DJI Phantom 3 Beta Test open for enrollment

Reaction score
Dear DJI Phantom 3 users,

DJI Phantom 3 Beta Testing Program is launched now.
We'd like to invite 200 beta testers all around the world. If you are interested in this program, please read the attachment for the instruction of participating Phantom 3 Beta Testing Program.

Rewards
1. If a user reports a firmware bug that has not been found or announced to the public prior to the beta test, they will receive a reward that is commensurate with the significance of the bug discovered.
a) The first three users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines may cause fatal flight issues, will each be awarded 300 DJI Credits. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
b) The first three users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines may cause non-fatal flight issues, will each be awarded 200 DJI Credits. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
c) The first users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines is unlikely to affect flight, will each be awarded 100 DJI Credits.
2. At the end of test period, users will be awarded 10 DJI Credits for each report they send with at least ten (10) minutes of flight logged and for which sufficient flight data has been submitted. The cap on this offer is set at 500 DJI Credit per person.

Remarks: DJI will release awards within two weeks after the Beta Test period ends. Users should provide accurate information in order to avoid delays.

Beta Test Requirements
1. Only DJI Phantom 3 users can take part in the Phantom 3 Firmware Beta Test. Each applicant is required to own at least one stock, unmodified Phantom 3 . When applying, each applicant should also submit the serial number and most recent flight data (acquired in the last 7 days) from the Phantom 3 that will be used for the Beta Test pre-verification.
2. All applicants are required to register on the designated DJI website with information that is complete and accurate.
3. DJI will review qualified users and select a small number to join the test community.
4. Users who are invited to join the beta test will be able to download the latest firmware and DJI Pilot app from the designated DJI website.
5. Following the test period, users are required to upload complete flight data and other related materials to a storage service, like Dropbox or Google drive, then submit the corresponding links and passwords with the test reports.

Notes:
1. After installing the latest firmware, users should perform at least three test flights in open area before flying in other, more complex environments.
2. Users are encouraged to read the Phantom 3 User Manual and release notes before taking off.
3. Users are required to record the flight video from the onboard camera and a third-person perspective video that shows how the IPhantom 3 performs during each test flight. These videos is recommended to be recorded in 720p and posted privately on a video sharing platform, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Access information for the videos should then be submitted to the forum administrator.
4. Users should be fully aware of all safe flight procedures and be familiar with the environment in which they are flying. Please do not fly close to people, tall buildings, or other large metal structures. It is also recommended that beginners avoid flying near trees and wooded areas.

Responsibilities
1. If a firmware bug or other product failure causes the Phantom 3 to be damaged during the Beta Test, DJI may, at its discretion, cover the full cost of maintenance and repairs. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
2. If incorrect operation on the part of the user leads the Phantom 3 to be damaged during the Beta Test, DJI may, at its discretion, cover 50% of the resulting maintenance and repair costs. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
3. Users shall be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In the event that any personal injury and/or property damage/loss occurs during flight, the user shall bear full responsibility and make relevant compensation.
Under the aforementioned circumstances, DJI may assist with the costs of maintenance and repairs for a damaged Phantom 3 , but shall not bear any further liability. Users who register for the Beta Test agree to this term by doing so.
4. Users who join the beta test are not allowed to reveal the firmware or the methods by which it is acquired to the public. Users who do so shall be responsible for all resulting losses on the part of the company and may be subject to additional punitive action.
5. Users who participate in the beta test are not allow to use the beta firmware for commercial purposes. Users who do so shall be responsible for all resulting losses on the part of the company and may be subject to additional punitive action.
6. DJI reserves the right to exclude any user from the beta test for any reason. DJI also reserves the right of final interpretation for all test rules, policies, etc.

How to Apply
To apply to be a beta tester, please visit https://dji.centercode.com/signup/ and follow the instruction to complete the sign-up process.

DJI Beta Program Team

Reactions: cmyk22
We are. Our goal is to have expanded tests on all major upgrades. We really would like users to have an opportunity to test the new firmware and make it batter for everyone. You get rewarded for participating as well.

Reactions: Jacob
Given DJI's history of _customer_ released firmware I think I'll pass on using my $1250 P3 for beta testing.

I know... how about DJI giving out rewards to final release firmware users who report flight affecting and non-flight affecting bugs and issues? Seems fair. Feel free to sign me up for that.

I wonder what is considered "Passport or Other Valid Certificate Copy"

Also interesting social media selection. Linked in but no g+

A drivers license will be fine. One user used his pilots license.

Given DJI's history of _customer_ released firmware I think I'll pass on using my $1250 P3 for beta testing.

I know... how about DJI giving out rewards to final release firmware users who report flight affecting and non-flight affecting bugs and issues? Seems fair. Feel free to sign me up for that.
Well it's actually the original first app that was out with 1-32 channels to auto or manually choose

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 487
In the interim, what firmware should I use on a P3 just shipped to me ?

In the interim, what firmware should I use on a P3 just shipped to me ?
What fw did it come with ? Read read read learn as much as you can on all the forums on the pros and cons of each update is my best suggestion

Ok, thank you..
It seems the 1.1.9 is safe right now, until they get the bugs out of the newest one.
The current firmware for my P2 works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers