Fake / Counterfeit Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the standard capacity pack shipped with your P4?

I do not OWN a P4. I have a P4P. It ships with the NEW battery. The battery in question is the standard P4 battery that also works in the P4P. They are different batteries. That is why there is a price difference.

(I haven't seen it claimed as genuine DJI OEM anywhere).

And, there is your caveat once again. A subtle clue that you still think the seller is not selling a genuine DJI product.

In fact, the seller of the battery DID state that it was a genuine DJI battery, but it was not in the King's English... so I guess that means he is up to something...

So what's the conclusion because I have the same issue.
b0d6297fbd2451c56ed73092299e7a11.jpg

2837f019fdff69a105ae37e2f2e9f6bc.jpg

By the way I've had no problems.

I do not OWN a P4. I have a P4P. It ships with the NEW battery. The battery in question is the standard P4 battery that also works in the P4P. They are different batteries. That is why there is a price difference.

And, there is your caveat once again. A subtle clue that you still think the seller is not selling a genuine DJI product.

In fact, the seller of the battery DID state that it was a genuine DJI battery, but it was not in the King's English... so I guess that means he is up to something...
Ok- well I can tell you the standard capacity P4 packs I have seen did not have the chinglish subject of the discussion here. I have not applied any significant attention to the seller, simply made an observation based on the response to the OP enquiry which stopped a long way short of confirming it was DJI OEM. It might be it's an OEM supplied pack from a production run with different labels, it might be aftermarket with identical spec components and quality, it might be better. It might be a lot of things but we know it seems to provide OEM performance so to the extent it is third party it's no issue as the price was reasonable.

Reactions: pomonabill220
You own a P4 DJI battery that also works in the P4P. That's my opinion.

Just for kicks... where did you get your battery?
I feel an idiot saying this, but ebay. I was new and thought a battery was a battery if it had DJI splashed all over it.
So do i use it or is it likely to invalidate my warranty?

Last edited:
So what's the conclusion because I have the same issue.
b0d6297fbd2451c56ed73092299e7a11.jpg

2837f019fdff69a105ae37e2f2e9f6bc.jpg

By the way I've had no problems.
Looking at the side by side shots I'm inclined to think both may be from seperate suppliers to DJI. Would you be able to post pics if the other side of the packs? What is the manufacture date on these two?

I feel an idiot saying this, but ebay. I was new and thought a battery was a battery if it had DJI splashed all over it.
So do i use it or is it likely to invalidate my warranty?

Use it. IT IS A DJI BATTERY.

Search the web far and wide and see if you find anyone with any proof that anyone has ever counterfeited a P4 DJI battery. If you find REAL evidence that it is fake, send it to me with a 20 dollar bill as a disposal fee and I well get rid of it for you...

Reactions: sparky1111
Use it. IT IS A DJI BATTERY.

Search the web far and wide and see if you find anyone with any proof that anyone has ever counterfeited a P4 DJI battery. If you find REAL evidence that it is fake, send it to me with a 20 dollar bill as a disposal fee and I well get rid of it for you...

With all due respect, you can't say it's an authentic battery any more than anyone else can say it isn't.

If an aircraft crashes and warranty is denied for use of a non-authentic battery, are you willing to replace it?

All we can do here is offer opinions and allow people to make their own choices based on those and any other information they are free to garner themselves.

Reactions: pomonabill220
I was browsing BestBuy.com and found the attached high capacity battery. Apparently the P4 battery is not alone. I do not believe BestBuy is selling fake/counterfeit batteries nor they have a pirate supplier. I am now starting to believe the units I got are not fake. Am I wrong?

Attachments

• BB1.png
    BB1.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 382
  • BB2.png
    BB2.png
    829.1 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: Gubes17
With all due respect, you can't say it's an authentic battery any more than anyone else can say it isn't.

Sure I can. Why are some people so jaded as to think that there is a 50/50 chance that this battery is bogus? Especially when there have so far been NO reports of any bogus Phantom 4 batteries to be found anywhere.

Based upon the fact that there are ZERO reports of fake batteries and the seller having excellent feedback, I am completely comfortable assessing the situation and taking the position that the battery is a genuine DJI product.

If an aircraft crashes and warranty is denied for use of a non-authentic battery, are you willing to replace it?

Yes. As proof of that, I remind you that I fly my own P4P with one of these batteries with no hesitation.

Comes to something when they can manufacturer a high tech component but not spell properly. I just hope their calculations on the remaining battery power is more accurate!!!

Sure I can. Why are some people so jaded as to think that there is a 50/50 chance that this battery is bogus? Especially when there have so far been NO reports of any bogus Phantom 4 batteries to be found anywhere.

Based upon the fact that there are ZERO reports of fake batteries and the seller having excellent feedback, I am completely comfortable assessing the situation and taking the position that the battery is a genuine DJI product.

Yes. As proof of that, I remind you that I fly my own P4P with one of these batteries with no hesitation.

Again, respectfully, no you can't attest to its authenticity. Otherwise if this were a true debate there would be a requirement for proof of qualification. At this point, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems you are simply an end user that bought a battery that has 5 flights' experience with it.

No one is talking about "fake"... there is a significant difference between that and "aftermarket".

In any case, I'm not so passionately attached to eBay, this seller, or any topic so much as to dig any heel in any sand... I'm simply inclined to try and help forum members (or anyone else that needs anything) in any way I can, and I truly believe the OP has enough of my opinion to satisfy my contribution to this topic.

I'm relatively certain there are many batteries out there that regardless of the source may function perfectly. I hope everyone finds and uses what they want and need.

Again, respectfully, no you can't attest to its authenticity. Otherwise if this were a true debate there would be a requirement for proof of qualification. At this point, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems you are simply an end user that bought a battery that has 5 flights' experience with it.

No one is talking about "fake"... there is a significant difference between that and "aftermarket".

In any case, I'm not so passionately attached to eBay, this seller, or any topic so much as to dig any heel in any sand... I'm simply inclined to try and help forum members (or anyone else that needs anything) in any way I can, and I truly believe the OP has enough of my opinion to satisfy my contribution to this topic.

I'm relatively certain there are many batteries out there that regardless of the source may function perfectly. I hope everyone finds and uses what they want and need.

Did you happen to catch a post just ahead of yours where a P4P battery purchased at Best Buy had the same misspelling? I think that lays this to rest, unless one were to contend that Best Buy is selling third party goods as DJI originals.

As for 'proof' of anything. The origin of material goods is beyond the scope of proof unless one has documentation of the chain of custody from start to finish. One can only play the odds and base their decisions upon reason and logic.

Reactions: Daskid
Did you happen to catch a post just ahead of yours where a P4P battery purchased at Best Buy had the same misspelling? I think that lays this to rest, unless one were to contend that Best Buy is selling third party goods as DJI originals.

As for 'proof' of anything. The origin of material goods is beyond the scope of proof unless one has documentation of the chain of custody from start to finish. One can only play the odds and base their decisions upon reason and logic.

Did you happen to catch the post ahead of yours where I said there is a difference between "fake" and "aftermarket"?

Best Buy DOES carry aftermarket props.

Best Buy DOES carry aftermarket prop guards.

Stands to reason Best Buy MAY carry other aftermarket accessories, including batteries...

I don't know if they do or not but I guess I should check the batteries I buy a little more closely, since I prefer OEM batteries... which is why I suspect the OP asked the original question.

Did you happen to catch the post ahead of yours where I said there is a difference between "fake" and "aftermarket"?

Best Buy DOES carry aftermarket props.

Best Buy DOES carry aftermarket prop guards.

Stands to reason Best Buy MAY carry other aftermarket accessories, including batteries...

I don't know if they do or not but I guess I should check the batteries I buy a little more closely, since I prefer OEM batteries... which is why I suspect the OP asked the original question.

Best Buy's DJI batteries are branded as DJI. What is the point of your argument at this point?

Show me where ANYONE other than DJI sells these batteries and you win. Do they MAKE them? Almost certainly not. But are they all sold legally under the DJI trademark? So far the answer is YES. 100% of them.

IMG_2615.PNG
Best Buy's DJI batteries are branded as DJI. What is the point of your argument at this point?

Show me where ANYONE other than DJI sells these batteries and you win. Do they MAKE them? Almost certainly not. But are they all sold legally under the DJI trademark? So far the answer is YES. 100% of them.
Seriously? This has to be a competition? There are non-DJI supply channel Phantom 4 batteries. Here is one example. note- it's JIA brand.

15.2V/5350mHh Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery for DJI Phantom4, 15.2V/5350mHh Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery for DJI Phantom4 battery, 3108182 | HKTDC

Reactions: jwmcgrath
My point?

This:

215c5b096b97633dad8680a43e05cc19.jpg

And this:

d0fb1855dbd5dfd27baecf69b88ccf29.jpg

This dealer claims to be a US dealer but is using the same graphics as the OP's dealer and has just as questionable a description.

So are they genuine? They are the ONLY ads that deviate from the ads for the seemingly more genuine DJI batteries, like this:

abbd7e77a5c51fff4bf4c6a10d51fe13.jpg

My point is and always has been to provide object information for people to use when making important decisions on expensive products.

What's yours? To defend an eBay seller?

Last edited:
Reactions: sparky1111
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members