ESC Error

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just picked up a used crashed DJI Phantom 3 pro for $180, it is completely missing a motor but still turns on, connects to the remote and passes all of its checks except the ESC, do you guys think I can get rid of the ESC error by just connecting a new motor or do you think the ESC is dead?

I know there's only one way to find out which would be to just order the motor.

All in all a pretty good deal, got the quadcopter, prop guards, the remote, the gimbal, a battery, and a 100W battery charger a lot of which I can use on my Standard.

Richard Allin

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Only costs $18-25 and time to find out if it is just the motor and you need the motor anyway.
Be sure you get the right one as there's two versions and they only work with the specific ESC. If you have an A motor, you can't use a non-A motor with that board.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It definitely needs a shell, the arm was fully broken off. And it ripped the cables out of the motor. I don't have the original motor that was ripped out. But I just put it back together so I could find out what parts it needed.

fd60fd9729bb348d0c08d3d6bc33f223.jpg

1a4dc627849102f88d33d334e4618e05.jpg

422a6c490e09c187712ad510c1e8c4f0.jpg

Thanks, I now see the difference looks like my P3S has the flat top ones your talking about. Hopefully the non-A ones are cheaper lol.

I'll update the thread again once I've received the new motor and have it installed.

Hey guys, forgot to let ya know I tested the motor on Monday and everything's working fine. Now just waiting for the new shell to come in the mail.

Yeah, got it going. It works perfectly. Definitely worth the repair now if only the weather would get better

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72