DJI Phantom 4 fall from 500m altitude RAW footage from phone FPV

What is the reason this thing happen on my DJI Phantom 4?

• Vortex Ring State

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Battery Fail

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Electromagnetic Field

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Signal Loss

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Others

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this, I, purposefully have tried on many occasions to create a vrs condition and after one year and many many tries have not been able to! Full throttle down from 400 feet straight down, no right stick movement at all, %100 left stick down.

lf those attempts were in still air or ATTI mode then it's good to know that the P3 is that resistant to VRS. I know that the P4 doesn't exhibit it in GPS mode, but several people have commented that it will descend faster in Sport mode. I haven't tried that, but it is plausible.

On the camera shake issue it appears to show some instability as it starts to descend. I've seen VRS descents with equally steady camera views. Do you have a more likely hypothesis for this case?

Reactions: Zuzua
I think we will all be happy if he just posts the freaking flight logs. Either post them or quit asking others what happened. Getting ready to throw the "BS Flag" and not waiting much longer. Until be does, I will leave it at pilot error.

lf those attempts were in still air or ATTI mode then it's good to know that the P3 is that resistant to VRS. I know that the P4 doesn't exhibit it in GPS mode, but several people have commented that it will descend faster in Sport mode. I haven't tried that, but it is plausible.

On the camera shake issue it appears to show some instability as it starts to descend. I've seen VRS descents with equally steady camera views. Do you have a more likely hypothesis for this case?

I have tried in both modes, less likely to happen in atti mode as the Ac would be moving laterally as well as down by the user. In fact on quads with level motors, they say to move forward at the same time as moving downward to avoid possible vrs.
As far as possible reason for this, I have no idea, from video it is all just a guess work, flight data may prove more useful

I have tried in both modes, less likely to happen in atti mode as the Ac would be moving laterally as well as down by the user. In fact on quads with level motors, they say to move forward at the same time as moving downward to avoid possible vrs.
As far as possible reason for this, I have no idea, from video it is all just a guess work, flight data may prove more useful

Lateral airspeed certainly mitigates VRS - I learned that with the P2. However, ATTI will actually make it worse because its residual lateral motion is simply due to it drifting with the wind. As a result its lateral airspeed is zero - the most likely condition for VRS to occur.

I agree that the logs are essential. I just cannot see any other reason for such a rapid descent - if it is not in VRS then any fault condition that I can think of will either lead to free fall (all motors off) or a tumble. It doesn't appear to be in free fall, so the FC should be arresting the descent. VRS is the only condition I know of where the FC can maintain attitude but not control the vertical speed.

@sar104: it could be a simple case of pilot doing csc inadvertently!

On the P4 that is throttle minimum plus RTH. Seems unlikely, and the aircraft did not seem to be in free fall - the descent was not that fast. Additionally, if I recall correctly, Phantoms are not aerodynamically stable in free fall - they tend to invert. Perhaps someone can weigh in on that.

"Yep, it sucks to live in civilization because there really aren't all that many completely open spaces anymore."

This statement is false. 94.6 percent of the United States is rural open space.

here its my newest footage after got new phantom 4 replacement from my local drone dealer
All of my worker seem happy seeing all of this. Thank my friend
This footage just taken yesterday, boost to 500meters altitude and 2Km distance range.
All perfect without problem. Run in P mode.

At the minutes 6:50 you will see the complex I develop, Im a village eveloper

Lets happy together. Thanks God for your kindness

btw there is a flicker every few second in my phantom 4 video, please see the video I just upload, It set on 4K mov, anything mistake?

btw there is a flicker every few second in my phantom 4 video, please see the video I just upload, It set on 4K mov, anything mistake?
Still no flight log? Why not? Guess it is the pilot error since you have yet to upload any data about the flight. Not sure about others, but this is post number 131, and I asked for a flight log in post #13. Finished with this posting and since you never bothered to upload your flight logs, guess you had something to hide. I'm out...

today I got FAA certificate from my local dealer, thanks God.
Im an instructor in my village now

Still no flight log? Why not? Guess it is the pilot error since you have yet to upload any data about the flight. Not sure about others, but this is post number 131, and I asked for a flight log in post #13. Finished with this posting and since you never bothered to upload your flight logs, guess you had something to hide. I'm out...

exactly WHERE ARE the flight logs??? No logs no verdict

Here its perfect evening to fly my new phantom 4.
I just uplaod it.

Fly perfectly in this evening

today I got FAA certificate from my local dealer, thanks God.
Im an instructor in my village now
I will say it: NO FLIGHT LOGS ever posted. You got an FAA certificate from a local dealer? I think you are full of crap. First, the FAA does not show any offices in India on this link (Locate an Office – Aircraft Certification Offices (ACOs)). So, you messed up on your flight and wanted others to pacify your error. If this seems harsh, post the flight log because you never have!!!! You have asked several times what a VRS is, and put the Vortex Ring State as one of your survey answer choices. And send us the address for the FAA office there. People can call me arrogant, stupid or whatever, but if it squishes between your toes, stinks and comes out a butt, it is crap. And your inability to do anything other than make excuses stinks just like what comes out a butt.

I will say it: NO FLIGHT LOGS ever posted. You got an FAA certificate from a local dealer? I think you are full of crap. First, the FAA does not show any offices in India on this link (Locate an Office – Aircraft Certification Offices (ACOs)). So, you messed up on your flight and wanted others to pacify your error. If this seems harsh, post the flight log because you never have!!!! You have asked several times what a VRS is, and put the Vortex Ring State as one of your survey answer choices. And send us the address for the FAA office there. People can call me arrogant, stupid or whatever, but if it squishes between your toes, stinks and comes out a butt, it is crap. And your inability to do anything other than make excuses stinks just like what comes out a butt.
Hey bud, I think the OP has achieved what he has wanted to achieve which was to have fun and annoy a few guys here. Just go look at his other threads
Breathe, breathe, breathe. Now have fun and don't let this get you all worked up.

Last edited:
disaprone look.gif

OK , Let's everybody chill on this .

It's an anonymous chat forum.
Why are you investing so much emotion to the point of a warning???

Why do you insist on knowing something not likely to ever be substantiated?

Do you have to be [proven] right all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart