DJI Phantom 4 fall from 500m altitude RAW footage from phone FPV

What is the reason this thing happen on my DJI Phantom 4?

• Vortex Ring State

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Battery Fail

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Electromagnetic Field

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Signal Loss

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Others

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you did but usually the OP is hounded until he/she posts them. In this thread, I don't see this. Just thought it strange and stranger still that I still don't see the logs.
Exactly, I asked that in post #13. I am not buying the crap about a tape skip or whatever at the 1:54 to 1:55 mark. He crashed it and then took it back up again. He had no control over the descent and is lucky it didn't hurt someone. People can say what they want, but what was the purpose for flying that high? I see nothing spectacular about the city he lives in, nor anything that was beautiful in the video. Just another pilot making excuses about his aircraft suddenly falling from the sky. And please load up the flight log and lets see what it tells. Any takers, it is was pilot error?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

if you see the last part of the video seem splice its because lost contact for several second,
here its the footage from the drone
Flying illegally that high over a city probably near an airport - I hope DJI just shut it down!

Exactly, I asked that in post #13. I am not buying the crap about a tape skip or whatever at the 1:54 to 1:55 mark. He crashed it and then took it back up again. He had no control over the descent and is lucky it didn't hurt someone. People can say what they want, but what was the purpose for flying that high? I see nothing spectacular about the city he lives in, nor anything that was beautiful in the video. Just another pilot making excuses about his aircraft suddenly falling from the sky. And please load up the flight log and lets see what it tells. Any takers, it is was pilot error?

Maybe he was not interested in any photos or videos! Just wanted to fly!!

The lack of altitude restrictions in India aside, I do not see the value in flying that high. There is no detail on the ground that can be seen from that height.

The lack of altitude restrictions in India aside, I do not see the value in flying that high. There is no detail on the ground that can be seen from that height.

Jeebus Mary and Joseph ....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dirty Bird
no, I dont edit any footage. The cut is a part of signal loss, on the page 1 I include the full footage of the drone camera
Let see it together and help investigate. Btw I got a new phantom 4 from the local dealer because of that loss.

Im the developer and the owner of the housing complex on the video scene. That manage around 12000 hectare.
So need this drone to make any land survey,etc.

NEW FLASH:
Yesterday I got new phantom 4 replacement from my local dealer, I test it for 500m height and 3500m long distance without problem in sport mode.
Tonight I will upload the video, btw when I test it using the old phantom 4 that has crashed, try to descent in sport mode it cause VRS. Today I will upload the scene in open empty forest. So no harmful.
Thanks friend for the great deduction.
Now help me how to prevent VRS?

lets investigate again:
VRS maybe?
Btw my new phantom 4 fly great now

Simply put, how do I say this in Indian? This guys a ding dong. Flying in the city? Lots of people to do that... But rarely do you see someone put it up 1500 feet over cars and people. If it had lost a prop it could have easily killed someone. Just completely dumb.

Secondly, let me state the obvious again. That video looks to me, like a fast, full downward descend, not a "fall from the sky". I had one shut off in mid flight and it looked nothing like that.

Thirdly it's suspect that if landed perfectly in the middle of two lanes.

Fourthly, I think he did a full descend and landed hard and broke the camera off. We all have seen a prop come off, it does it and flips.

Fifthly, that poor dog. He could have hurt that dog.

This is all kinds of wrong.

DB we all fly over roads now and again. You almost have too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
do you know how to about VRS?

Need VRS explain please?
Vortex Ring State (aka Settling with Power or the Wobble of Death) is a flight condition common to all rotor aircraft (helicopters and multirotors/quadcopters/drones). For those new to the hobby, they may inaccurately attribute this condition to a fault of their aircraft. But really, it is just a flight phenomenon similar to airplane wing stall. This video discusses its cause, along with demonstrating how to recover from it. More importantly, methods of avoiding it entirely are also discussed and demonstrated.

here its video

here its video
lets investigate again:

how VRS happen based in this video?

Sorry for the name calling

You should be sorry. You've been given an official warning. As have a number of others. There is no name calling allowed. No excuses.

Offensive remarks have been removed. And let it be known @SoundByte, there is zero tolerance for prejudiced comments.

If you can't make your point politely, don't make it.

Call me crazy and I'm relatively new to drones (have made about a dozen flights now) but it seems there's a common denominator in all these high altitude crashes and fly-aways. As an outside looking in, I'm not sure what some of these drone pilots seem hooked with pushing their Phantoms to the limit. This drop from 500M, for example...what is the point of simply flying from the stratosphere and getting a view from a small plane? Me, for one, started a small little side business doing aerial photography. I don't really see the need for flying that far away for a client. Construction Progression, Legal exhibits, golf courses, etc. I still don't see that need. Now I understand there are the hobbyists that enjoy tweeking their birds, mods', etc. However, with modifications comes risk. The 'rush' of flying to the moon, I feel, contributes to these unfortunate incidents...just my 2 cents.

Wowzers... a few feet to one side and it would have hit a car.

Couldn't agree more (about missing a car)...can't believe it took this many posts (including the pilot) to overlook this. IMHO, he should be GRATEFUL it hit ground...could you imagine the damage (to a vehicle), negative publicity and, assuredly, a lawsuit with possible criminal prosecution??? ... not to mention a possible vehicle wreck resulting in major injury or, worse yet, a fatality. What about a pedestrian...bicyclist...small child playing (not in the street mind you but in a yard nearby??? I think it's highly irresponsible to fly about populated areas to simply fly into the clouds with no purpose other than flying to the moon. Just my 2 cents...

Should have saved your money...

Call me crazy and I'm relatively new to drones (have made about a dozen flights now) but it seems there's a common denominator in all these high altitude crashes and fly-aways. As an outside looking in, I'm not sure what some of these drone pilots seem hooked with pushing their Phantoms to the limit. This drop from 500M, for example...what is the point of simply flying from the stratosphere and getting a view from a small plane? Me, for one, started a small little side business doing aerial photography. I don't really see the need for flying that far away for a client. Construction Progression, Legal exhibits, golf courses, etc. I still don't see that need. Now I understand there are the hobbyists that enjoy tweeking their birds, mods', etc. However, with modifications comes risk. The 'rush' of flying to the moon, I feel, contributes to these unfortunate incidents...just my 2 cents.

Once more....

HE IS IN INDIA!

4¢ down the drain.... :oops:

Couldn't agree more (about missing a car)...can't believe it took this many posts (including the pilot) to overlook this. IMHO, he should be GRATEFUL it hit ground...could you imagine the damage (to a vehicle), negative publicity and, assuredly, a lawsuit with possible criminal prosecution??? ... not to mention a possible vehicle wreck resulting in major injury or, worse yet, a fatality. What about a pedestrian...bicyclist...small child playing (not in the street mind you but in a yard nearby??? I think it's highly irresponsible to fly about populated areas to simply fly into the clouds with no purpose other than flying to the moon. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.