Do it Yourself - Phantom 4 Pro Teardown and Repair

Reaction score
Group to help each other through photographic details of hardware teardown procedures and repair. Procedure gurus are encouraged to participate. Issues need to be posted with pictures. Software issues as a result of teardown and repair is ok to share but not operational software issues.

Hi Guys, I am changing the shell on my P4P+ drone after accidently crashing it into a tree while on a Active Track - Trace orbit around an object. The drone suffered cracks on the upper shell and lower shell only. I want to reuse the landing gear...and so started to teardown but got stuck at separating the landing gear from the lower shell with the wiring and connectors. Has anyone seen this image below? My best bet to separate the landing gear and attached compass and antenna wiring from the old shell appears to be disconnecting the smaller 4-wire end connector inside the landing gear door. See pic. Does anyone know how to separate the 4 wire cable from the landing gear and then reattach during rebuild assembly?

IMG_3296.JPG

Do a google seach for YouTube videos of exactly what you asked for. I found extremely detailed YouTube videos of teardowns of the P4.

Reactions: UrbanP4P+
Do a google seach for YouTube videos of exactly what you asked for. I found extremely detailed YouTube videos of teardowns of the P4.

Don't remove the legs before separating the shell halves.

Reactions: UrbanP4P+

Thanks. I did find 2 good videos on YouTube --on shell replace. I solved my own problem above by using a mini tong to disconnect the harnesses from the landing gear as shown inmy original post. It's now a non issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1