DJI P3 iOS Pilot App Released! It's here now!

Reaction score
Just thought I would start a thread of the iOS app when it is released so we can see timing of the release and results folks are having so far. I am hoping, with others, that it will be released in the next couple of days as a large portion of P3's will be shipped an attempted to be flown.

Reactions: Bob Publicover
I'm hoping too. Had mine since Thursday last week, and can't fly yet. I thought about buying an android tablet so it can work. But I have a brand new iPad Air 2 128GB. Fingers crossed. I keep hearing possibly today for release. We will see

I'm hoping too. Had mine since Thursday last week, and can't fly yet. I thought about buying an android tablet so it can work. But I have a brand new iPad Air 2 128GB. Fingers crossed. I keep hearing possibly today for release. We will see

Have you put your iPad in the transmitter holder? If so, how did it feel, weight-wise, using a strap? I'm considering a larger tablet than my iPad Mini 2...

Have you put your iPad in the transmitter holder? If so, how did it feel, weight-wise, using a strap? I'm considering a larger tablet than my iPad Mini 2...

It doesn't feel too bad. I think with a strap it's manageable. But you're right, it really needs an iOS app.

I did. It felt light, like it was missing the DJI app.
LOL

This thread is a good idea, so we can subscribe and know the second the iOS App is released. I get my iPad Mini2 tomorrow. Can't wait to try it all out.

Last edited:
I get my P3 on Wednesday acorfing to fedex so I'be got my fingers crossed that it'll be released today or tomorrow. I understand your pain guys, just don't want to feel it myself.

I have an ipad mini but had to go out and buy a samsung tab 4 just to fly... Actually went to fly just now and battery was completly dead from over night on tablet. The only app On it is the pilot app! What the heck!!!

I also took deliver of the P3A last April 30th but unable to fly as well.
Howerver, I noticed just a short while ago the firmware has been updated on the DJI website. Hopefully DJI Pilot App IOS will happen soon.
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.1.6
2015-05-04

Reactions: Yankie007
I have an ipad mini but had to go out and buy a samsung tab 4 just to fly... Actually went to fly just now and battery was completly dead from over night on tablet. The only app On it is the pilot app! What the heck!!!
The app is designed to not go to sleep so it's always looking for a connection. If there isn't one, you're wasting cycles and your battery is dead. Kill the app or plug it in when it's not in use.

Just did a support chat.. of course they know nothing..

Me: When will the Pilot app for iOS be updated?
DJI: yes
DJI: but the time is not sure
DJI: it will be released as soon as possible

Did a second chat and got this answer...

DJI: the time is not sure,we are sincerely sorry for that

Last week they said within the week. Then they said 2-3 days. Now it sounds like they have no clue. Guess I'll be buying an Android device to use temporarily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31