DJI SUPPORT...

Reaction score
I sent my P4 in for repair as the left obstacle avoidance sensor stopped working, they responded saying they were going to replace the drone free of charge, I am happy but also confused... why replace the entire drone when you could just replace the sensor?

I sent my P4 in for repair as the left obstacle avoidance sensor stopped working, they responded saying they were going to replace the drone free of charge, I am happy but also confused... why replace the entire drone when you could just replace the sensor?
Quicker/easier ?

why replace the entire drone when you could just replace the sensor?
They normally send out refurbished drones. I'm guessing they do this because it's probably faster than trying to fix each drone as they come in.

They normally send out refurbished drones. I'm guessing they do this because it's probably faster than trying to fix each drone as they come in.

How will I know if it is new or refurbished, is there a place I can enter the new SN to check?

908f33341c1acc158fefc770dd53b562.jpg

There will be a refurb sticker on box it comes in but I've heard and seen where a p4 was sent in and replaced with a p4.
Only refurbs are suppose to go to those who buy of course and those that have a refurb and send it in foe warranty work and dji replaces refurb with a refurb.
I love my refurb and will gladly accept one or buy another any day.
That being said, if I paid full price for a p4 then that's what I would want and EXPECT in return.
Best of luck

Regarding DJI support, my RC seems to have a weak battery as it will no fully charge and lasts only 30 minutes or so before emitting a low battery beep. So I went to DJI support and online chat. The DJI tech came back almost immediately and we discussed the problem. After he asked a few questions which I answered, he decided the RC needed to be sent back for diagnosis. He emailed
a label and my RC is on the way to DJI. So far so good. Will update the story after I have the
results.

How did you suss out the sensor was not working :confused:

I plugged it into DJI ASSISTANT2 and tried calibrating the sensors, the right one was showing live output and the left one was blank, I tried refreshing the software, restoring the drone, nothing I did would make it change, so that's how I knew it was that! :)

I plugged it into DJI ASSISTANT2 and tried calibrating the sensors, the right one was showing live output and the left one was blank, I tried refreshing the software, restoring the drone, nothing I did would make it change, so that's how I knew it was that! :)

Will update tomorrow when my drone returns!!! :)

908f33341c1acc158fefc770dd53b562.jpg

There will be a refurb sticker on box it comes in but I've heard and seen where a p4 was sent in and replaced with a p4.
Only refurbs are suppose to go to those who buy of course and those that have a refurb and send it in foe warranty work and dji replaces refurb with a refurb.
I love my refurb and will gladly accept one or buy another any day.
That being said, if I paid full price for a p4 then that's what I would want and EXPECT in return.
Best of luck
What??? I just seen this pic and pissed of with DJI now as my "repair" was actually a refurbishment as I have a different serial number on the drone then I do to my box, but it had no sticker on it. Wow DJI really are ******** their customers over

What??? I just seen this pic and pissed of with DJI now as my "repair" was actually a refurbishment as I have a different serial number on the drone then I do to my box, but it had no sticker on it. Wow DJI really are screwing their customers over
Even if it's a refurbished unit, these are like new.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl