Drone crashed

Reaction score
Hey members

I crashed my drone this evening. The crash mainly damaged the gimbal and the camera - cracked the lens' front glass and most importantly, broke the camera and gimbal apart. Otherwise, the hull is fine, only a prop broke.

I don't have insurance on this drone because I bought this perhaps a week ago. I am not sure what to do next, any type of help or advice will truly be appreciated.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    794.2 KB · Views: 586
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 490
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    736.8 KB · Views: 530
  • image1 (2).JPG
    image1 (2).JPG
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 503
Did YOU cause this, or did it fall out of the sky all on its own and was on its way to kill a baby?

If you did it, uhmmm, save up some money and buy new parts.

If the baby killing quad did it all on its own, call up DJI and tell them that one of their quads went rogue and request that they do something about it.

Reactions: SitkaGrover
Long story short , I caused it. No idea what the reference was about, but regardless, I guess wrt selling parts, I should be looking at ebay? Or is there any other website/forum I must consider?

Sorry for derailing your serious question, and sorry for your damaged P3. The reference was to an earlier post. Not poking fun at you. Yes, eBay...and also the classified section on this forum.

Sell or save your phantom for parts, and order another-- you will be further ahead of the game, if you continue with the Phantom. I apologize for the insensitivity of some of the members, they get hung up on trashing DJI and letting everyone know their perverted opinions.

Sorry about the crash. Hope you are in the air again real soon.

The unfortunate thing is that DJI is putting all their effort right now into the demand for the P3 and I haven't seen the market get a lot of spare parts yet... so your best bet is ebay or the classifieds... a number of us have purchased 2 Phantom 3's knowing that we'll be bummed if we crash and can't get parts. I recognize that's not an option for everyone. Anyway... sorry for the crash... good luck finding the parts you need...

Reactions: John N Kronyak
I am tempted to buy the component but would like a confirmation from someone that it is a reliable website.

Amrutha, as I said I've placed 2 orders with them and was very pleased with the service. Hope that helps.

Hey members

I crashed my drone this evening. The crash mainly damaged the gimbal and the camera - cracked the lens' front glass and most importantly, broke the camera and gimbal apart. Otherwise, the hull is fine, only a prop broke.

I don't have insurance on this drone because I bought this perhaps a week ago. I am not sure what to do next, any type of help or advice will truly be appreciated.
If you decide to buy a new one, I haven't found any better prices than this place.

Seems like a legit place... selling a Vision Plus for $850 and I P3 Advance with extra battery for $800. Yeah, I'd trust them.
They were advertised on Amazon's site so I have no idea. Try it and let me know. ;-)

If you decide to buy a new one, I haven't found any better prices than this place.

Pricing is great! Has anybody bought from them or this place yet? I've been looking for an I1 and it is the best price I've seen to your point anywhere!

hope its good!

Last edited:
Amrutha, i replied to your PM.
i have parts for it... PM me back in either case whatever you decide.

I'm in a similar situation - crash, gimbal ribbon cable "cut"
I found the "spare" part in Europe (Germany - I'm living in Greece) and waiting for it, there are a few spare parts on Ebay or at sellers, especially in the US.
For example, you can have the Gimbal yaw arm for a low cost here, Ribbon Cable from the same seller, get a pair of landing "legs" easily (although I'm not sure you need them) and the easiest is the UV filter in front of the camera, either on DJI for about $30 or any Photographic Eq. shop, its a standard 30mm UV filter (about $5) - just unscrew the retaining ring and replace it!
Of course, you have to either ask help from a professional or DIY
This video gives some ideas on "dissasempling" the gimbal (its the P2 but is very close)
I believe that you can have your P3 repaired for about $200-$250 in total.-

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic