Reaction score
I've had a slew of issues after updating the firmware of my P4. And it seems that the app will not allow me to rollback the firmware for the RC (it didn't save the previous version). The aircraft was able to downgrade, but it won't fly when the controller and aircraft are different versions.

Additionally, I've been really disappointed that the DJI Assistant 2 software does not install properly on my Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) machine. As part of the installation, it launches a separate executable to install Phantom 4 drivers. The driver installation errors with the following:

Runtime (-1:0): Cannot Import REGKEYEXISTS.

On Mac OS X, the software isn't offered by a trusted publisher, but it did install after changing the Security settings in Preferences, despite being intended for 10.6 (which is a very old operating system, all things considered). I am running 10.11.

Issues I've had since upgrading the firmware:

• Drone reports that propeller guards are installed. I don't even know what propeller guards are--they sure didn't come with this thing.
  • Drone reports status: Abnormal
  • Video on my device no longer comes through clearly--lots of distorted video and bright colors: http://i.imgur.com/1XQQHMG.png

Are others having these issues? Is this typical of DJI or are these issues isolated to my device?

If I replace it and opt to not update the firmware, will I be forced to update in the future?

Im having issues with the upgrade on the aircraft.

I upgraded the RC first and then the aircraft. The RC went through no problem however the aircraft just says upgrade failed.

Not sure what to do next.

errors:

'RC Signal lost'

Anything specifically from that thread that you are recommending? I tried removing and reinstalling the Android app, but there's still no firmware available to roll back the RC.
Post number 32 -(with all the pictures )- tells you how to downgrade the RC as the first part of the post.

Sorry for late reply.....was bedtime in the UK when you posted!

Yep, I'm aware of the graduation cap trick, but that screen reports that there's no available firmware to rollback.

Equipment: N/A Firmware Version: N/A Downgrade Firmware to: Drop down menu (drop down won't open) No available firmware for downgrade.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ckywyPE.png

Yep, I'm aware of the graduation cap trick, but that screen reports that there's no available firmware to rollback.

Equipment: N/A Firmware Version: N/A Downgrade Firmware to: Drop down menu (drop down won't open) No available firmware for downgrade.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ckywyPE.png
Sorry to hear that........I don't have any other suggestions to offer:(

Having the same issue

Was using both smartphone and DJI Assistant 2 on Mac to refresh th firmware. However the aircraft just says upgrade failed.
I had the same problem using Assistant with a Mac....when I contacted DJI they told me that you can't use Assistant on a Mac for firmware updates...needs to be a PC. The Mac version is ok for sensor calibration, but not firmware.

Seems very strange, as they're selling the P4 through Apple, but that's the information I was given.

But definitely, the P4 needs to be done before the RC.

Last edited:
I had done the P4 at first. Any solution how to fix it?
Mistake in my post....I got it the wrong way round -(now edited)-... The P4 should be done before the RC.
Have you had a look at the link in post 6 above for more info.

My first p4 refused to upgrade and found out itvhad a faulty usb port on the ship. It wud not recognize the dji assist or my ipad air 2. As soon as i exchanged the p4, everything upgraded. I have better luck using my ipad for upgrades. Good luck

I had the same problem using Assistant with a Mac....when I contacted DJI they told me that you can't use Assistant on a Mac for firmware updates...needs to be a PC. The Mac version is ok for sensor calibration, but not firmware.

Seems very strange, as they're selling the P4 through Apple, but that's the information I was given.

But definitely, the P4 needs to be done before the RC.

That's very weird. On my first P4 it did the first upgrade perfectly with my MacBook Pro. After that no dice, had to use the iPad. I didn't bother loading on Win10 to try that.

Mistake in my post....I got it the wrong way round -(now edited)-... The P4 should be done before the RC.
Have you had a look at the link in post 6 above for more info.

Yes, I found that out the hard way. Don't know why DJI doesn't force you to do that.

That's very weird. On my first P4 it did the first upgrade perfectly with my MacBook Pro. After that no dice, had to use the iPad. I didn't bother loading on Win10 to try that.
I wasn't convinced the person on the chat line knew what they were talking about, but that was the information they gave me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31