Drone Crash - Fell Out of Sky

Reaction score
A surreal moment as I was bringing my P3 down to land, about 30 feet up it simply lost power and fell. Broken gimble, drone body...useless. No warnings prior. I've uploaded the log to healthydrones.com but I'm not really certain what I'm looking for. I can post links but there seems to be several pages per log?
Would appreciate any input or advice.

A surreal moment as I was bringing my P3 down to land, about 30 feet up it simply lost power and fell. Broken gimble, drone body...useless. No warnings prior. I've uploaded the log to healthydrones.com but I'm not really certain what I'm looking for. I can post links but there seems to be several pages per log?
Would appreciate any input or advice.
Not sure what you mean by several pages/ log? Upload the link. Perhaps someone hear will be able to shed some light the incident...

Were all of the props still attached when you found your Phantom?

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Played the converted txt log in Dashware - below last 30 secs of the flight. Appears to be a CSC that caused the crash
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: 185EZ and Cmorhoun
Played the converted txt log in Dashware - below last 30 secs of the flight. Appears to be a CSC that caused the crash
The flight record doesn't quite match the description given: "bringing my P3 down to land, about 30 feet up it simply lost power and fell"

The flight record doesn't quite match the description given: "bringing my P3 down to land, about 30 feet up it simply lost power and fell"

I don't quite follow what you mean by that - can you clarify?

I don't quite follow what you mean by that - can you clarify?
The flight record as shown in post #6 shows a Phantom being thrown around the sky in a crazy descending backward corkscrewing motion.
The description bringing my P3 down to land suggests a normal steady descent rather than crazy stunt flying.

Were you aware of this from the user manual?
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg

The flight record as shown in post #6 shows a Phantom being thrown around the sky in a crazy descending backward corkscrewing motion.
The description bringing my P3 down to land suggests a normal steady descent rather than crazy stunt flying.

Were you aware of this from the user manual?
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg
Agreed that there was no "crazy descending backward corkscrewing motion" at the actual time of decent for landing, It was a simple straight down maneuver so I am confused by what the data suggests. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes, I read the manual and am aware of the methods that turn off the craft. I find it astonishing that it's even possible in flight but am not convinced that is what happened

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss but , CSC happens just like driving and texting.:confused:

Nop! Distracted looking at it,when your finger where doing CSC, remember your brain is prepared to kill the engines when in trouble, first thing we learn is how to turn it on and off

just like turning left going forward and left coming back 2 different stick movements

how long you have been flying it?

Lol....ok, it's just now occurring to me that the impression is that this happened due to reckless crazy stunt driving or whatever. I guess I can understand that based on the video but I wouldn't have provided the data to analyze had that been the case. I’ve had the drone 2 months and have been flying it nearly every day using three batteries. I’m a photo pro and I’m not hobby flying. I’ve had some close calls and I’ve taken some chances. If that was the case here, I wouldn’t have bothered inquiring.

I’ll just say as information for anyone else happening across this thread with a similar problem – this flight was actually business, not pleasure, and certainly not reckless. The actual descent at the end (which oddly doesn’t seem to be represented in the data/video somehow…and I’m not suggesting “editing” by the provider) was as originally described. At the time of actual descent – it was a standard downward projection and it then just cut out. If it hadn’t been so, I wouldn’t have bothered inquiring.

At any rate, the input is appreciated and the skepticism is understandable. Data doesn’t lie so to speak. I’m just not certain all the data is actually there. I guess I have a decision to make about what to get next.Just can't believe a CSC is possible mid-flight.

Last edited:
Given you are a pro you might consider an inspire pro with X5 as an entry level (suits serious hobbyists and pro's on a budget).

Lol....ok, it's just now occurring to me that the impression is that this happened due to reckless crazy stunt driving or whatever. I guess I can understand that based on the video but I wouldn't have provided the data to analyze had that been the case. I’ve had the drone 2 months and have been flying it nearly every day using three batteries. I’m a photo pro and I’m not hobby flying. I’ve had some close calls and I’ve taken some chances. If that was the case here, I wouldn’t have bothered inquiring.

I’ll just say as information for anyone else happening across this thread with a similar problem – this flight was actually business, not pleasure, and certainly not reckless. The actual decent at the end (which oddly doesn’t seem to be represented in the data/video somehow…and I’m not suggesting “editing” by the provider) was as originally described. At the time of actual descent – it was a standard downward projection and it then just cut out. If it hadn’t been so, I wouldn’t have bothered inquiring.

At any rate, the input is appreciated and the skepticism is understandable. Data doesn’t lie so to speak. I’m just not certain all the data is actually there. I guess I have a decision to make about what to get next.Just can't believe a CSC is possible mid-flight.
You would have noticed healthy drones reported several significant cell voltage variations on the pack flown. Given yiur commentary about flying almost every day for two months i had thought maybe 40 plus charge cycles however it seems to have been only charged 8 times. I would approach DJI for a warranty replacement on that pack.

Reactions: Cmorhoun
If you post the video of the flight, either from the memory card if you were recording, or from the video cache on your tablet if the cache video option is selected, then we could compare the footage with the the data.
it might help you also, as I know when incidents happen, our recollection of what happened can sometimes be inaccurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31