There seem to be some big pieces omitted from the list of covered items. Yes it's nice to have coverage, but no IMU, compass, esc center board, gps to name a few. All these things seem like potential candidates to be damaged in a crash. For $150 to $200 a year, I would expect more things to be covered. Most of the items covered can probably be repaired by most of the members here on their own. No disrespect to the vendor, but I would like more items covered.

Reactions: tmwsiy
There seem to be some big pieces omitted from the list of covered items. Yes it's nice to have coverage, but no IMU, compass, esc center board, gps to name a few. All these things seem like potential candidates to be damaged in a crash. For $150 to $200 a year, I would expect more things to be covered. Most of the items covered can probably be repaired by most of the members here on their own. No disrespect to the vendor, but I would like more items covered.
It's all covered. They're not on the list. It's almost impossible to have an all inclusive list as that list changes so often. The short version of the story is: You crash, we fix it.
The only things not covered are loss and total destruction... i.e. lands on the highway and gets run over by several cars and trucks. Nothing left to fix.

Reactions: stoneyb245
The camera is not listed. Is the camera covered?
The camera and gimbal are covered on all the Phantom 3's and others with an integrated camera. On drones without an integrated camera, such as a GoPro, the gimbal would be covered, but not the GoPro.

What if it falls 400 feet? I'm thinking there's probably not much to fix after that?
That's such a rare occurrence. If it's repairable, it's covered. If you find a pile of little pieces, we can't fix it. It's pretty simple.
The Service Contract was designed to prevent large expenses for people after the common repairs needed after common crashes.
We've never denied a claim. We've only run into one situation where the drone was not repairable. We paid for half of his new drone (drone only, no controller) and transferred the coverage to his new one. He was a happy customer. That's the name of the game.

It's all covered. They're not on the list. It's almost impossible to have an all inclusive list as that list changes so often. The short version of the story is: You crash, we fix it.
The only things not covered are loss and total destruction... i.e. lands on the highway and gets run over by several cars and trucks. Nothing left to fix.

Agreed that it may be impossible to list everything, but can you at least add GPS, compass, IMU to your Exhibit A? I would love to buy the policy, and what you say seems enticing, but the contract is kind of important to give me comfort that I am getting what I am buying.

Agreed that it may be impossible to list everything, but can you at least add GPS, compass, IMU to your Exhibit A? I would love to buy the policy, and what you say seems enticing, but the contract is kind of important to give me comfort that I am getting what I am buying.
I'll have my attorney update the contract by tomorrow. Actually, I'll probably update it and get his approval.

Last edited:
The contract has been updated. I have updated the links on the website. I did not, however, update where I previously posted it here on PhanomtPilots. It's official. Although, my attorney will not see the update until tomorrow. I'm certain he will not have a problem with the changes.

Attachments

• UAV Service Contract.pdf
    83.3 KB · Views: 699
Reactions: TroyCutchens
That's great! Thanks so much! Good luck to your business.
Will review everything again tomorrow with level head and likely purchase.

Reactions: Neary Aerial
I hate to be a stickler, but I do not see the battery listed. Is that intentionally omitted or is it to be added after your lawyers review? I can see the battery being one of the more common items to be broken in a crash.

For convenience, the consumer would love to see a list of items that are excluded rather than trying to see if the items are covered. Since so much is supposed to be covered, why not just do as I said, list the specific items excluded? Again, I am not trying to be confrontational or rude, I am just leery of insurance contracts. No disrespect but they somehow always have a fine print that manages to invalidate ones coverage.

Last edited:
I hate to be a stickler, but I do not see the battery listed. Is that intentionally omitted or is it to be added after your lawyers review? I can see the battery being one of the more common items to be broken in a crash.
We have just recently started covering the controller and battery. They are in an add-on product. Controllers are not often damaged, so we didn't cover them at first. Batteries go bad more often than they are damage. So, to cover them, you must purchase the add-on.

We have just recently started covering the controller and battery. They are in an add-on product. Controllers are not often damaged, so we didn't cover them at first. Batteries go bad more often than they are damage. So, to cover them, you must purchase the add-on.

Odd, I would expect to see batteries being damaged rather easily in a crash? So, how much extra is the add on for battery coverage?

Odd, I would expect to see batteries being damaged rather easily in a crash? So, how much extra is the add on for battery coverage?
The add-on for the P3 is $59. Batteries are damaged in crashes a lot of the time. But, even more often, they go bad. We will replace a battery that goes bad as well if you have the add-on. Since it doesn't take a crash for us to have to replace a battery, we decided not to cover them at first. Which is why they are not in the Service Contract. After customers asked about coverage for batteries and controllers so often, we decided to create the add-on to satisfy our customers' needs.

I'm watching this. May be an option. Should cover fly aways though.
I'd love to cover fly aways. But, I think that would put me out of business. The Service Contract was designed to repair crashed drones to save people money and time...not to replace drones that people claimed flew away for no reason. As most "fly aways" turn out to be pilot error, and there is a chance that someone could claim their bird flew away when it didn't, it would be very hard to detect fraud.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic