DJI to Replace my Phantom 3! Math does not add up.

Was it a "DJI" deal and did they ask for the controller ?
No, my original RC has a faulty gimble scroll wheel, and I wanted to have another one before I send it in for repair. I went through the linking procedure and it linked right up. Flew with it yesterday.

So based on the crash, they said pay us for a new one? No replacement? Mine is still sitting in their stupid queue with NO movement or activity or anything. It has been there for 4 weeks. Nothing.

Still waiting to hear back from them as well. When I called the phone line he could see my messages in the "queue" and said to just wait for a response.

My hunch is that the USA support is too new and training , procedures are confused. Conflicting statement from DJI online. To the phone tech it "didn't make sense to him why they asked for the controller back" as he was convinced it would be useless. He said they would probably send it "back to a manufacturer for parts".
I told him since I paid for it. I'd rather keep it for parts and the battery.
We'll see what they respond with.

DJI offered me 30% off the purchase of a new P3Pro.
I whined and they offered 50% off for $629.50

They request I send the old controller back so they can "register" it.

I've explained that I've already purchased a new unit and would take the equivalent in DJI credit.
They haven't got back to me.

Doing the math though and its no "deal".
If they just send me a new Phantom unit I would miss out on extras.

$60 - 100w Charger
$12 - Extra Props
$590 - Controller

$662 roughly retail.

Selling me a discount of% retail of a Phantom 3 Pro should be a whole new retail kit.

They have not confirmed anything other than for me to send the old controller back.
Seems like they can make more $$$ this way and I'm left paying shipping charges and wasting time.

Any thoughts or experience with this?
DJI has not confirmed anything or what is included with the "replacement"

They're offer of 50% is pretty fair considering
So based on the crash, they said pay us for a new one? No replacement? Mine is still sitting in their stupid queue with NO movement or activity or anything. It has been there for 4 weeks. Nothing.

6 weeks is the current turn around and this was emailed to you when it was checked in.. I know it sucks but trust me they want to get your craft back to you as soon as possible

They're offer of 50% is pretty fair considering

6 weeks is the current turn around and this was emailed to you when it was checked in.. I know it sucks but trust me they want to get your craft back to you as soon as possible

I agree they are being generous. However the confusion on the controller.

If it's really just 50% off a new Phantom body,
That's great.

If the controller is fine, which it is why am I paying for a new one and returning my old one ?

I agree they are being generous. However the confusion on the controller.

If it's really just 50% off a new Phantom body,
That's great.

If the controller is fine, which it is why am I paying for a new one and returning my old one ?

Honestly I don't understand it either man.. Have you asked them and have they replied to this question?

I've replied and no answer. Called and conflicts answer who said to wait for a email response.

The P3 I ordered prior to all this was shipped this morning. Maybe it will be here quick and I can test the old controller on it to debunk their theory.
In any case I'll most likely go for it since I get a second phantom body for $662
In the long run.

I'm confused as I have a P3 in for HOPEFULLY warranty repair work also. So they said it was a compass error ( seems like that would be covered) and they send you a bill for $662 for a replacement that is unheard of. So basically there is No manufacturing warranty. If they offer me a 50% discount imma tell'em to kiss my a** and I'll sell my unit on eBay and buy me a 3D robotics solo their customer service makes dji's look pathetic

I've replied and no answer. Called and conflicts answer who said to wait for a email response.

The P3 I ordered prior to all this was shipped this morning. Maybe it will be here quick and I can test the old controller on it to debunk their theory.
In any case I'll most likely go for it since I get a second phantom body for $662
In the long run.

I'm really curious about the controller pairing. Please let us know what you find!

I'm really curious about the controller pairing. Please let us know what you find!
See snerd above "No, my original RC has a faulty gimble scroll wheel, and I wanted to have another one before I send it in for repair. I went through the linking procedure and it linked right up. Flew with it yesterday.

Sorry for being a little thick but I don't quite get what's going on here? So they admitted it was a compass fault that caused the crash but you went out and bought a new unit before they got back to you with a solution? You now want them to give you credit for your old unit as you've bought a replacement off your own back already, have I got it right? Please correct the part/parts I got wrong.

I have heard all three of their customers have been quite happy as long as they don't like gimbals, simulators or distance flying.

I don't understand why this has to be an "us vs. them" debate. Mac vs. PC, butter side up/butter side down, blah blah blah.

When 3DR get all the pieces in place, then we can evaluate what works best for our individual needs. Will the Solo provide smooth movement with all features working as promised? Will they be able to maintain a (reportedly) high level of customer service? Will they stand behind their warranty? Time will tell. If so, then more power to us all!

Sorry for being a little thick but I don't quite get what's going on here? So they admitted it was a compass fault that caused the crash but you went out and bought a new unit before they got back to you with a solution? You now want them to give you credit for your old unit as you've bought a replacement off your own back already, have I got it right? Please correct the part/parts I got wrong.
I need a unit so I ordered one.
I couldn't wait for the warranty process.

Regardless if I end up with a second unit,
I asked if they would give me a DJI credit.
They said they would just sell me a new phantom at 50% off. Providing I send my original controller back.

End of the day I get a phantom with and extra charger for under $700. They will not send back my original controller (they keep to "verify logs"

They did not offer any credit or refund options even though the compass failed.

If I was able to retrieve the lost phantom they may have a different policy.

I don't understand why this has to be an "us vs. them" debate. Mac vs. PC, butter side up/butter side down, blah blah blah.

When 3DR get all the pieces in place, then we can evaluate what works best for our individual needs. Will the Solo provide smooth movement with all features working as promised? Will they be able to maintain a (reportedly) high level of customer service? Will they stand behind their warranty? Time will tell. If so, then more power to us all!
Was a sarcastic joke, I wish the solo well as it'll improve the P4.

You did well to get 50% off, my Phantom 2 auto landed straight down into a wood never to be seen again despite the fact it was set to return home and land if it went into failsafe, which it shouldn't have as it had good satellites showing and 77% on the battery. They offered me 30% off another Phantom 2 or 20% off a Phantom 3, I can't prove what happened so accepted their offer and ordered a new Phantom 3, I might use it to go looking for my old Phantom 2, it's out there somewhere :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic