DJI to Replace my Phantom 3! Math does not add up.

T

TYCORP

DJI offered me 30% off the purchase of a new P3Pro.
I whined and they offered 50% off for $629.50

They request I send the old controller back so they can "register" it.

I've explained that I've already purchased a new unit and would take the equivalent in DJI credit.
They haven't got back to me.

Doing the math though and its no "deal".
If they just send me a new Phantom unit I would miss out on extras.

$60 - 100w Charger
$12 - Extra Props
$590 - Controller

$662 roughly retail.

Selling me a discount of% retail of a Phantom 3 Pro should be a whole new retail kit.

They have not confirmed anything other than for me to send the old controller back.
Seems like they can make more $$$ this way and I'm left paying shipping charges and wasting time.

Any thoughts or experience with this?
DJI has not confirmed anything or what is included with the "replacement"

I don't understand anything you just said.

Are you buying a new unit or replacing an old one?
I have already purchased a new one.

They have now offered a "deal" on a new unit due to the compass errors resulting in my crash. I informed them that I already purchased a new unit.

I'll buy a second one if it is actually half price.
of a complete retail kit without sending back a controller that I already purchased.

Not according to the manual, Page 28.

Nor is it consistent with any other mainstream 'binding' control system.

Is it true once a controller is paired to a P3 it can never be paid with another one?
They said they would pair up my old controller.
If that's not the case they should offer a core deposit

dont know but when i received my P3 from service i had to pair it again with my remote.

I understand that. But I heard a rumor it won't pair to another P3. You can re-pair it to the P3 you originally paired it with but not a new one.

No idea if that is true or not.

I understand that. But I heard a rumor it won't pair to another P3. You can re-pair it to the P3 you originally paired it with but not a new one.

you can definately pair the inspire remote with the p3 and repair it to the inspire

Please kill the rumor now.

I understand we're all used to DJI closing the ecosystem and putting restrictions on many things but this is not one of them.

The receiver is simply learning the Tx's GUID # and will only accept or act upon data packets sent with that 'address'.
Thus it has 'binded' to it.

It can re-learn or rewrite to memory GUIDs nearly indefinately, if not, at least over the expected lifetime of a Phantom.

Online with DJI support via chat
"any remote can pair with the Phantom"

Tech said they may ask for the remote to verify the logs.
as long as they ship me the remote back Id be cool with that.
on hold waiting for USA support to verify what can be expected.

Just got off the phone with USA support,
he says they bind the controller to the transmitter and can only be factory cleared.
The Inspire its not an issue says he.

Im tempted to wait until my P3 comes in a week that I ordered at full price and do some testing before I accept or pursue.

From what I've seen, those remotes are not selling for anywhere near $590. On ebay more like $300.

Just got off the phone with USA support,
he says they bind the controller to the transmitter and can only be factory cleared.
The Inspire its not an issue says he.

Im tempted to wait until my P3 comes in a week that I ordered at full price and do some testing before I accept or pursue.
Just got my backup bird, took the controller out, and paired it to my original bird. No problems at all.

Reactions: Adam Kontras

On the DJI store website you can buy just the remote AND just the body, so that is definitely just a rumor as they would not be able to sell them separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31