Fireworks display - our first night flight

Reaction score
Hi,

This brief fireworks display was the first time that me and my son had tried flying at night.
The display didn't last as long as we had hoped, although we did miss the first minute or so.
No background soundtrack on this one - unusually for a drone video we actually have the sound of the fireworks !!!
We did make one newbie night flying mistake which can be seen in the video :rolleyes:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice idea for new years eve here in NL though flying at night is illegal here.

Great quality - which drone is this ?
It's the Phantom 3 Standard. really happy with it so far.
I have had a few issues with the gimbal recently but overall it's been fun flying it.

I think that is the first night flight I have ever seen in the UK. Could you do the city lights at night?
I'd love to do the city lights at night but worried about getting into trouble.
The drone laws in the UK are getting tighter, made worse by the Gatwick airport incident before Christmas.
I'm not sure whether I've broken the law in the fireworks video because I've flown in a "built up area".
I'm not even sure what classifies as a "built up area".
Obviously in the centre of Nottingham I'd be flying in a larger "built up area" ,which is supposed to be forbidden without prior permission, although many drone videos we see on TV and online are breaking at least one rule contained in the drone laws.
I would need to clarify the rules before attempting the flight.

Nice idea for new years eve here in NL though flying at night is illegal here.
To be honest I'm not sure what the law is in the UK regarding flying at night.
I've looked at the UK drone code on a few websites and it doesn't mention it at all.

Nice work with the audio. Did you collaborate it with someone on scene???

Nice work with the audio. Did you collaborate it with someone on scene???
Yes, I sent my daughter nearer to the display to record the sound with her mobile phone and then just synced it with the video

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31