I will look into G0 pro.. sure hope they reduce size and ad some more intelligent flight.. on the new model.
The Hero 5 Black camera is EXCELLENT. American Company too.
Please, buy another brand, you don't seem happy with the DJI and you are free to choose.
I have a new P4P, all up to date, no problems. I fly by the rules, I can live with updates, been doing that on computers for 40 years. Sometimes, software or firmware needs bug fixes too, no updates no fixes.

Please, buy another brand, you don't seem happy with the DJI and you are free to choose.
I have a new P4P, all up to date, no problems. I fly by the rules, I can live with updates, been doing that on computers for 40 years. Sometimes, software or firmware needs bug fixes too, no updates no fixes.
Ya well "sometimes" under United States consumer protection laws a manufacture is caught breaking those Laws! They will be called to the table for illegal manipulations of a product, you bought and paid for, without ever knowing they would later alter or remove capabilities or make you provide them with personal information before you can fly your Quad Years after you purchased it, or be grounded!
**** right I will NOT buy anther DJI product! Control Freak nightmare.

Ya well "sometimes" under United States consumer protection laws a manufacture is caught breaking those Laws! They will be called to the table for illegal manipulations of a product, you bought and paid for, without ever knowing they would later alter or remove capabilities or make you provide them with personal information before you can fly your Quad! **** right I will NOT buy anther DJI product!
Your choice, buy what will make you happy, you don't need our permission.

Ya well "sometimes" under United States consumer protection laws a manufacture is caught breaking those Laws! They will be called to the table for illegal manipulations of a product, you bought and paid for, without ever knowing they would later alter or remove capabilities or make you provide them with personal information before you can fly your Quad Years after you purchased it, or be grounded!
Would you care to elaborate on what consumers laws they have broken, enlighten us.

You remind me of another subject.. . This reply is Exactly the kind of attitude you will get from DJI customer service. it is contagious.

I have a P3S and I don't have problems with the latest firmware or to login to the DJI App. Not difference at all in login to your online accounts. If you don't like it, you are free to choose whatever drone platform that makes you happy. So far, DJI have not disappointed me yet and very satisfied with the flying experience.

I don't mind doing what is required to keep my P3P flying safely, in the future I will wait awhile after new FW releases, I do agree that DJI should not be mining our devices while logged into our accounts, this is why the DOD has suspended the use of DJI products throughout the military (this hit them hard in the wallet !!), all of a sudden DJI is announcing a "Private Mode" that is supposed to be available in future updates.

I always use airplane mode when flying (No need for maps unless you are lost) always fly where I can keep an eye on the quad for the most part.
As long as I can see out the camera I can find my way home.

What laws do you think that DJI broke? Anything specific at the Federal or local level?

I updated to the latest FW hope I didn’t make a mistake. I’m sure the NSA knows if China is spying and can write their own FW for DOD if needed

I have a problem with forced updates for sure. My bird works just fine as is! I am happy with it and has no problems. A friend of mine was forced to update or be restricted to to the 30m distance. He flies professionally and had work to do so he had to update. Now his 4 is acting up, slow flying and descent, and even had the bird drop 2 feet like the motors paused on his way down once. He is now scared to fly not knowing if this is going to happen over water or while he is inspecting a roof, or near a tree!

I think its total BS!

Most of the time the 30/50 meter restriction is a sign in issue, follow the treads, many people have got past it although they had to uninstall/ re-install & sign in a few times before it worked.

Now the dji app says it’s still 1.10.90 and the sd card after update says 1.11.20 success

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan