Android switch from IOS not going well

Reaction score
We purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro V2 and decided to switch to a Samsung Galaxy S5e (previously used old Ipad Mini 2 with Phantom 3 Pro). I am about to bail on android. I need to run Litchi, Pix4D capture and DJIGo4. Every single one of these programs is failing and having various problems that I never had on ios.
Litchi: intermittently connects, then if it does connect I start the panoramic and it will lose connection after a few seconds. Sometimes it won't even find the drone. Have not been able to take a panoramic yet.
DJIGo4: connects about 1/2 the time with the drone (least buggy of the programs I am listing). Doesn't recognize it when I turn everything on.
Pix4D capture and associated Ctrl+DJI:
1. recognizes my phantom 4 as a dji inspire 1 every time.
2. intermittently connects and finds drone
3. When I do get it working, it will load the mission start flying to starting position and sometimes never get there, just hovering in the air doing nothing and I have to abort. Then restart the mission and sometimes it works.

I always test in a wide open field with no interference issues. Turn off and on numerous times to reboot. Ensure no other programs are running while I individually test these programs. All software/firmware is up to date. Honestly my old Ipad mini 2 runs these things better than this samsung tablet. Anyone got any advice?

We purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro V2 and decided to switch to a Samsung Galaxy S5e (previously used old Ipad Mini 2 with Phantom 3 Pro). I am about to bail on android. I need to run Litchi, Pix4D capture and DJIGo4. Every single one of these programs is failing and having various problems that I never had on ios.
Litchi: intermittently connects, then if it does connect I start the panoramic and it will lose connection after a few seconds. Sometimes it won't even find the drone. Have not been able to take a panoramic yet.
DJIGo4: connects about 1/2 the time with the drone (least buggy of the programs I am listing). Doesn't recognize it when I turn everything on.
3. When I do get it working, it will load the mission start flying to starting position and sometimes never get there, just hovering in the air doing nothing and I have to abort. Then restart the mission and sometimes it works.

I always test in a wide open field with no interference issues. Turn off and on numerous times to reboot. Ensure no other programs are running while I individually test these programs. All software/firmware is up to date. Honestly my old Ipad mini 2 runs these things better than this samsung tablet. Anyone got any advice?
You can try the steps in this post. We frequently suggest that post when people are struggling with their Android device. Good luck!

Tried android myself, went back to iOS with a couple cheap used mini 4s. Works better on iOS IMO even though they use android on the + models. Probably cheaper.

I would try the steps linked to in @Oso post above. I recently purchased a cheap Android tablet (Lenovo Tab M8 HD) to use because I wanted a bigger screen and didn't want to pay the premium for an iPad. I followed the steps and my tablet has worked perfectly and I have not experienced any crashing or intermittent connection problems.

Just a note about the automated pano function in Litchi - If you are trying to do an HDR pano, on Android AEB brackets can be set and the program will take the 3 or 5 images but they will not be bracketed. On iOS the bracketed images will work properly for the pano. Apparently this was a known problem with Litchi on Android but I didn't discover it until I tried the Android version.

Chris

When I bought my P4P v2 a friend who sold Android and IOS tablets let me borrow several to test before buying one. I quickly came to hate Androids for flying my drone. It was like going down the freeway in a covered wagon compared to the iPad mini 4 that I ultimately bought. If Androids were cars they'd all be Yugo's.

Reactions: ad1950
Hey all, thanks for all the advice. I will attempt the recommendations in Oso's post and see if I can get this thing working right. I know an ipad2 is ancient, but ironically it currently works better than the android!... We got a free android tablet so we were trying to see if we could make it work. If were completely up to me I would have stuck with IOS and been done with it, but we are trying to see if this will work. Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20