Does The Obstacle Avoidance Work On The Phantom 4 Advanced? Yes

@CharlieU .....That depends on which data you provide. You will most likely need the Device .txt....and the Device .DAT..... ( The latter preferable).

Litchi mission 35 ft AGL to search for a lost Phantom 4.
On subsequent flights the Phantom 4 was not spotted. We know the flight path and area the drone had to make contact with the ground. Can post data if anyone is interested. More search patterns planned when the weather cools in the Arizona desert.
A Phantom 4 that was lost on a Litchi mission Aug 15 was found yesterday Oct 9. A keen eye spotted the Phantom in a search video on Oct.5.
The pilot was new to Litchi and made a change in the field from 100 ft AGL to 180 ft thinking it would be safer raising the altitude. With no internet connection it actually lowered the flight altitude. After checking on Google Earth I determined the Phantom 4 flying sideways would not make it past a point between WP7 and WP9. I added the Waypoint 8 where I thought it went down. After four trips on torturous 4X4 roads and two 1 1/2 mile hikes the beautiful Phantom 4 was recovered with no visible damage, not even a broken prop.
The mission: Mission Hub - Litchi
AirData shows where signal was lost.
Phantom 4 Google Earth 2.jpg

Unfortunately, Litchi's data file is quite poor in relation to GO. After signal loss, data transmission stops ( Also with Go). That being said, the best way to determine a cause if that is what you are looking for is to retrieve the aircraft .dat file. If the aircraft will power up see this link to get the file. If you do so you will need to upload that to a share site such as dropbox...etc.....and share a link back here to that. Retrieve Aircraft .DAT

Additionally, according to the data, you only lost downlink. The RC control signal was still active at the end of the data.

Fly Dawg, Thank you for your reply.The reason for the post was to share the good news that the aircraft was retrieved and also to caution changing altitude settings on a Litchi mission in the field. The cause of the crash was the altitude between two waypoints was 2 feet higher than the path of the aircraft. The aircraft most likely did not end the mission where signal was lost but continued on to the high point. The search video confirmed the aircraft was at that point.
Pilot was advised to load the mission on his tablet and take it with him on his hike. The blue dot (your tablet) will take you right to your Phantom which will be close to Waypoint 8. The aircraft will not be fired up for a few of days to make sure any moisture is gone. It was out there for almost two months with a couple periods of heavy rain. I will see if he can pull up the .dat file and post it.
The aircraft might have been recovered sooner but the temperatures were getting above 108°F. The pilot will soon be posting a YouTube video with the loss and recovery. Look for Ricks Romps

Last edited:
The reason for the post was to share the good news that the aircraft was retrieved and also to caution changing altitude settings on a Litchi mission in the field.
That is good that you retrieved the aircraft, however, the post was misleading in the manner it was worded and the data posted which was basically irrelevant, unless you were looking for a cause. That may be the way I read the post and I apologize if I sound a bit confused as to the point of posting the data, if you already knew the cause of the incident. Not a big deal really. As I said, it was probably my interpretation of the post. Carry on! ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.