Fake / Counterfeit Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I need help fellas.

I recently bought P4 batteries from an ebay seller and received them today. I noticed on the warnings on the battery that the word "flight" is mispelled as "fliget". I checked my original high capacity battery, and it does say "flight".

Also, when charging the batteries, the side where the LED indicators are at is translucent when lit compared to the original high capacity battery.

This is my first P4 battery. For those of you out there who bought P4 batteries, can someone please check if yours is the same?

I have attached pictures for your reference.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• P4BATT01.jpg
    P4BATT01.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,562
  • P4BATT02.jpg
    P4BATT02.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1,420
  • P4BATT03.jpg
    P4BATT03.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,356
Sorry to say, but anything that has English misspellings will not be a genuine DJI product. There is also no space between the words "circular button".

Reactions: Linuxglobal
Sorry to say, but anything that has English misspellings will not be a genuine DJI product. There is also no space between the words "circular button".
I do have a P4P and the included high capacity battery. Good catch on the "circular power button". I'll have to contact DJI and confirm that these are fake. Thank you!

UPDATE:

I just got off the chat with a DJI rep. I gave him the serial numbers of my two batteries and to make it interesting, I have included two extra serial numbers that I completely fabricated. The DJI rep verified that all four serial numbers are legit. It might have been luck that the two serial numbers I fabricated was registered in their database. He also added that as long as it's registered in their system, it's legit.

I also asked if it is typical that the warnings on the battery have misspellings, and he said yes, as they are shipped from China.

I will try to fly the bird with these batteries and see if they hold out the charge. How long does a normal P4 battery last from 100% to 30%? Like 22 minutes?

UPDATE:

I just got off the chat with a DJI rep. I gave him the serial numbers of my two batteries and to make it interesting, I have included two extra serial numbers that I completely fabricated. The DJI rep verified that all four serial numbers are legit. It might have been luck that the two serial numbers I fabricated was registered in their database. He also added that as long as it's registered in their system, it's legit.

I also asked if it is typical that the warnings on the battery have misspellings, and he said yes, as they are shipped from China.

I will try to fly the bird with these batteries and see if they hold out the charge. How long does a normal P4 battery last from 100% to 30%? Like 22 minutes?
DJI rep must believe internal company propoganda that only possible one supplier to DJI capable of making battery. Where did you buy the pack and how much did you pay. Answers to those questions will provide greater insight than bad Engrish and customer service support.

Reactions: Daskid
If you test the batteries by flying, I'd keep it just off the ground until you see how they react. Not worth damaging the AC if something goes wrong.

Reactions: beakeru2 and Daskid
I'm voting with some confidence that no, it's not original.

The description is typical of aftermarket products that are "designed for" and not "made by".

This is not a DJI description; it's not even a copy and paste of a DJI description.

I do not mean to take anything away from the dealer as they have a 99+% rating on 200K transactions, but I would not expect this battery to be OEM.

As for your convo with DJI, good call to insert two fake numbers, but maybe better to have made them SO fake you'd have been sure?!

First question to ask is, how can they sell them for $109 when DJI sells them for $169?

The description is typical of aftermarket products that are "designed for" and not "made by".
The description is odd. However, Yita Motor is an authorized DJI dealer, so I would not expect them to be selling 3rd party batteries. The OP should definitely contact them for more details.

First question to ask is, how can they sell them for $109 when DJI sells them for $169?
DJI is only selling high capacity P4 batteries.

This is not a DJI description; it's not even a copy and paste of a DJI description.

I do not mean to take anything away from the dealer as they have a 99+% rating on 200K transactions, but I would not expect this battery to be OEM.

As for your convo with DJI, good call to insert two fake numbers, but maybe better to have made them SO fake you'd have been sure?!

The price is definitely the only proof that this is not an original DJI battery. Nobody will sell an original one with a $60 dollars discount unless it is used.

I tried to pattern the serial number similar to the real ones and replaced 2 digits of random numbers/letters. I didn't want it to be obviously randomly generated serial numbers.

I agree with your thinking.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
The description is odd. However, Yita Motor is an authorized DJI dealer, so I would not expect them to be selling 3rd party batteries. The OP should definitely contact them for more details.

DJI is only selling high capacity P4 batteries.
I'll contact the seller today and report back. However, before I purchased the batteries, I sent the seller a question and asked if they are original batteries. They replied and confirmed that they are authentic drone batteries.

...asked if they are original batteries. They replied and confirmed that they are authentic drone batteries.

The devil is the the details and you may have paraphrased for brevity, and I understand that, but I'm curious... how EXACTLY did they phrase the reply?

Sure, they're authentic "drone" batteries... but authentic DJI?!

Reactions: beakeru2
I bought one of these about 5 weeks ago. It has been flawless. It has about 10% less capacity, but has not given me any problems whatsoever. It also says 'fliget' but there is no translucency when the LED's are lit up.

I have probably had this one go through 5-6 charge cycles. No problems at all. Bought from the very same guy too.

Nobody will sell an original one with a $60 dollars discount unless it is used.

The 169.00 battery is the P4P high capacity battery. This is a standard P4 battery that has about 10% less capacity. They are apparently now discontinued as DJI no longer lists them on their site.

That would sort of beg the question... where is the wisdom in counterfeiting a discontinued product? Ie., how much more could it cost to make this look like a HIGH CAPACITY battery when all that would be needed is different graphics?

My bet is this... the seller is moving genuine DJI batteries and the price is what it is because it is not the latest and greatest.

I bought one, BTW. It works perfectly.

Looking at the eBay link the battery depicted in the images would seem likely to be of a genuine article. Note the red triangle and, although not 100% clear, it does seem flight is spelt correctly.

Looking at the eBay link the battery depicted in the images would seem likely to be of a genuine article. Note the red triangle and, although not 100% clear, it does seem flight is spelt correctly.

Yes... but do we know if the one in the picture is the same as the one he received?

Yes... but do we know if the one in the picture is the same as the one he received?
Bingo!!! same thing happened to me Amazon. Pictures of the original DJI phantom 3 battery and when I got this, it was so different, even the color was not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj