DRONE STUCK IN 100' TREE

Find somebody with a cherry picker .. Maybe an electrician .. Post an add on Craigslist .. Or talk to the fire dept. yes it's embarrassing but I'm sure you will learn fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to joke about the situation, but there is a radical and unthinkable approach, works only in countries like India. In a situation like this, and all other solutions failed, we would find a guy with a pet monkey (street performer) and ask the monkey to get the drone for couple of bananas. I know I'm not helping here but letting you know how things are done in different parts of the world. Strange, ha?

Reactions: yorlik
I'm wondering, with all the stuck drones, if someone could successfully operate a drone recovery service using a large quad and RC controlled grapple. Maybe there are not that many stuck drones but there have been three or four here in the past week.

Where are you? If near dayton oh I will give u climbing tree stand a poacher put on my property if u want to try.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We use sling shot with fish line to out antennas 100 ft up....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine got stuck in a 100' tree next to a waterfall! I had to hire a 40-ton crane to get it down, but they absolutely got it. Here is the video I was filming when it happened:

Reactions: Tomtopping
Spend 100 bucks on abs pipe like 1.5 abs pipe 10 foot long sections and some fittings and the glue for them.You and your friends carry them out to where the drone is stuck bring a hacksaw as well.Glue them all together the glue takes minutes and then its solid get the drone out of the tree cut up the sections of pipe go home list pipe online for sale for half the cost you paid and you got your drone back

This could work if you can somehow handle the weight of a piece pipe that long. I did this on a smaller scale with a plane about 35 feet in a tree. If you can lean the pipe into the tree somehow to support some of the weight as you add sections to the bottom. A couple of guy ropes affixed to the pipe 20 feet or so down from the top and a couple of guys on either side to "steer" it might also be helpful. Just a thought, a lot depends on the tree...got a photo of it? Something else to consider is that 10' of even 1.5 inch pipe is going to get pretty flexible...may be like trying to navigate a giant piece of spaghetti.

JJAHWEBB (the OP) stopped posting on this thread last Friday gentlemen. I think we can assume that he saved the Phantom, or decided let it stay in the tree as a monument to situational awareness (or the lack of same) Either way, six days in UK weather has probably sealed the birds fate.

Tobby

Reactions: Neon Euc
I rescued a Parrot drone with my P1 a few years ago. I used my P1 to loop a line over the branch the Parrot was stuck. Once that was done, the owner tugged on the line until the Parrot became unsnagged and fell. He was able to catch the Parrot before it hit the ground.

Story here: I rescued a Parrot AR.Drone with my Phantom

Hi The only problem trying to hook it using another drone is that the second drone which may make contact hooking it may not be able to dislodge it and could be unable to free itself, so then you have 2 drones stuck in a tree..just a thought. so whatever you try, good luck.

Other than a professional who has a separate channel to release the hook on his remote, I agree with you. Seeing as we haven't heard back from the OP, I have to assume he either got his bird out or abandoned it. I just wish people would check in and let us know what happened.

Reactions: microraptor
I'm wondering, with all the stuck drones, if someone could successfully operate a drone recovery service using a large quad and RC controlled grapple. Maybe there are not that many stuck drones but there have been three or four here in the past week.
4ccbcc7a427e15264c173c82493c3d0c.jpg

Did this a few months ago.

Reactions: Summerpaws
AHAhaahhaahahhaahaah Mate!!! I laughed so hard how you explained what you did hahaha :DDD
But I am so sorry, I feel your pain.
Make a bow and take an arrow with rope...

Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but why is no one talking about bringing the **** tree down? Thirty seconds later drone is safely on the ground. If you do it right the drone will have a soft landing among the branches. This approach may depend on who owns the land, but if it's truly in the middle of a remote swamp it may be an option.

Dave

Hi, you may be surprised, my brother lost his bebop in a rain Forrest in Queensland Australia. He found it after 3 days in which it had rained heavily for two of them. I got given a bebop that had landed in a swimming pool. Both were put in a bowl of rice, aired in the sun and both are still flying. Tough units the Bebops.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl