DJI GO - Why all the bad reviews?

M_W

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 3 S for about half a year now. I use the DJI GO app on my Nexus 7 II and haven't had any big issues with it to speak of other than a drone firmware update failing once. Not sure if that had anything to do with the app or not though.

Anyway, every time an update comes out all the bad reviews make me a little nervous about flying it. The iOS App Store and Google Play are both filled with terrible reviews of the app with people complaining about signal loss, app crashing, connection issues, etc. Now I know there are always going to be bad reviews, but there are so many... and the average rating has stayed the same throughout many, many updates.

I'm sure some of the reviews are coming from users who had a problem most likely due to user error but decided to blame the app instead. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about this.

I'm sure some of the reviews are coming from users who had a problem most likely due to user error but decided to blame the app instead
I think it's partially that and mostly that it's tough to get people who are having a good experience to post a review. Those people are not nearly as motivated as the people who are experiencing issues.

my 2 cents I am not doing anymore updates my bird flys great so am not doing it again and yes have been a lot of issues with updates and dji also knew about the problem that is why every 2 weeks there is a new one getting to be real stupid always new firmware updates means things aren't so great in there products

I've had my Phantom 3 S for about half a year now. I use the DJI GO app on my Nexus 7 II and haven't had any big issues with it to speak of other than a drone firmware update failing once. Not sure if that had anything to do with the app or not though.

Anyway, every time an update comes out all the bad reviews make me a little nervous about flying it. The iOS App Store and Google Play are both filled with terrible reviews of the app with people complaining about signal loss, app crashing, connection issues, etc. Now I know there are always going to be bad reviews, but there are so many... and the average rating has stayed the same throughout many, many updates.

I'm sure some of the reviews are coming from users who had a problem most likely due to user error but decided to blame the app instead. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about this.

Because it is an App that must work on iPhones, iPads, or almost every Android Phone or Tablet, there are bound to be software/hardware conflicts.

Reactions: M_W
my 2 cents I am not doing anymore updates my bird flys great so am not doing it again and yes have been a lot of issues with updates and dji also knew about the problem that is why every 2 weeks there is a new one getting to be real stupid always new firmware updates means things aren't so great in there products
What version of the app and firmware are you on out of curiosity?

app 2,8
rc 1.6
bird cant remember was

Ok, thanks. I've also been getting sick of the constant updates and have considered sticking with a stable version.
this company cares about there customers and is better built
20160427_153329.jpg

Wow, that looks great actually. Might have to consider it whenever my P3S hits the dust. (hopefully that will be a long time :) )
I sunk my p3s in ocean had to get a new one and then well went from there
20160427_153022.jpg

Reactions: M_W
I've had my P3S for 2 months now. I've updated the firmware every time a new version came out and have never had a problem. About half the time I use Litchi for waypoint missions. When I use the GO app, it works as expected. When I use Litchi, I press the "play" button, wait for it to upload to the AC (usually takes less than a second), set my controller down and wait for it to fly the mission and come home. So far no problems. I'm quite happy with my P3S.

Reactions: Storm
Somehow, based on the build design of the drone, battery and controller, that company is connected to DJI in some way.

I'm not saying what you say is actually correct but it is known that companies do in fact create other companies and sell the same product after a few cosmetic and maybe technical changes.

I'm not saying what you say is actually correct but it is known that companies do in fact create other companies and sell the same product after a few cosmetic and maybe technical changes.
to sum it up autel has been around longer than dji building electronics for cars and other things

Reactions: No_Fly_Zone
to sum it up autel has been around longer than dji building electronics for cars and other things
DJI, using some off-shore company, may have bought them. I'm just speculating of course. But any reasonable person would look at the Autel X Star and see so many many many DJI similarities. If DJI does not sue them (as Apple did to Samsung), then it must because DJI has some stake in Autel. Especially considering that Autel is providing plenty at a low price point.

Once again, I have nothing to back up my suggestion, only pure logic that any reasonable person would have. When they come out with the Autel Inspire X Star, then we'll know something is up! :)

Reactions: flpholt
a lot of drones look like dji phantoms but just to put it to rest no autel isn't owned by dji they have been around longer doing other stuff for cars and robots and there next big thing is the kestrel look at video quite impressive

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic