Reaction score
In early 2015, Neary Aerial Media teamed up with UAV Repair Shop to offer an Extended Warranty Service Contract for drones. UAV Repair Shop caters to people with damaged drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, also known as UAV. For example: DJI Phantom, Phantom 2 Vision/Vision+, Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced/Standard, and Inspire 1. UAV Repair Shop also specialize in FPV and video systems.

Neary Aerial Media filled a gap in the UAV/drones market, making it possible to get your drones repaired in a cheap, easy, and timely manner. Before NAM released the UAV Service Contract, repairs were often quite expensive and could take up to 12 weeks. Matt Neary at Neary Aerial Media, in direct coordination with Hani Lanzi at UAV Repair Shop, created an Extended Warranty Service Contract. With which, drone pilots could receive speedy repairs for their drones and be back in the air within 10-14 days. All at a fraction of the typical cost.

A NAM Service Contract allows you to never worry about the long wait and high cost of repairing or replacing your UAV’s electrical or mechanical parts. You will not have to search any directories for repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. Once you have purchased your Service Contract, all you have to do is send an email to [email protected] and let them know you have crashed or otherwise damaged your drone. You package up your drone safely and securely, without your battery or controller. You will be sent a shipping label for the outside of your package. Drop of the package at the FedEx location nearest you. UAV Repair Shop will run diagnostics on your drone to make sure all issues are found and repaired. Then, your drone will be shipped back to you. It’s that simple!

The difference between the Basic Service Contract and the Gold Service Contract is the deductible, the diagnostic fee charged by UAV Repair Shop, and the shipping. NAM will cover the shipping and the diagnostic fee with no deductible if you have the Gold Service Contract. If you only purchase the Basic Service Contract, there is a $75 deductible, you will be responsible for shipping your drone to UAV Repair Shop, and you will also be charged a $50 diagnostic fee by UAV Repair Shop. So, with just one service call the Gold Service Contract pays for itself. So, it’s easy to see that the Gold Service Contract is the best option.

The NAM Service Contract really took off quickly and has been a great asset for many of our customers. We have received lots of positive feedback and many thanks from the drone pilots who have needed repairs. We are thankful to be able to continue to serve the entire U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico going forward into 2016. And, we hope to expand our services to other parts of the world in the near future.

47c41159cb4c46e0c062601e55e98272-300x139.jpe

This was not offered to me at date of purchase so beings that I have own my p3p for 2 months now, can I purchase the warranty plan now

Reactions: Neary Aerial
Not that I plan on having any repairs or crashes but just for info sake are you able to submit more than one claim within the annual contract if needed?
Also repairs guaranteed and use DJI electronics and parts?

Reactions: Neary Aerial
Not that I plan on having any repairs or crashes but just for info sake are you able to submit more than one claim within the annual contract if needed?
Also repairs guaranteed and use DJI electronics and parts?
There is not a limit to the number of claims. The repairs during the contract period cannot exceed twice the cost of a new unit. At that time, we would offer a cash value or a new unit as replacement.
Repairs are guaranteed by UAV Repair Shop. They make sure everything works the way it is designed. They use genuine DJI parts, although some may be refurbished. For example, if your gimbal arm is bent, to speed up the process they may swap your gimbal with one that has previously needed similar repairs. Then, they would repair yours and swap it with the next gimbal that is need of similar repairs.

Is it just me or is there no price provided for the so called "basic contract"? Also, why would there be a diagnostic fee as well as a deductible? Why not just indicate there's a $125 deductible since that's the minimum charge imposed for each repair? If a service contract including a deductible exceeds 25-30% of Phantom replacement, it just isn't worth purchasing. One needs to self insure when contemplating spending this kind of money for a service contract on any item.
All prices are listed here: Quad Model Service Contracts
The reason they are listed as separate charges is because the deductible is charged by Neary Aerial and the diagnostic fee is charged by UAV Repair Shop. The money goes to two different companies and paid separately. Most of our customers opt for the Gold Service Contract because there is no deductible, we pay the diagnostic fee, and we also cover the shipping to and from UAV Repair Shop.
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20