HOW TO: Install Phantom 4 firmware

Omg what a shame on me hahaha. Yep, i thought P4 need to be connect via wifi. Thank you very much!!

I have the p4p, obsidian,with obsidian remote, crystal sky 7.8 ultra, 4 batteries. iMac 27 retina late 2014, iPhone 6s and iPad 4th Gen. I prefer to use the iMac for updates for most, including updates for the p4p. All the instructions for updating that I could find say nothing about using an iMac computer. Just mobile devices. Can someone steer me in the right direction on how to install updates for the drone, remote, and batteries, or is it the identical process as you would use with the mobile devices. I have not flown the drone yet, because of weather, here in southern Ontario. I purchased in February this year, have not updated anything.
Thank you
MrH

All the instructions for updating that I could find say nothing about using an iMac computer. Just mobile devices.
It's not possible to update everything with just a computer. You'll need to use the DJI GO app too. While it's easiest to follow these instructions, you could upgrade the aircraft firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application like this and then upgrade the remote controller firmware from DJI GO (per these instructions).

Thank you for your reply. I am able to update the Drone Via IMAC, as well as repeating for each battery, per the DJI Support page video tutorial page, but the controller should be done via Mobile device, as how you have described in your attachment?
Thanks

Trying to update Firmware and get a message "Accessory Not Supported by this device"
Is that talking about the cord, or the P4 and RC, or ?
Thanks for your help.

Trying to update Firmware and get a message "Accessory Not Supported by this device"
Is that talking about the cord, or the P4 and RC, or ?
It's probably the cable. Use the micro USB cable that came with your Phantom or try a different micro USB cable if that's the cable you're using right now.

Brand new P4A. Ok I did the upgrade following exactly the steps in this thread and all went good.
The only different thing is that following the message "Update Complete" the AC shut down by it self and restarted so i don't know if the user have to restart the AC again.
The same happened (restart by it self) when updating the extra batteries.
So far so good.

The only different thing is that following the message "Update Complete" the AC shut down by it self and restarted so i don't know if the user have to restart the AC again.
Probably not, but I like to restart everything once more before flying. That final restart happens naturally though since I do my firmware updates at home (instead of out in the field when I want to fly).

After updating the firmware and all batteries, the GO app keeps telling me that the flysafe database needs update too and prompts me to connect the cable to the drone via the OTG adaptor.
Should I update the database the same way as the firmware?
Also would like to ask, what calibrations should i perform? So far I calibrated the IMU and will do the compass when i go out to the field. Any other calibration is required after firmware update?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic