Reaction score
Hi, I have a Phantom 2 (isn't the Phantom 2 Vision nor Phantom 2 Plus) with Zenmuse H3-3D and FPV...It's compatible with any pack of lipo batteries for the mode dual battery?

I have read something about this ... but I can not confirm it as it is in reference to the Phantom Vision...
MaxAmps LiPo Batteries for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Packs

phantom_2_green_light-jpg.24699

I hope someone can help me...
Best regards.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Phantom 2 (isn't the Phantom 2 Vision nor Phantom 2 Plus) with Zenmuse H3-3D and FPV...It's compatible with any pack of lipo batteries for the mode dual battery?

I have read something about this ... but I can not confirm it as it is in reference to the Phantom Vision...
MaxAmps LiPo Batteries for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Packs

phantom_2_green_light-jpg.24699

I hope someone can help me...
Best regards.

The only problem with external batteries is weight. Consider what the weight of your craft is with a standard battery, H3-3D gimbal, GoPro camera, transmitter, mini iOSD and plug n play cable and you will find it weighs 1358 grams. Now a DJI battery weighs 366grams. So depending now how much flight time you want will come at a cost of batteries you use plus the weight of all the hardware to hold those batteries.

At 1358 grams a P2 with a new battery the flight time will be around 15 minutes and on two 2600 batteries maybe 12 - 13 minutes of flight time due to the extra weight. Sure the cost standard lipo's are cheaper then DJI smart batteries but there are aftermarket batteries at half the cost as well.

What you are looking for is in this thread:
Phantom 2 battery hack -smart battery to go to ordinary lipo

You can also find allot of info on the subject on youtube as well.

The only problem with external batteries is weight. Consider what the weight of your craft is with a standard battery, H3-3D gimbal, GoPro camera, transmitter, mini iOSD and plug n play cable and you will find it weighs 1358 grams. Now a DJI battery weighs 366grams. So depending now how much flight time you want will come at a cost of batteries you use plus the weight of all the hardware to hold those batteries.

At 1358 grams a P2 with a new battery the flight time will be around 15 minutes and on two 2600 batteries maybe 12 - 13 minutes of flight time due to the extra weight. Sure the cost standard lipo's are cheaper then DJI smart batteries but there are aftermarket batteries at half the cost as well.

What you are looking for is in this thread:
Phantom 2 battery hack -smart battery to go to ordinary lipo

You can also find allot of info on the subject on youtube as well.

Thanks for your reply, I'm aware of all this information, It's nothing of the weight that worries me, the problem is that Phantom batteries give problems, although treated with delicacy...and of course the price...
Both with the original battery and with a lipo I will obtain practically the same time of flight, the difference is that with the lipo batteries would avoid the problems because I have batteries that force me to land at 50%, without dead cells...
Regarding the spare batteries doesn't give me confidence because of the many comments I have read against them...

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll look at the post you've given me and I'll keep looking for information, here in Spain and in Spanish there is very little information, but none...rather none...And I have bad English to understand the videos well hahaha

My question remains the same...the only information I find about this is with a Phantom 2 Vision or Plus, not with the normal Phantom.
In the only page that I find the sale of these packs says that these batteries don't work with the Zenmuse H3-3D...

Thanks for your help Jason.
Best regards.

Thanks for your reply, I'm aware of all this information, It's nothing of the weight that worries me, the problem is that Phantom batteries give problems, although treated with delicacy...and of course the price...
Both with the original battery and with a lipo I will obtain practically the same time of flight, the difference is that with the lipo batteries would avoid the problems because I have batteries that force me to land at 50%, without dead cells...
Regarding the spare batteries doesn't give me confidence because of the many comments I have read against them...

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll look at the post you've given me and I'll keep looking for information, here in Spain and in Spanish there is very little information, but none...rather none...And I have bad English to understand the videos well hahaha

My question remains the same...the only information I find about this is with a Phantom 2 Vision or Plus, not with the normal Phantom.
In the only page that I find the sale of these packs says that these batteries don't work with the Zenmuse H3-3D...

Thanks for your help Jason.
Best regards.

What ever batteries you decide to use have nothing to do with the H3-3D operation other then supplying power to it. All lipo batteries have problems whether it be DJI smart or other manufactures if they are not stored properly when not in use after several days an should be stored at 50%.

About the compatibility with the Zenmuse...I had the doubt to see this link MaxAmps LiPo Batteries for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Packs where says: "Note: This 4S battery is not compatible with the Zenmuse H3-2D, H3-3D, or H4-3D gimbals but does function perfectly with the Phantom Vision and Vision+ gimbals."
I wanted to know if it was specifically for something specific of those batteries or if it would happen with all of them...

I have been very careful with them, I didn't leave them at 50% ... if I left them with a 25% -30% ... :(
What is your advice from your experience? Buy an original, a replica or use the craft mode?

Thanks again.
Regards.

About the compatibility with the Zenmuse...I had the doubt to see this link MaxAmps LiPo Batteries for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Packs where says: "Note: This 4S battery is not compatible with the Zenmuse H3-2D, H3-3D, or H4-3D gimbals but does function perfectly with the Phantom Vision and Vision+ gimbals."
I wanted to know if it was specifically for something specific of those batteries or if it would happen with all of them...

I have been very careful with them, I didn't leave them at 50% ... if I left them with a 25% -30% ... :(
What is your advice from your experience? Buy an original, a replica or use the craft mode?

Thanks again.
Regards.

Look as long as the voltage of the single pack batteries are 11.1 volts it shouldn't matter cells the battery has. The voltage to the Zenmuse is regulated through a switching IC chip at less then 11 volts.

Myself I am using two aftermarket 6000mAh batteries along with four DJI batteries with no problems so far. Other have been using the 5400mAh aftermarket batteries because the price is half of what DJI wants. You can have problems with which ever batteries one uses and most of those problems have to do with how they were maintained and stored.

Don't believe everything you read in these forums.

Reactions: Natalio
Look as long as the voltage of the single pack batteries are 11.1 volts it shouldn't matter cells the battery has. The voltage to the Zenmuse is regulated through a switching IC chip at less then 11 volts.

Myself I am using two aftermarket 6000mAh batteries along with four DJI batteries with no problems so far. Other have been using the 5400mAh aftermarket batteries because the price is half of what DJI wants. You can have problems with which ever batteries one uses and most of those problems have to do with how they were maintained and stored.

Don't believe everything you read in these forums.
Thanks very much, I will always keep it in mind.
Best regards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic