DRONE STUCK IN 100' TREE

I'm no expert but if the battery is dead and it didn't rain while the battery was on, I think there's a chance that once you get it and give it enough time to dry out if it rained after the battery died, you might have a chance of saving it. If you can ever get it back, that is.

Do you know anyone with a bow and arrow? Shoot s heavy arrow with strong string attached over the limb and shake it out

If you have ever seen bow and arrow fishing, (popular in the southern U.S.) the setup they use would be ideal for getting a line to 100' accurately. Google it.

Tobby

post#24

Find some wannabe 5 year old actress at your local thespian's theater and take her to the local fire station and tell the fireman with the hook and ladder truck that she flew her Xmas drone into a tree and asked if they'd get it down for her. Make sure she has the tears flowing too. Makes for good PR for them too.
also punch her in the face.... For extra tears [emoji6]

Neon Euc

Do you know anyone with a bow and arrow? Shoot s heavy arrow with strong string attached over the limb and shake it out
This is a good idea... be sure you have 2-4 people holding a blanket below it to catch it so it doesn't hurt someone or get (further) damaged.

Dear All,

To state the obvious, I am extremely frustrated with myself.

First, I tried lassoing it with weights and a hook on the end of some rope. But it was too high. Then, I tried getting exercise bands and tried shooting potatoes near it. I tried fishing line attached to some bolts, and shot them up with a slingshot in hopes that I could shake the branches. My friends and I tried to used a fishing rod and tried casting up to the tree. Yesterday, I built a PVC/slingshot cannon to launch dowels. But alas, nothing... Fire brigade won't help and it's too high with a ladder. Just a side note I am in Scotland atm.

Does anyone have any helpful tips?
Tree climbing spikes and safety belt???

Find someone with a DJI Inspire, put about a 30-40 feet rope with a hook (to avoid swaying the branches with the downdraft), an Inspire should be more than capable of handling it. I'd offer to pay a small amount too, good luck!

I paid a tree surgeon £50.00 to climb up and get my old drone from a tree after wasting hours of throwing things at it hoping to move the branches.

Find someone with a DJI Inspire, put about a 30-40 feet rope with a hook (to avoid swaying the branches with the downdraft), an Inspire should be more than capable of handling it. I'd offer to pay a small amount too, good luck!

Someone earlier on mentioned this might be a bad idea. If the Inspire's rescue hook gets tangled and caught in the tree, then you could have two drones stuck in a 100 foot tree.

Tree trimmer would be my choice.

Someone earlier on mentioned this might be a bad idea. If the Inspire's rescue hook gets tangled and caught in the tree, then you could have two drones stuck in a 100 foot tree.

Tree trimmer would be my choice.
Good point

Dunno if you're still trying but I got mine down with some borrowed drain rods. It's fiddly
work and you might have another crash but it will be down . . . Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Dunno if you have sorted it out yet but I got mine down from a tree (about 30 feet) with borrowed drain rods and prodded it loose from the ground. You might need two sets of rods and risk another crash but at least it will be down. . . Good luck

Tell the local FD that you'll take some aerial shots of the firehouse and the rigs for them if they help you retrieve it.

Reactions: yorlik
you can buy a water balloon slingshot at walmart for about 10 bucks, made of surgical tubing. Then buy a set of bocce balls, nice and heavy. They'll rock the hell out of branches at 90 feet and you can get right under them. It will take you about 3 shots to perfect your aim. Never done w/ phantom but saved my U818A about 3 times this way. Used only when spinning billy club couldn't reach. Take pride in your rescue.

1. #17rdtex103, Today at 11:55 AM

At this point I would go shopping for a new Phantom. 4 days in the weather, plus a probable long fall if the rescue ever takes place sounds like long odds to me.

Tobby

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20