Fake / Counterfeit Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 81600
Seriously? This has to be a competition? There are non-DJI supply channel Phantom 4 batteries. Here is one example. note- it's JIA brand.

15.2V/5350mHh Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery for DJI Phantom4, 15.2V/5350mHh Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery for DJI Phantom4 battery, 3108182 | HKTDC

Because a 'trading company' sells a battery for a P4, does that mean the battery is NOT a genuine battery? They want 180 bucks for it. Maybe they are just running a middle-man operation like Amazon sellers do.

My point?

This:

215c5b096b97633dad8680a43e05cc19.jpg

And this:

d0fb1855dbd5dfd27baecf69b88ccf29.jpg

This dealer claims to be a US dealer but is using the same graphics as the OP's dealer and has just as questionable a description.

So are they genuine? They are the ONLY ads that deviate from the ads for the seemingly more genuine DJI batteries, like this:

abbd7e77a5c51fff4bf4c6a10d51fe13.jpg

My point is and always has been to provide object information for people to use when making important decisions on expensive products.

What's yours? To defend an eBay seller?

Here is the same 'company' with a Mavic Pro. Is this a clone Mavic? I think they are a reseller, like Amazon.

DJI Mavic Pro OcuSync Transmission FPV With 3Axis Gimbal 4K Camera Obstacle Avoidance RC Quadcopter - Camera, 3115475 | HKTDC

Here is the same 'company' with a Mavic Pro. Is this a clone Mavic? I think they are a reseller, like Amazon.

DJI Mavic Pro OcuSync Transmission FPV With 3Axis Gimbal 4K Camera Obstacle Avoidance RC Quadcopter - Camera, 3115475 | HKTDC

Well, at least you are now including the words "I think" in your posts.

That's the most important part of what's going on here. As I've already mentioned, you are no more qualified than any of the rest of us to attest to whether these are genuine or not.

Against an unproven allegation of dishonesty?

Yes. Exactly what I am doing.

You can't seem to get past this one but it's no longer relevant.

Nobody is alleging any dishonesty… Simply trying to determine whether or not they are genuine OEM or aftermarket, neither of which is dishonest, simply trying to wade through the vague description.

In fact I'll even go one better...

If the seller now understands that there is confusion whether his batteries are OEM or aftermarket, then he has an opportunity to correct his nomenclature and improve his business.

My pleasure, just here to help! [emoji6]

In fact I'll even go one better...

If the seller now understands that there is confusion whether his batteries are OEM or aftermarket, then he has an opportunity to correct his nomenclature and improve his business.

My pleasure, just here to help! [emoji6]

I get the impression that you are either missing the point or dont really understand what "aftermarket" means. If it were an aftermarket battery it would not have DJI on it. It would be either Genuine DJI OR counterfeit....NOT and aftermarket battery. Aftermarket items could be FOR DJI but would have the companies branding on it that mfg it.

I just bought three P4 batteries from three reputable retailers and all three have the word fliget on it just like the OPs and all work just fine. Bought one from Best Buy, builtdrones.com and Beach Camera. I have no doubt they are DJI batteries.

I'm out. Question's been asked and over-answered. I'm quite certain my batteries are OEM, DJI originals and that's all that matters to me today.

If you've never done business in China you have a lot to learn. The business culture there is both remarkably similar and different to our (western) way of doing business. There is good reason to be concerned about counterfeit goods (especially sourced from EBay) because the Chinese have a long history of reverse engineering, duplicating technology, and making cheap knock offs. So buyers have good reason to be concerned and should be vigilant.

That said, unless DJI is in the battery making and assembly business, it would be perfectly normal for them to sub source each battery cell, circuit board, molded shell, miscellaneous components, assembly, and labeling. They provide specs to their vendors with an expectation that vendors will conform accordingly. DJI is under no obligation to personally inspect each item and there is no assurance that finished product (batteries in this case) will ever be shipped through a DJI facility prior to hitting the distribution and fulfillment chain.

Unless you're in the manufacturing & distribution loop, you have to rely on two things when making a purchase: (1) seller reputation, and (2) personal hands on experience. Slight cosmetic differences are to be expected and noted should the product (a) fail to perform, and (b) you're unable to get satisfaction from your point of purchase.

China has come a long way in the last 30 years, but still has a long way to go (don't we all?). Expect variations between producers and production batches. Report variances and your concerns to DJI. Eventually they'll "get it".

It takes time to fully corrupt communist mentalities into embracing the decedent and bourgeoisie global free market and the standards we want them to operate by. But they're trying. They're really trying.

BOY did this thread get heated and off topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor