FB Live vs YouTube Live

I've used the FB Live feature several times and it's SO cool ...in concept. I click a few keys and according to what I'm told on the DJI Go app I'm streaming away perfectly. I have a solid LTE signal and plenty of bandwidth and CPU performance; yet my viewers (confirmed myself with an iPhone 5 feet away) is that quality of video is HORRIBLE. It appears less than 480p and it pauses for long long long periods.

I'm about to go test YouTube Live - but it required a few extra steps I didn't have time for last night.

I wondered what others opinions on these two methods were? Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping to see some comments in here on this as well. I've not tried the FB Live option yet however I have noticed exactly what your viewers have seen. Low Res, blocky and stuttery.

Jas

Test: streaming to YouTube, obviously.
Users reposted a much better xperience. Better looking video, up to 720P with almost no freezing at all. Still a bit blocky, but the freezing was the big issue re: FB which has a much nicer interface and experience, otherwise.

Last edited:
I have only tested FBL indoors on WiFi and it seemed to work fine. I don't have a mobile data connection so I can test it in the field.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crojas