Phantom 4 Advanced...$610...a decent deal?

Reaction score
A local guy is selling his lightly used Phantom 4 Advanced for $610. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow and likely buy it. It comes in original Styrofoam box, one battery, charger, props (just the stuff in the original packaging).

Decent deal? And am I compromising not getting a P4P because this is so cheap? I mean, I'd rather get a good used P4P, but they seem to start at around $900 around here.

It seems the difference b/t P4A and and P4P is just the obstacle avoidance sensors are more on P4P. Also, the P4A can only do 2.4 ghz, but not 5.8 for the controller connectivity. Does that mean the range and FPV connectivity is a lot better on P4P?

I mean, the camera, sensor, etc, are identical on the two drones. That's the important part to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Scott

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Fly it. If it’s in the condition that you describe and it flies and films perfectly, it’s a good deal. It still has the front sensors which are the most important. Everything else is a P4P with a P4 remote. Good luck, hope all goes well.

I sure did!! I met the owner and he was very honest - a friend had an extra P4P and he got it for a low price...so this needed to go.

I took it up into the air and it flew perfectly...took a few pics and a short video. It has less than 45 minutes of flight time on it. Came with a high capacity battery as well.

You know, I was happy with my P4S but the lure of the 1" sensor and 20 megapixel resolution was what kept tugging at me. WOW. The pictures and video are amazing on this drone. I knew it'd be better than P4S but not this good. Also, the quality of image in low light was excellent. I am blown away at it.

Only thing is...going to take some getting used to manually setting Aperture, ISO and Shutter speed. ALSO, the auto focus (AF) thing threw me a little bit.

But, all in all, this is going to be a great quad!!!

PS: one last thing: I have the itelite dbs02 antenna on my P4S. I was suprised that the stock controller (GL300C which is the same model on my P4S) on the P4A also had great range... maybe even better than the modded controller for my P4S! Go figure.

P4’s are known as being short on range. There is a tread somewhere regarding that. One solution is an inspire1 controller. GL 658C. Works well on the P4.

My P4 hasn’t had any range issues at all??? Even compared to my P4P! They’ve been pretty much the same as far as I can tell. I’ve flown out approximately 3.7 miles away with each and haven’t had any problems but yet I do have pretty clear wide open space where I live with nothing to interfere with reception,

One question for anyone, does the rule of “line of sight” hold even if it’s on your own property?? I mean there’s no way if I’m in the middle of my property I’d be able to leave my land even if I could fly thirty minutes straight! So would I actually get into trouble if I was really caught flying out of eyesight??? Just wondering LoL

My P4 hasn’t had any range issues at all??? Even compared to my P4P! They’ve been pretty much the same as far as I can tell. I’ve flown out approximately 3.7 miles away with each and haven’t had any problems but yet I do have pretty clear wide open space where I live with nothing to interfere with reception,
The lack of interference in your area is probably the reason your not having any range issues. The test would be to try what you describe in a populated area to confirm. My guess would be that you would find a difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj